Since I’m doing the new install thing, I figured I’d record some of my setup. So here is my cygwin install.
- Internet utilities: wget, curl, ping, openssh, openssl-devel, mysql, nc
- Program compilation stuff: gcc-g++, autoconf, pkg-config, automake
- Programming languages: perl, python
- Other utilities for programming: git, sqlite3
- Text editor: nano
Mintty [non-default] options:
- Text->Locale=en_US UTF-8
- Mouse->Copy on select=Off
- Mouse->Clicks place command line cursor=On
I also haven’t decided yet if I will do apache or PHP via cygwin or windows installs yet. May do a post about that later.