My best friend in college told me about a keyboard that allowed you to type with only one hand by remapping both halves of the keyboard to the other side (swapping when a toggle key is held down), so that it had a backwards QWERTY layout. So, essentially, you could reach the whole keyboard with either the right or left hand.
It will soon be expanded to instead remap keys based upon a configurable ini file so it could be used for other purposes.ContentThe toggle key to swap the keyboard layout is “\”.
As soon as I get around to it... the configuration file will be formatted as follows:
- The default file will be set up for the half-keyboard functionality.
- The first line must be “ToggleKey=RemappedTo”
- Each following line of the the file takes the format of “KeyToRemap=RemappedTo”, one entry per line. The KeyToRemap and RemappedTo must be in one of two formats:
- A hexadecimal representation of the key code
- A textual representation of the key from the following list (case insensitive):
- Any typeable symbol: A-Z, 0-9, and symbols
- Any other virtual key name: F1-F24, Rest of set...
BACK, TAB, CLEAR, RETURN, ESCAPE, CAPITAL
KANA, HANGEUL, HANGUL, JUNJA, FINAL, HANJA, KANJI, CONVERT, NONCONVERT, ACCEPT, MODECHANGE
SPACE, PRIOR, NEXT, END, HOME, LEFT, UP, RIGHT, DOWN, SELECT, PRINT, EXECUTE, SNAPSHOT, INSERT, DELETE, HELP
LWIN, RWIN, LSHIFT, RSHIFT, LCONTROL, RCONTROL, LMENU, RMENU, APPS
NUMPAD0, NUMPAD1, NUMPAD2, NUMPAD3, NUMPAD4, NUMPAD5, NUMPAD6, NUMPAD7, NUMPAD8, NUMPAD9, MULTIPLY, ADD, SEPARATOR, SUBTRACT, DECIMAL, DIVIDE
NUMLOCK, SCROLL, PAUSE, PROCESSKEY
ATTN, CRSEL, EXSEL, EREOF, PLAY, ZOOM, NONAME, PA1, OEM_CLEAR
- If a line is not properly formatted, or the KeyToMap has already been defined, it will be ignored.
- To find a key code, use this program (with source).
ConceptsLow level windows hooksNotesWell, Microsoft is always going on and on about handicapped accessibility...UpdatesDakusan License v2.0 @ 2009-11-04 16:06:57 - Download
I have updated the licensing information across the board for my website and all its projects to the Dakusan License v2.0, a slightly modified version of the Original BSD License.
The Copyright page and all project downloads have been updated accordingly.Added Readme files to all project downloads @ 2009-09-19 05:35:19
Binary and source zip downloads for all Projects now have readme files in them, except as mentioned below.
This only applies to the Draw Image Project in Web Scripts, and not the Directory Manager project (The only project zip file now without a readme).2 Project Pages Completed, 1 Project Uploaded @ 2008-05-22 03:22:34
Completed project pages for 2 projects (Personal Libraries, HalfKey)
Added screenshots for 1 more projects (HalfKey)
Got up downloads for 1 project (HalfKey)To add comments, please go to the forum page for this project (guest comments are allowed for the Projects, Posts, and Updates Forums).
Comments are owned by the user who posted them. We accept no responsibility for the contents of these comments.
No comments for this Project