RABiD BUNNY FEVER
Virtual Scrabble solver
InformationFinds the word worth the most points for a scrabble board/rack state using a highly optimized brute force approachContent|
This is a scrabble AI (Artificial Intelligence) I decided to write as a quick 1 day project (though I went back later and reoptimized a bit more) in C that takes any board configuration and tile set and finds the best possible word worth the most points during that turn.
It utilizes a brute force AI, and a Digital Search Tree for the Dictionary. The dictionary can be any plain text file with words separated by spaces named dict.txt. Press F2 for my example board.
- At any time
- Arrow keys: Move around the board, the tile rack can be reached by moving past the bottom row.
- Enter: Run the AI to find the best word
- F1: Saves the current board and rack to ScrabbleBoard.sve
- F2: Loads the current board and rack from ScrabbleBoard.sve
- Space: Add a blank tile to the rack. Using a blank makes the AI take exponentially longer. 2 spaces can take up to around 30 seconds (on my current computer) as there are an exponential number of more possibilities to search through.
- When on the board
- A-Z: Place a lettered tile
- Delete or BackSpace: Remove a tile
- When on tile rack
- A-Z: Add a tile to the rack. A maximum of 7 tiles are allowed.
- Delete or BackSpace: Remove the last tile
2 versions are available:
- Scrabble.exe: Loads the normal dict.txt plain text dictionary
- ScrabbleDBT.exe: Loads the dict.dbt dictionary file, which is in a custom digital binary tree format. This has a smaller dictionary file and is much quicker to load.
ConceptsGraphics, digital sturctures, optimizationUpdatesDakusan License v2.0 @ 2009-11-04 16:06:57 - Download
I have updated the licensing information across the board for my website and all its projects to the Dakusan License v2.0, a slightly modified version of the Original BSD License.
The Copyright page and all project downloads have been updated accordingly.Added Readme files to all project downloads @ 2009-09-19 05:35:19
Binary and source zip downloads for all Projects now have readme files in them, except as mentioned below.
This only applies to the Draw Image Project in Web Scripts, and not the Directory Manager project (The only project zip file now without a readme).Scrabble v1.0 @ 2008-06-12 19:32:47 - Download
Uploaded version 1.0, updated screenshot, and added content section.To add comments, please go to the forum page for this project (guest comments are allowed for the Projects, Posts, and Updates Forums).
Comments are owned by the user who posted them. We accept no responsibility for the contents of these comments.
No comments for this Project