Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-27-24 09:23 PM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - New hack I noticed today |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 03-16-02

Since last post: 7542 days
Last activity: 7510 days
Posted on 05-07-02 02:14 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Well having finished my programing for the day I jumped onto RO. Going into Payon with my new mage (there's nowhere else for him to lvl ) I started killing like normal, when I noticed something funny. People where grabbing items that dropped almost instantly. you can see the graphic of it falling out of the monster, but it dosn't hit the ground before they lean over and pick it up. (can't see the name text or try to click yourself) Naturaly I said "Geeezz it took that long to get a picking up bot out?" Continuing to kill I noticed something even more awful about this bot/hack. As long as it hits the monster it can pick up the item as it drops. I tested this a few times, where I killed a zombie down to nothing, they came up and hit it once and picked up both drops before I chould click.

Now I don't mind the picking up, if they had earned it(I had thought of programing this myself), but somehow bypassing the pickup time is just wrong. I spent about 45 mins in payon and didn't get a single piece of loot other then jellys.
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7359 days
Last activity: 7359 days
Posted on 05-07-02 04:52 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
*shrugs* there was one of these in alpha, not hard to do, just a matter of a person with the knowledge and no moral ethics to make and distribute it.
Magpie

Since: 04-27-02

Since last post: 7997 days
Last activity: 7937 days
Posted on 05-07-02 02:45 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I've actually done that a few times without a hack :3

But... if they are doing it consistantly it's rather fishy... the hitting part too *sighs* It's probably added to the new bots or something like that ._. And... the loot problems is why I moved to culvert now x.x;;
jekki

Since: 04-30-02

Since last post: 7994 days
Last activity: 7978 days
Posted on 05-07-02 07:57 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
its a mostly likely a bot.

bots pickup drops real quickly but only for their own drops. dont worry they cant loot u unless ur far away from the monster or they steal kill.
Chibi-Bar

Since: 04-16-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7452 days
Last activity: 7408 days
Posted on 05-07-02 10:24 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
top that off... we now have cast anywhere, bot, speed hack... I saw bot mages casting spell in the dessert killing golem..

top that with fast pickup...sheesh..

eventually I probably be lucky to actually "meet" a real life player...

--------------------
Chibi-Bar
Your Local Merchant on Chaos/Loki
Talien

Since: 05-08-02

Since last post: 7980 days
Last activity: 7980 days
Posted on 05-08-02 03:27 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I have to wonder why these people even play, I mean.....what's the point of playing a game when you don't do anything with your character and just let an external program do everything for you? I see those instalooters everywhere, my usual hunting grounds are Bibalan 2 and the maps 2 west of Alberta and southwest of Payon, and each of them on Chaos were overrun with KSing and looting bots when I stopped playing on it.

It's even getting bad on Loki now, I see several bots in Bibalan 2 and I met one near Alberta that had the user watching. I mentioned something to the party members that were with me about lamers, and the botter started whispering me and going on about how it was pointless to just click and kill stuff and that all us legit players were "stupid for wasting our time on it when we could be doing other stuff while a bot levels us". Now how pathetic is that?

With the way RO is going I can see it's going to be more bots than real people eventually, since alot of lamers have more than one bot running at a time and more and more decent people are quitting all the time. I really don't see why Gravity told people not to make bot crashing programs, since that'd be the only real effective way to get rid of them, right now the only things people can really do is warp them off somwhere else or heal whatever it is they happen to be fighting until they die, but not everyone can warp, and not everyone can heal.....so there's really nothing the general population can do about bots. Add to the fact that most of them bot in areas where they take single digit damage from the monsters there and that cuts out the possibility of making them die by healing the monsters, and that warping takes blue gems and those cost money, so how many Acolytes are going to be willing to spend their own money to warp a bot only to see it back in the same spot later on? I used to, but it's pointless now since there's so many of them, and I know alot of others feel the same way.

I guess I'm just wondering what's taking Gravity so long to add packet encryption (which should have been there from the start really) to get rid of these bots, because all it's doing is driving away people that would have otherwise stuck around and paid for the game when it goes commercial.
Kyokushin-ka

Since: 05-02-02

Since last post: 7947 days
Posted on 05-08-02 03:51 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I don't play it as much for that reason, now I just mod and play with the game. I realy ain't goin to go back to it until something is released that kills the bots, or if some big new update is released, at which point I'll go back and see it. I think when I'm back on a 56k modem over this summer I won't play at all, and wait and see what happens when I come back. Of cource, Star Wars Galaxies will be betaed by then, which makes something new, and likely to make it to retail, to beta-test.

On annother note, are you, um, that guy from the Ponterra Parish.

uh, you know "Hold still so I can beat that smile off of your face" or something like that.
Talien

Posted on 05-08-02 06:18 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Heh, you mean this guy?

I gotta say I'm starting to get to that point too where I just want to stop playing for a while and just hang around forums, the only reason I still play is because of the RPing and stuff I do with the Parish, cool group of people and I'd have quit a long time ago if I hadn't run across them. But as for a 56K connection goes.....it's not really that bad, I'm on a 56K myself and I don't have much more trouble with lag than anyone else does. Only thing I really notice is I have a longer load time between maps, and of course it takes longer for me to DL the patches and stuff, but other than that it's not a whole lot different from people I know that use Cable or DSL.
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7359 days
Last activity: 7359 days
Posted on 05-08-02 01:53 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
longer load between maps is due to ram.
Talien

Posted on 05-09-02 02:24 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Heh, that's what I get for posting while I'm half asleep. I knew it was ram.....really, I did.
Minosoko

Since: 05-09-02

Since last post: 8024 days
Last activity: 8024 days
Posted on 05-09-02 05:37 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Well i've seen some bots around..but absolutly nothing like what you've described...
Talien

Posted on 05-09-02 01:50 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Count yourself as extremely lucky then, at least you haven't had to deal with getting every drop from something you just killed looted all at once by some bot that came up and got in one hit on it.
Tyrlan

Since: 03-16-02

Since last post: 7542 days
Last activity: 7510 days
Posted on 05-09-02 02:36 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Well after a bit more playing the only place I really notice this bot is Payon, and I saw 2 of them in Yoyo land. But then again I think this one is being kept in a smaller circle of hackers/friends, then just the kill bot.
Chibi-Bar

Since: 04-16-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7452 days
Last activity: 7408 days
Posted on 05-09-02 11:26 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
there are tons of bots I finally saw mage bot in the desert killing golems and such...

but most bots I see are swordsman in babilan dungeon level 2 and 3 and they loot fast too.. I think people use bot to make zeny for them since the "old fashion" play takes too long.. they want to go fight baph and get a baph card or something.. so need to be high level to have a chance there...

even some doing ebay selling (which is illegal) but that never stop anyone

--------------------
Chibi-Bar
Your Local Merchant on Chaos/Loki
Eternity

Since: 05-13-02

Since last post: 8020 days
Last activity: 8019 days
Posted on 05-13-02 02:02 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
If you click on one item, and before u pick that up click the other items beside it it will look like u only picked up that first item =)

--------------------
Help, all my characters are stuck.
Valgis

Since: 05-14-02

Since last post: 8000 days
Last activity: 7553 days
Posted on 05-14-02 11:52 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
It would maybe be a bot or speed hack
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - New hack I noticed today |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.012 seconds.