Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-26-24 12:31 AM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - Programming/reverse engineering discussion - Editing of weapons, monsters, skills, etc. |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Master of Idiocy

Since: 05-07-02

Since last post: 7940 days
Last activity: 7940 days
Posted on 05-07-02 10:48 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Ok -- just recently I downloaded the .grf extractor and I do have to say it is FABULOUS. This has deepened my view into the game much more and made me quite excited once I found the item .txts.

Now I know Sasami, you will consider it cheating - I considering it "Modification", or Modding. But is there a file that can be read by a normal program(Notepad, Wordpad, etc) that can actually edit the stats or values of something? I'm 95% sure that there is a way to do this, and it probably just isn't public yet. I've checked every .txt file, and edited one certain file that made the DISPLAY of the items attack higher, but it turns out to be Client-side only.

I realize that changing these items could be HIGHLY malicious due to the chance of ripping people off. If I do find it, it will keep it to myself. I know you have most likely already figured out away to do this, but if you could give me some hints or maybe some downloads that I will need i'd be very greatful.

Also, when ever I try to use your packet editor, it always says 'dll injection failed'?

Thanks,
Osiris

--------------------
I came,
I saw,
I shit.
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7357 days
Last activity: 7357 days
Posted on 05-07-02 11:36 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
#1 there is no way, sorry, i can tell you that now
#2 are you sure it's my packet editor O.o what does the title of it say?
OsirisInside

Master of Idiocy

Since: 05-07-02

Since last post: 7940 days
Last activity: 7940 days
Posted on 05-08-02 12:04 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Yes, WPE. I downloaded it off the link in one of the threads.

--------------------
I came,
I saw,
I shit.
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7357 days
Last activity: 7357 days
Posted on 05-08-02 12:12 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
that's not mine, i am just hosting it.
Quanta

Since: 04-09-02

Since last post: 7739 days
Last activity: 7491 days
Posted on 05-14-02 11:10 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
As far as I can tell, the GRFs contain absolutely nothing that could give a player an advantage over another, save for sprite swapping. All data regarding item stats, monster names, damage calculation, etc. seems to be exclusively on the server's side (which makes sense 'cause there's no monsternametable.txt and extensive lag sometimes prevents monster names from appearing).

--------------------
Akute Psyko

Since: 06-05-02

Since last post: 7950 days
Last activity: 7995 days
Posted on 06-05-02 02:12 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
yes server side.... =D

the files that u extract are simply for your viewing, it has no connection with the game server... except for wen to show them...

u can change wut things look like on your side of the game, but it never really affects other players or the server.... kinda like the weapon/char skins for CS...

the current hacks that are out, are just exploits of loopholes in the RO client... exploits of bugs, or just picking at the things Gravity's programmers never thought about...

good thinking tho... =D, i added in Buy/Sell prices for all items in my item descriptions.... HEHEH... its quite useful... also have edited mistress field map with spawn points... thers many things u can do with it... but only you'll see em...

--------------------
-Akute Psyko
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - Programming/reverse engineering discussion - Editing of weapons, monsters, skills, etc. |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.011 seconds.