Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-28-24 04:40 PM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Hynes site is a bit buggy |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 05-02-02

Since last post: 7948 days
Last activity: 7981 days
Posted on 05-08-02 07:21 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I saw your hynes site, and did a bit of askin' as to where to start playin with roms but...it seems a bit buggy and some of the links are a bit dead.
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7360 days
Last activity: 7360 days
Posted on 05-08-02 02:00 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
unfortunatly, the site is a bit buggy from the fact that I have been way too lazy to get cgi working on the server. Secondly, sorry about the dead links, I havn't really tried to maintain the site for about a year. Thirdly, I was trying to keep my emulator legal. Emualation itself is legal, but not the distribution of roms, that's why I didn't have any on my site.
Kyokushin-ka

Posted on 05-08-02 05:52 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
er, I mean-rom hacking one's that I own
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 05-08-02 08:35 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
ah i'll give you a longer response on this when i get home. I have some info.
Kyokushin-ka

Posted on 05-08-02 08:51 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I think I should be givin' you more info then:

What I want to do is either translate a Fire Emblem game, or use FE Gadien's engine to make a modified game.

Done went to Zophar's domain and looked at the faqs, pretty incomprehensable, as well as the giant mass of utils and downloads. I tried making a Table file for FE Gadien so I could play with the text and found out that the only Relative search program I could find: Relative Search 2 dosn't work on this comp.

Thanks
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 05-08-02 11:09 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
hehe, i was just about to send you to zophars before i read the rest of your post
um, for making text patches there is a program called ips, as for editing stuff inside the game its just decompiling it to the asm, and editing it, or if you want to change the graphics using some other utlities, i don't know what more to say. If I ever get back around to hynes and finish it, it will have everything you would ever need related to utilities for the nes.

(edited by Sasami on 05-08-02 06:13 PM)
Kyokushin-ka

Posted on 05-09-02 01:52 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Well, I found relative search 3, unfortounately, it had absolutely no documentation that came with it, nice program, having to trial-error it to figure out what it does. I guess I'll start text hacking roms that have already been extensively hacked (Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior) to figure out how text hacking and creating tables works.

[Edit] Figured out how the relative searcher works (I can really recomend DeJap's windows version) as well as thingey (old but works), I also found out that Final Fantasy has a much larger text encoding than the normal alphabet (eg. 28=ar) figured the best way to find all of them is to use a hex editor. No matter if a table already exists and is publised, I want to find them using the tools I have on my own.

(edited by Kyokushin-ka on 05-09-02 12:03 AM)
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 05-11-02 11:02 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
well, I fixed it up too today after I finished with this site, took out the flash video that seemed to be messing things up, fixed up most of the cgi... still some dead links though, ah well.
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Hynes site is a bit buggy |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.008 seconds.