Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-28-24 12:40 AM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Ganbatte Sasami-chan! |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 05-06-02

Since last post: 8011 days
Last activity: 7976 days
Posted on 05-10-02 02:42 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Hello minna-san,

I've never posted here before, but I've been following a lot of the things going on. Just wanted to take a moment out of my day to say Hello to you all, and especially to say "Thank you" to Sasami for putting forth the effort to help people out in RO. I for one appreciate your efforts, and wanted to say thanks, I know I'm only one anonymous voice amongst the masses, but keep smiling ne? ^^

Domo Arigato Gozaimasu Sasami-chan

--------------------
Smile Smile ^^
Vargasan

Since: 05-03-02

Last activity: 8012 days
Posted on 05-10-02 03:43 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Hsien-ko says:
Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto

I must admit, Sasami has done wonderful things. The EXP-Viewer is simply priceless and getting rid of the extensive hackers will be wonderous.

Now, all you have to do is change your name to 'Mr. Roboto' and its PARTY TIME!

--------------------
Noiboi

Since: 04-17-02

Since last post: 7995 days
Last activity: 7920 days
Posted on 05-10-02 06:36 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Sasami,

You've done so many great things for RO. Its a shame that there are a few jerks that don't appreciate it. Thanks for all you've done. Don't let them win.
MingShun

Since: 05-10-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7407 days
Last activity: 7407 days
Posted on 05-10-02 09:48 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Reading a lotta forums, I'd have to say more jerks are out there. I think I'm one of em...Yeah, I think I am.

I might not have met you Sasami, but tell Tenchi to choose Tsunami willya? Err, actually, goodbye and good luck. I'm sure you touched a lotta hearts, mine included.
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7359 days
Last activity: 7359 days
Posted on 05-10-02 10:42 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by Vargasan
Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto

I must admit, Sasami has done wonderful things. The EXP-Viewer is simply priceless and getting rid of the extensive hackers will be wonderous.

Now, all you have to do is change your name to 'Mr. Roboto' and its PARTY TIME!

thanks for the laugh

and than you all for your support. I still really don't know how I am going to handle the situation. I'm going to watch gravity for a few more weeks, see if they betray me again -.- or if they do things appropriatly, and will decide then.

And was there ever any doubt that sasami won't get tenchi in the end?
Makoto

Since: 02-19-02

Since last post: 7768 days
Last activity: 7755 days
Posted on 05-10-02 11:04 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
well... ive only seen a bit of tenchi... but isnt sasami like... waaaayyyy to young.. well, physicly she is, even tho she is a few hundered years old, lol...
uh.. odd :/
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 05-10-02 11:17 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
hey now! she'll grow up! :-p i'd say she is emotionally and physically around 14, while she is actually about 300 i think.
Raveus

Since last post: 7980 days
Last activity: 7879 days
Posted on 05-11-02 12:18 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Eh, I look at it as being easier to just do things for my own agenda. This doesn't mean I don't respect gravity's wishes, but rather than writing reports out and looking for balance and gameplay issues for gravity's sake, I do them to try to gain a feel for what gravity has done right and what they've done wrong, and in what ways. If I started deving external things for RO, it would probably be for the same reasons. I understand why you feel hurt and betrayed, but I've seen a lot of wacky things happen around things under development, and eventually convinced myself that most of the time, the evil marketing department is at the root of things. At least some of the times, even if one employee says one thing and someone else says another, it's based on conflicting signals from marketing, and while the company has lied, often the employees are trying to be sincere. Even if it's not true, marketing makes a great target for the odd bout of hatred, and if you can convince yourself that your efforts are worth it in and of themselves, and any reward from gravity or the community is simply an added incentive, it doesn't really matter whether or not it really IS just marketing

err, call it a very poor attempt at being comforting? ^^;;

· Raveus
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 05-11-02 01:21 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
i hadn't even thought about that... but still... I can understand lieing to the general public sometimes, which they do more than you would like, but when they are lieing to people directly in contact with them helping, i find that uncool.
Raveus

Since last post: 7980 days
Last activity: 7879 days
Posted on 05-11-02 01:45 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by Sasami
i hadn't even thought about that... but still... I can understand lieing to the general public sometimes, which they do more than you would like, but when they are lieing to people directly in contact with them helping, i find that uncool.

Well, yeah, I don't know what channels all of this has been going through, but, even then I've had experiences where I was told or at least made to believe one thing, and then something else came out. It turned out to be messed up damage control, and the person who was my contact had just been doing what they'd been told, which, after all, is their job, and was at least as pissed as I was about how things turned out, as they'd been lead to believe that the information they were giving out was mostly correct. *shrugs* prolly not the case here, and maybe I'm just more forgiving than most in that regard. Still, tho... these things just kinda happen, especially if marketing at all gets involved, in my experience. Even when the corporation as a whole seems to be two-facing... it really is, because individual employees are sometimes set on different tracks, and not necessarily trying to be sadistic bastards about it, and sometimes not even think they're lying. It's just important not to get mad at the individual people unless it's pretty definite that it can be laid soley at their feet, and not at the simple fact that although corporations are treated as individuals, the control and information flow can be widely dispersed, and there are a lot of different individuals and opinions at work. And that if someone in marketing convinces someone in management that something needs to be covered, a person can be told that they either mis-inform about it, or lose their job, if not in so many words.

· Raveus
CHJIEN

Since: 04-30-02

Since last post: 7999 days
Last activity: 8022 days
Posted on 05-11-02 06:37 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
sesami, please let the site-forum exist, otherways i wont know what to do while the long server downtimes

we all lub sasami, :X
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 05-11-02 08:19 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
i'm not taking the site down, i'm just not going to make any more programs for ragnarok *probably*. I was going to to a lot of updates to the site tonight, but I went out and watched a movie and hung out with friends instead
MingShun

Since: 05-10-02

Since last post: 7407 days
Last activity: 7407 days
Posted on 05-11-02 09:29 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Yeah see, you now have the time to enjoy life. Plz continue!

--------------------
T-T my archer is stuck in Izude...At least rolling back won't take away the intended 2 lvls...
Vargasan

Last activity: 8012 days
Posted on 05-11-02 08:59 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Hsien-ko says:
thanks for the laugh

and than you all for your support. I still really don't know how I am going to handle the situation. I'm going to watch gravity for a few more weeks, see if they betray me again -.- or if they do things appropriatly, and will decide then.

And was there ever any doubt that sasami won't get tenchi in the end?

It was my pleasure.

My $0.02

To be perfectly honest, Gravity has been totally neglecting us. Maybe they're preparing for E3, maybe they're just don't care, who knows. All I know, is that it is quite irritating that they don't seem to have the manpower(or know-how) to even fix these server inconsistencies... Login server goes up and down more often then a cheap prostitute, some servers are barely up, instability with the character database... it is all REALLY unassuring that they can't even let those in close contact with them know the truth... All of this seems to be adding up to a really poorly run company...

I'm really losing my faith in Gravity and in Rangnarok Online...

*Can't wait for Shining Lore open beta*

--------------------
Chibi-Bar

Since: 04-16-02

Since last post: 7452 days
Last activity: 7408 days
Posted on 05-12-02 02:12 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I think it boils down to the Jerks vs the Good people.... there are not enough of the good people playing left.. I walk around in game and I probably notice more bots, looters and kill stealers... in the last week.. I have only ONE player actually gave me something she accidentally looted cause of the poporing incident.. one moment out of a week worth of playing that is sad..

then again.. I actually had a conversation with a real player about two weeks ago ^^;;

--------------------
Chibi-Bar
Your Local Merchant on Chaos/Loki
Makoto

Since: 02-19-02

Since last post: 7768 days
Last activity: 7755 days
Posted on 05-12-02 01:29 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
hey now! she'll grow up! :-p i'd say she is emotionally and physically around 14, while she is actually about 300 i think.

hehe, ok, fair enough
as i said ive only sen a little bit of tenchi (first 7 episodes)
and sasami seem'd more 10 then 14 to me, heh, but ah well
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 05-12-02 01:42 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
mm maybe, it's debatable.
Valgis

Since: 05-14-02

Since last post: 8001 days
Last activity: 7553 days
Posted on 05-14-02 12:34 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
the website is closing???
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Ganbatte Sasami-chan! |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.012 seconds.