Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-28-24 04:01 PM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Okay I missed something |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 03-16-02

Since last post: 7543 days
Last activity: 7511 days
Posted on 05-12-02 07:13 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
What did gravity do towards the fanbase that got everyone so mad. Maybe it's my fault for not reading forums for the last few days, but I compleatly missed whatever it was. Chould someone please explain what they did? (or didn't do?)
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7360 days
Last activity: 7360 days
Posted on 05-12-02 01:41 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
They do lots of things, they lie, they make false promises and never get anything done, they lie, they take way to much time on getting problems fixed, they lie, leave the servers down for long periods of time b/c theyd rather fix a pixel on a hat on the korean servers,oh, did I mention they like to LIE.
Doomcraft

Since: 04-28-02

Since last post: 7981 days
Last activity: 7969 days
Posted on 05-12-02 03:19 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
They also have a secret satanic cult that worships 'Devil Poring' and each month they snatch a random ragnarok player for a human sacrifice. *shivers*
The rest of us will be zombies addicted to ro in a month, didnt you notice the hidden sublinary messages in the game? just plain evil.

(ok, I think I just crossed the line between a delicate lie and pure sarcasm...)
Chibi-Bar

Since: 04-16-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7452 days
Last activity: 7409 days
Posted on 05-12-02 04:05 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
of course it would be nice if they just tell us what is the plan or something between servers..

I wonder why they even set up the servers in the U.S. if the English server is on their last priorities... They have all this plan... and I'm not sure any more if we will ever see any more classes.. or even getting the mandragoras back.. oh well

--------------------
Chibi-Bar
Your Local Merchant on Chaos/Loki
Tyrlan

Since: 03-16-02

Since last post: 7543 days
Last activity: 7511 days
Posted on 05-12-02 04:16 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
*shrugs* maybe i'm just too used to "when it's done" for games status, and that I've been beta testing games for a few years now. Tend not to believe things companys say about betas until they actully have moved the code into our(testers) hands. Example being one time we didn't recieve the code for parties until 2 months before launch of this one game... so while we chould switch between character none shared exp/quests/anything else, god was that annoying(basicly had to go through the game with each character, instead of a party of chars ) I'm straying from my thoughts now... Anyways back to gravity, I think the best thing they chould do is an english beta2 server... which I think we will get but it will be only after all the bug are fixed on the korean one. Which kinda makes us playing the beta version pointless, because we arn't testing anything but grammer.

BTW check out Joe the Dudes homepage for a screen shot of the new anti hack system. Looks like it's a program that runs as rag is starting up. I'm not sure about it, but this seems too easy to bypass.

I think gravity cares about the english server, it's just that right now they are probelly getting big pressure fromt he backers about getting the game done in one market at least and starting to make income.
Chibi-Bar

Posted on 05-12-02 07:41 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
but... I see a problem with that.. what if they push all these "features" into the kbeta and jbeta... and then release.. what about us? continue to beta test?? if not.. then we would never get to test the "new" stuff and just play release? or.. if it is offically release that means pay to play.. and to those do not wish to play (or can't) will flood the english server even more

--------------------
Chibi-Bar
Doomcraft

Since: 04-28-02

Since last post: 7981 days
Last activity: 7969 days
Posted on 05-12-02 10:08 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Gravity is also busy because they discovered 'merchandise', so now they're making poring keychains and ro toys that actually serve to spy on your activities and make you part of the 'ro secret cult'....

btw, in a "beta tester" perspective I think we tested most of the things on the current english beta. Sasami as a program that exposes most security flaws and Gravity now knows the "ideal" number of players for each server to prevent a huge lag situation so I think it would be ideal to..

a) Gravity listened more to the people who know more ro's security flaws (hint: sasami....)

b) if language is the problem then Gravity should get a translator that could pose as a middle man between company and fans

c) Try to get less versions of the same game. In another words, bringing the jbeta, ebeta and kbeta closer in therms of features (maybe except the sakuray server).
This could save some confusions in programing and save some time for them.

d) Get a shedule, they dont seem to have one.

e) forgot what it was...

any comments/ideas?

Chibi-Bar

Posted on 05-12-02 11:31 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I personally think they are working this project as three seperate project instead as one project..

and the time line is all mess up hehe... that is what I was thinking... ebeta,jbeta and kbeta should all be on the same page... Sakuray server will be the newest thing and such (since they can wipe at any time) then should be publish to the rest of the server..

my fear is that when the commercial release... we might be treated the same as in beta phase

--------------------
Chibi-Bar
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Okay I missed something |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.008 seconds.