Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
05-01-24 03:03 PM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Hmm, overrating? |
Pages: 1 2Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 04-12-02

Since last post: 7476 days
Last activity: 7470 days
Posted on 05-17-02 09:09 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
"to see Star Wars Episode 2, which was the most kick arse movie ever made on the face of the planet"

Give me a break!
Ecthelion de la Fontaine

Since: 04-25-02

Since last post: 7999 days
Last activity: 7875 days
Posted on 05-17-02 09:18 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Hmm well I saw it as well so here's what I think:

Jar jar must die. He/she/it should have been killed off a long time ago. Absolutely disgusting.

Anakin? Another hormonally driven 13 year old, he bears about as much resemblance to Darth Vader as refried beans. I know hundreds of guys who both look and act like that ever day; any acting ability was most definitely not required.

And whatever was Padme thinking? She is supposed to be a rational, yet spirited young woman, and out of nowhere she jumps into the sack with some teenager with whom she shares absolutely no chemistry.

Yoda, Yoda, Yoda. Yes he's supposed to be the greatest, but did they really have to make him fight like some demented gremlin?

Overall I probably appreciate it more because of how crappy Ep1 was, but apart from that it ends up being only a slightly over-average action movie
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7363 days
Last activity: 7363 days
Posted on 05-17-02 03:06 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Well we have our conflicting opinions then because I completly disagree with both of you.
Vandule

Since: 05-10-02

Since last post: 7900 days
Last activity: 7897 days
Posted on 05-17-02 07:33 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
looks like a cool movie but rather d/l it on 56k then wait in the lines that surround the theaters.
Arsenic

Posted on 05-17-02 08:09 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Sasami :

Oh I respect people's opinions, it sure can be your personal favorite movie, but don't come and shoot it is the best movie ever made

Don't get me wrong, I like Star Wars and I'm sure this one is good, hopefully better than the phantom menace (This one was awful).

Yet, there's just one thing....

Tolkien > Lucas
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 05-17-02 09:27 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Ok, ok, I was hyped that night about it and probably made it out to better than it is. It was 4-5am and I was pumped full of caffine, give me a break . I was actually looking foward to Two Towers more than Star Wars Episode 2, but wow, I have to say episode 2 was much better by far than Fellowship of the Rings. There is no way Two Towers will beat out Fellowship, that book was way too boring. However, the 3rd one will bring it all together, Return of the King will be spectacular. And about the phantom menace, the ONLY reason it was made was to set up the plot for Episode 2, which was leaps and bounds better than 1, but I don't know if Lucas will be able to top it on #3. I agree the general story line of LotR is better than Star Wars, but in the movies I think Lucas has the home field advantage. I'm not saying Fellowship was bad, it was amazing too, but just not quite up to Epsiode 2 standards IMO.
Kyokushin-ka

Since: 05-02-02

Since last post: 7951 days
Last activity: 7984 days
Posted on 05-18-02 01:39 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Yay, I found a working computer.

Better than FOTR, that's goin to be difficult, (I haven't seen it yet) I mean, that movie was deep and exciting through the whole three hours of it. SW Ep II have a hard time having to top it...I guess I'd better go and see it.
Arsenic

Posted on 05-18-02 09:42 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
The Two Tower "boring"??

How dare you insult Tolkien's work!

Anyway, you're entering a dangerous field by comparing Tolkien and Lucas... Tolkien is so much bigger than Lucas, from every aspect, but I won't start an argument about it, quite tired right now

Though, I can see that you're more appealed by actions than deep storyline. Star Wars is an action flip, and sure has more actions than the whole LOTR trilogy (I'm talking about the books there, movie is quite different as you know). I guess you love those action blockbusters that hit the screen in summers, like Tomb Raider, Return of the mommy, etc.

That's ok, it's all about opinions. However, I'm wondering how you managed to get through the first tome of the trilogy if that's the case.

But seriously, don't expect anything from Lucas to win an Oscar, or even a Golden Globes

What Lucas needs in his films is to improve his dialogues and get a deeper story. The global storyline is really good however.

Oh by the way
"And about the phantom menace, the ONLY reason it was made was to set up the plot for Episode 2"

Wrong! The only reason was to make money you fool!

And also to laugh in your face as you paid a thicket to see that thrash...and perhaps to begin to loath a certain character named Jar Jar Bink, which hopefully will die and suffer in a future episode

(edited by Arsenic on 05-18-02 04:42 AM)

(edited by Arsenic on 05-18-02 04:51 AM)
Noiboi

Since: 04-17-02

Since last post: 7998 days
Last activity: 7923 days
Posted on 05-18-02 10:08 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Star Wars Vs Lord Of Rings, this is a tough one. I love Star Wars, I always have but Episode 1 just didn't have the appeal of the original trilogy. I haven't read the LOTR books yet but after I saw the movie I went and bought The Hobbit and the whole LOTR trilogy, I've just finished all my assignments for Uni so I might actually have some time to read them now, so far what I've read I love. The Star Wars books on the other hand are great. Personally I think Lucas would have been better of making the Jedi Acadamy trilogy of book into movies than the making the prequals. Star wars just doesn't seem the same without the main characters that we all grew to love from the originals.

I can't wait for the extended version of Fellowship of the Ring on DVD. As if it wasn't long enough they've added and extra 30 mins to it
Makoto

Since: 02-19-02

Since last post: 7771 days
Last activity: 7758 days
Posted on 05-18-02 01:07 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
well, i havent seen SW Ep II, but LotR was miles and miles and miles and miles better then almost every film, and the origanal star wars trillogy was only above avarage (IMO), LotR beats the poo out of them, so SW Ep II has to do REALLY well to beat LotR IMO, but im gonna see SW Ep II, im sure it'll still be very good , just not as good as LotR, heh, but thats probably because im a traditional fantasy person at heart, and always preffer traditional fantasy to futuristic
futuristic is still very cool tho, the only type i just dont tend to like is world war, world war games like return to castle wolfenstien, and more modern ones like CS, i just dont like much *shrugs* they just dont appeal to me O.o
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 05-18-02 02:52 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I very muched enjoyed the whole LotR series except most of book 3 (first half of two towers). The hobbits walking through the desert with nothing really going on is not my idea of enjoyable reading. And actually, I like story more than action, but actions helps too I never went to see Tomb Raiders, looked like a film to "titalate the male lumbedo" as one of my teachers always says hehe, return of the mummy... never saw that either... but anyways, LotR was miles ahead of any movie I had seen at the time, and I thought Episoede 2 was miles ahead of LotR Fellowship *shrugs* And I thought they were adding an hour to the DVD... maybe not...

Personally, I love killing pixilated Nazis *is jewish*
PrettyKitty

Since: 05-18-02

Since last post: 8018 days
Last activity: 8018 days
Posted on 05-18-02 04:45 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Just wandering Arsenic, do you have an updated version?
Kyokushin-ka

Posted on 05-18-02 04:59 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
*cough* there's a completely different thread for that--see I believe your Warp To Save Point is a rip off of my Last Point program
Makoto

Posted on 05-18-02 05:06 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by Sasami
I very muched enjoyed the whole LotR series except most of book 3 (first half of two towers). The hobbits walking through the desert with nothing really going on is not my idea of enjoyable reading. And actually, I like story more than action, but actions helps too I never went to see Tomb Raiders, looked like a film to "titalate the male lumbedo" as one of my teachers always says hehe, return of the mummy... never saw that either... but anyways, LotR was miles ahead of any movie I had seen at the time, and I thought Episoede 2 was miles ahead of LotR Fellowship *shrugs* And I thought they were adding an hour to the DVD... maybe not...

Personally, I love killing pixilated Nazis *is jewish*

your jewish? cool, i didnt realise
i just generally dont like killing humans in general with guns, dunno why, i almost feel guilty O.o
which is why i didnt get into grand theft auto 3, i keep avoiding killing the pedestreans and such, lol
i also try'd playing an evil party in BG2... but ended up role playing them as good and being nice, so i gave up on that, lol

and isnt it 'labedo'? (not lumbedo) meaning ones sex drive and such....

ah, here it is: http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=libido&r=3
its 'libido'
sexual desire basicly, heh

(edited by Makoto on 05-18-02 12:11 PM)
Kyokushin-ka

Posted on 05-18-02 05:13 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
You don't like GTA3, I remember when the entire suite would get together in one room and just play to see how many wanted stars they could get without cheating.

"NO, NO, NO WAIT STOP, LET THE COPS STOP TOO"
"NOW RUN THEIR SORRY ASSES OVER."
"AHAHAHAHA"

Normaly you could get your first two wanted stars in a twofer. You get a weapon, find a cop steal a car wile he watches, get out of the car and blow him away. It was so much fun just seeing how far you could get...esp getting so far that you could steal a tank, if you lived to get that far.
Makoto

Posted on 05-18-02 05:18 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
hehe, yeah, my friends did that too, only id only get guilty if i try'd O.o

i took an anger test recently too, my anger index was 7 (on a scale for 1 to 100)
which basicly ment that im very very good and controlling my anger, altho it could also mean that im bottleing it all o.O
which is why i go to Altnernative music club/nights and mosh/slam dance
controlled release of agresion and very fun
Doomcraft

Since: 04-28-02

Since last post: 7984 days
Last activity: 7972 days
Posted on 05-18-02 05:26 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
mmhmm, baldurs gate........ such sweet memories of mayem and hamsters.

--------------------
And once again our friend, and semi-hero posts again....

Arsenic

Posted on 05-18-02 09:05 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by Sasami
I very muched enjoyed the whole LotR series except most of book 3 (first half of two towers). The hobbits walking through the desert with nothing really going on is not my idea of enjoyable reading

You mean book 4 (Tome 2 -The Two Towers -, second part), the book 3 is when there is the huge battle near Orthanc. But yeah, I agree that the part where the hobbits wander and find their way toward Mordor is a bit boring. Yet, it's sure more interesting than the walk in the haunted forest with Tom Bombadil! Glad they cut this part in the movie

Anyway, I think you will enjoy TTT if you like actions, considering the huge battle I was talking about will last 50 minutes :p

(edited by Arsenic on 05-18-02 04:08 PM)
Vargasan

Since: 05-03-02

Since last post: 8015 days
Last activity: 8016 days
Posted on 05-18-02 09:13 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Hsien-ko says:
Originally posted by Doomcraft
mmhmm, baldurs gate........ such sweet memories of mayem and hamsters.

Better then LotR and Star Wars combined.

"Butt-kicking for JUSTICE!!!"
"Go for the eyes, Boo!!"

--------------------
Makoto

Posted on 05-19-02 01:01 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Minsc completely ruled!
he was just sooooo cool
Pages: 1 2Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Hmm, overrating? |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.013 seconds.