Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-18-24 08:15 AM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - Programming/reverse engineering discussion - ICUIP 1.0 |
Pages: 1 2 3Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 04-26-02

Since last post: 7821 days
Last activity: 7834 days
Posted on 05-17-02 04:03 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Well guys, I finally figured it out. I've created my first packet sender. I'm going to beaf it up and release it on Sasami's site, if she'll let me.

Possible features -
- Moniter Incomeing and outgoing packets
- Filter by port, destination, or program
- "Save" and name packets, will show name each time there after when that
profile is loaded
- Edit saved packets (temporary or permanant), and send them
- "intercept" mode will catch packets that match a pre-determined filter rule and
modify them before letting them go (this actualy will block the packet and send
a different one in it's place).
- Easy to use (I hope).
- Free
- Compatible on Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, and XP

Let me know what you think, or if you have any other ideas for features.

Rob
Fig

Since: 05-17-02

Since last post: 7987 days
Last activity: 7979 days
Posted on 05-17-02 04:11 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
well.. first i belive sasami is a guy but thats just me but i could use a better packet sender thats not wpe or a deom iris. =)
Super_Supa

Since: 05-11-02

Since last post: 8006 days
Posted on 05-17-02 06:01 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by Fig
well.. first i belive sasami is a guy but thats just me but i could use a better packet sender thats not wpe or a deom iris. =)

99% that sasami = she
jekki

Since: 04-30-02

Since last post: 7985 days
Last activity: 7969 days
Posted on 05-17-02 07:45 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
sasami is a girl on techi muyo...so umm a girl would probably use that handle. unless a guy really liked sasami.
pragma7

Posted on 05-17-02 08:35 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Lol, when did this topic turn into a poll? j/k...seroisly though...what else do you guys wanna see in a packet editor/sniffer?

Rob
CHJIEN

Since: 04-30-02

Since last post: 7989 days
Last activity: 8012 days
Posted on 05-17-02 08:43 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
1st of all , Sasami's a SHE (rrrrrrr :p)
2knd off, i want your app
3rth of send it
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7350 days
Last activity: 7350 days
Posted on 05-17-02 09:21 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
where to start, first of all, I am a girl -.- i thought everyone knew that. My Name is Kati, I live in the USA, Texas to be specic (i hate texas!). I am a senior in high school, 18 years old, and I am going off to college next year. Sasami is my favorite anime character so I decided to use her name as my nick. On the topic of the packet sender, I already made one quite a while back, but I didn't release it b/c with it, anyone could much more easily do any kind of hack involving packets. I am trying to keep the spread of malicious hacks to a minimum. Although it does sound like a very good project, I congratulate you on it.
The Raven

Since: 04-22-02

Since last post: 7955 days
Last activity: 7972 days
Posted on 05-17-02 09:28 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
pragma7, can you give some technical details on how you made the program? Like how do you intercept the packets to modify them. Made a api hook?
Fig

Since last post: 7987 days
Posted on 05-17-02 11:57 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
haha well then i have to correct like 50 other ppl and posts that your a she, it didn't seem a girl would get into hacking and ragnarok =) swory about dat
pragma7

Posted on 05-18-02 12:27 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I won't be releasing the source code...and I'm still deciding on weather I'm gonna release it to everyone. Also, it's not ready yet, I said I made an app to send packets...long way to go

I'll keep you posted...

Rob
Kyokushin-ka

Since: 05-02-02

Since last post: 7938 days
Last activity: 7971 days
Posted on 05-18-02 02:08 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
18sai kokosei? I knew you couldn't be in college(I know from painful personal experience you wouldn't have all the time to do all of this crap and go to a university). Granted I shouldn't be saying anything (I'm only seven months out of jail-baitdom myself), but it makes me wonder--what have I been doing with the time, I could be as far in this programming game as you are. Maybe it's because my the first computer that entered my house was right when I left for college(a expensive[for them] going away gift). Or maybe that I was 16 when the school first got a computer and I turned it on and started typing with something other than the typewriter. (I'm not ashamed to admit that my school is the poorest in NC, and that they ended up sueing the NC school system, and some high-school in Raleigh can't afford a extravagant band program as a result of it)

But...sasami is deffinetly a girl, look at the site design, there's a rabbit running for a carrot. She's either a girl, or wierd. ...and I would be pulling out my big book of cracks on homosexuals for any ocasion.

(edited by Kyokushin-ka on 05-17-02 09:12 PM)
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 05-18-02 03:06 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
THATS NOT A RABBIT! That's ryochan from tenchi muyo, she's a cabbit.
Doomcraft

Since: 04-28-02

Since last post: 7970 days
Last activity: 7959 days
Posted on 05-18-02 11:21 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
The program seems very good, i'll download it for sure if it gets released but it's up to you to think about the advantages and consequences of its release.
As for Sasami's gender, erm, i have nothing to say about it...

--------------------
And once again our friend, and semi-hero posts again....

Kyokushin-ka

Since: 05-02-02

Since last post: 7938 days
Last activity: 7971 days
Posted on 05-18-02 04:37 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
rabbit cabbit whatever, it's not like I ever saw an episode of tenchi muyo in my life anyway
ArcticWoLf

Since: 05-20-02

Since last post: 8003 days
Last activity: 7977 days
Posted on 05-20-02 10:46 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Hmmmm the description of your program sounds like WPE. Anyway it would be nice if the userbility is better than WPE. Anyway what did you use to develop your program? VB? C++?

Btw.. Sasami is only 18!?!?!?!?!?!?!? and she's already so good with reverse engineering already? I just wanna know when you started or got involve with Reverse Engineering? Looks like I got a lot of catching up 2 do..
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 05-20-02 01:30 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Well, I played my first computer game at 3, I've been using computers a lot deeper since the age of 5, started programming at 8, and I started hacking at 10. Although I only hacked for about 3 years, I decided to stop it and never start again... Around January of this year, I saw the first external exp viewer and i was happy b/c I was aggrivated that gravity took out the showing of the exp numbers in the game. On the next patch... it didn't work and there were no others, so I decided to build my own. Shortly after I noticed Arsenic's programs, and it got me thinking about doing internal to the game programs. That Friday night I started playing with it, and pretty much after a weekend of playing around I had my internal exp viewer done. At this time I didn't have the dymanic patch done, that came a few weeks later, that's usually what takes me the longest to do. Unfortunatly I was dragged back into hacking by some people and unofficially by gravity to find holes, but I promised myself I wouldn't go past the actual game >.< I turned 18 a few months ago I'm so happy, I finally get to go off to college But everyone keeps telling me I'm gonna lose most of my free time in college O.o for some reason I kind of doubt that... but anyways... yeah.
SlymShady

Since last post: 7996 days
Last activity: 7996 days
Posted on 05-20-02 06:43 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
dude, when youre finished your packet sniffer, you wanna post the link to downloading it here? thx
ArcticWoLf

Since: 05-20-02

Since last post: 8003 days
Last activity: 7977 days
Posted on 05-20-02 07:32 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
OMG Sasami.. you started programming when u were 8!?!?!? When I was 8 I was still playing Digger or DigDug.. or watever you called it? You started programming with what language/program?? Logo or Basic?

Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 05-21-02 12:50 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
qbasic at 8, vb at 11 c at 12... i think... why does it matter? everyone has to start sometime, i was just fortunate to be exposed to it early.
pragma7

Posted on 05-22-02 01:38 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
My father used to punish me when I was very young by makeing me type up Qbasic programs...I wrote my own first at 8 as well...I can't remember when I WASN'T playing video games....So this story doesn't sound odd to me...Only difference is I'm 20 now, I droped out of the loop for about 2 years (When I turned 18 and life stomped down on me...believe me it does). Hopefully Sasami won't go through that, since she's actually going to college . What do you plan on majoring, Computer Sciences?

Rob
Pages: 1 2 3Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - Programming/reverse engineering discussion - ICUIP 1.0 |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.025 seconds.