Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-26-24 04:21 AM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - Programming/reverse engineering discussion - ICUIP 1.0 |
Pages: 1 2 3Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 05-17-02

Since last post: 7997 days
Last activity: 7993 days
Posted on 05-22-02 02:21 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Sasami -
College is great, but keep up with your work. You get lots of free time, don't worry about that, but make sure your work ethic is solid so that lots of free time doesn't turn into tons-of-free-time-'cause-you're-not-studying...
I'm not trying to sound like a parent or anything, I just don't like seeing people make the same mistakes I did.

Kyokushin-ka -
You should watch Tenchi, it's a really funny anime

ArcticWolf -
Ahhh, DigDug
My favorite game as a kid, that and Bubble Bobble. Had 'em for my C64.

pragma7 - That tool sounds great! The intercept thing sounds quite interesting. What language are you using for it?

Anyway, off to work -_-
-Ero
pragma7

Since: 04-26-02

Since last post: 7829 days
Last activity: 7842 days
Posted on 05-23-02 06:40 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
C++... VC++ to be specific. With support from the winsock 2 libraries.

Rob
Cleff

Since: 05-19-02

Since last post: 7888 days
Last activity: 7956 days
Posted on 05-24-02 07:38 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I gonna learn C++ in the month of june
This will be the first thing related to programming hat I am gonna learn
Hopefully, I get to create something out of it

Oh yea, I have a few questions too
1. What are the programming skills you need to create a good game
2. How do you learn to find holes or weaknesses in programmes
3. How long it would take to learn all of the above ^^

--------------------
I'm sigless
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7357 days
Last activity: 7357 days
Posted on 05-24-02 01:05 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
To create a good game by yourself you need to be creative, and good at programming and envisioning things in your head.
You find holes and weaknesses in the game by thinking outside the box. You think of anything at all that you wish you could do in a game, think of how it could be done, and test it. No matter how stupid it seems, you should never just dismiss it, we are talking about gravity here
To learn all of the above... it depends on the person, their dedication, their intuitivness, their intelligence, their creativity, their previous computer knowldege, etc. I've been programming for 10 years now, but the first time I ever tried to find any weaknesses or "hack" a program was ragnarok, and it took me about a week to start and find almost every hole in the game. That's not including periods in between where I was trying to find characters of certain classes to test with
pragma7

Posted on 05-24-02 05:58 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Well, I just want to branch off what Sasami said. I'm going to say this now, and no matter how much any argues, it's true... A game (a good one) is by FAR the most difficult program to code. If you want to know what it takes to create a GOOD game, here you go... A knowledge of C++ (VC++ and DirectX if you're useing windows...which is where most games end up anyway). An average knowledge of physics, and an advanced knowledge of algebra. The ability stare at tiny letters for hours at a time and find that missing ; or } or ). Lots of mountain dew. Twinkies. and well...those are the major things....heh, as for how long it would take to learn? There's no way to really say, it all depends on the person. I started really young as well...i'm on my 12th year . Once you get the concept of programming, it really comes easy, trust me. Good luck to ya.

Rob
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 05-24-02 08:46 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Just substitute mountain due with dr. pepper
pragma7

Posted on 05-24-02 09:35 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Yeah DP's good too....Jolt used to be the best, but I can't seem to find it anymore... hehe

Rob
Erocard

Since last post: 7997 days
Last activity: 7993 days
Posted on 05-24-02 10:11 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Yes, where did my Jolt go?!
I used to buy that stuff in bulk...
Ah! They still sell it at thinkgeek, which means it's still being made!
Now, to find it locally and avoid the uber-shipping costs...
-Ero
ps: they also have JOLT ESPRESSO!! 120mg caffeine per 8.4 fl oz....yum
Cleff

Since: 05-19-02

Since last post: 7888 days
Last activity: 7956 days
Posted on 05-25-02 08:25 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
What is mountain dew, twinkies, dr.pepper and Jolt
I have no idead what they are
And BTW, thanks for the info
This is all gonna take me oh soo long

--------------------
I'm sigless
Ysuki

Since: 05-03-02

Since last post: 7913 days
Last activity: 7905 days
Posted on 05-25-02 04:21 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Mountain dew and Dr. Pepper are sodas.
Twinkies is like bread(dough, don't know) in the outside and cream in the inside.
I have no idea of Jolt is since I never heard of it.
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 05-25-02 04:50 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
jolt was one of the most caffinated soft drinks ever made, it was rumored to cause some health problems so I think it got shut down.

[edit] well, not distributed in general stores.

(edited by Sasami on 05-25-02 11:51 AM)
Doomcraft

Since: 04-28-02

Since last post: 7978 days
Last activity: 7967 days
Posted on 05-25-02 11:43 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by Cleff
I gonna learn C++ in the month of june
This will be the first thing related to programming hat I am gonna learn
Hopefully, I get to create something out of it

Oh yea, I have a few questions too
1. What are the programming skills you need to create a good game
2. How do you learn to find holes or weaknesses in programmes
3. How long it would take to learn all of the above ^^

here's a site I find very usefull, has a good tutorial and some very nice examples plus some other stuff to get started.
http://www.cplusplus.com

oh and good luck, you'll need it. <--almost evil smile

--------------------
And once again our friend, and semi-hero posts again....

Sironin

Since last post: 7932 days
Last activity: 7616 days
Posted on 05-25-02 11:49 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
quite a bit off topic, but Ryo-Ohki is actually 'supposed' to be a 'cat' in Magical Project S... (and I believe is also, amazingly, male)

On other occasions, Ryo-Ohki has been seen to be a beautiful woman, a little girl cabbit thing, and of course the standard cross between a cat and a rabbit affectionately known simply as a 'cabbit'. (but you knew that). Oh and of course the spaceship.

Yay, anime trivia ^.^
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 05-26-02 01:04 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Spinnoff shows often bastardize facts from the original series, ryoohki is a girl.
Sironin

Posted on 05-26-02 04:32 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Well of course, but it WAS funny...
SlymShady

Since last post: 8003 days
Last activity: 8003 days
Posted on 05-26-02 04:54 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
how is that funny?

--------------------
Sorry man...... No signature..........
Sironin

Posted on 05-26-02 06:52 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
What? Never seen Pretty Sammy?

eh maybe it's a girl. Still it's very hard to tell, but I was just judging from the voice acting (the evil parrot is a boy...)

Anyway the show is very amusing to watch and very well drawn ^-^
rjwebs

Since: 04-22-02

Since last post: 8002 days
Last activity: 8039 days
Posted on 05-29-02 09:12 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Heh You guys burn me big time. I mess around with it a bit and can figure it out when I want to but I never spent the time to push further into it. I only started on computers when I was 16 now I'm 21 goin on 22 soon. I gotta get my arse into college. I had life stomp down on my whenI turned 18 then again and again. and once again it does it to me.

** well back on topic I'd like to see your packet viewer editor when it comes out.

Oh yeah anyone got some good info on usuing Iris I got it running and working on some things but Its not as easy to setup as I thiought it might be.

--------------------
~RJ
Sig whats dat?
Kyokushin-ka

Since: 05-02-02

Since last post: 7946 days
Last activity: 7979 days
Posted on 05-29-02 09:11 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Yes, someone else who was old when they first saw a computer I have only ever owned a computer for year(got it when ah graduated and went off to college, now I made it through my first year yay), I still remember the first model I turned on some crapapple that was ten or so years outdated. Ironicly I think it's because of my experience with crappy computers and having to break the machine to my will that they will do this on this machine...that and my limited knowledge of electrical engineering and how it applies to electrical "memory" and so such, I think the old way of updating ROM chips was better (something only old people or people who use old things would know).

Speaking of Sasami's age and the time of year...your probably about to go off to college, it was mentioned earlier, take a comming sophmore's advice. It's a good experience to get used to living on your own for a while. However you still have to know a few things. Petty theft is common in the "open" enviroment of dorms lock all doors and make sure all of your belongings are secure. Don't take shit from your roommate I personaly wouldn't turn mine on his back if he came back to the room with a hangover. Don't be a brat to your roomate, they'll be one right back at you. Your room is your home and sanctuary, the problem is making sure everyone else knows this, don't be afraid to boot out some uninvited guests at the cost of being rude. Freshmen's personality cannot be determined when you first see them, during their first week of college, they may be the most studious person on Earth, over the weekend it all falls apart and they go on regular drinking binges, don't fall into this trap and be wary of those that do or will. Get to know your suite/hall mates don't be like me and be so aloof that you end up becomming a blaket that everyone can use when they complain about everything is wrong with the suite. However, even if you keep the attitude that "my buisness is my business and it will remain that way" or just look like someone not to be associated with people may do the former to you. If you choose to live this way, make it clear that you want to be left alone people can use you as a blanket or a scapegoat, so long as it dosn't get you into any formal trouble make it clear that you are able to break (with evidence, with mind games, or physically) them if it does, and if your not a rude ass hole people will help you and defend you if they know your in the right. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights are dangerous, there's no other way to put it. They are the biggest party nights on college campuses. If you decide to go party that's fine, remember you have to study for that exam, if you drink, don't do it in excess you have to wake up tommorrow study and eat at some time in the day. If you don't go and party remember there are many who will. If partying happens in your suite or in the rooms near you, if it's quiet, don't bother them, they may get angry it could be worse; if it's loud tell them to get their bums elsewhere or you'll narc to the RA be polite about it at first then work up, if they don't move feel free to narc. There will be loud music played all night long in the rooms above below next door(you can tell them to turn it down, don't be rude about it at first), and three-seven doors down. People will come back at night, some not on their own two legs, drunk and screaming for no apparrant reason at three in the morning. You will find that there is a level of drunk where no talking, reasoning, screaming, or beating will get through their thick sculls. You should have the patiance to let them do as they will and go about your business, but I nor several other people who are trying to sleep will probably cry if the impudent fool is clobbered till' he stops thinking consious thoughts. This may happen be warned, or it may be the university I go to. This view of drunk people has made me very apathetic about their concerns, if I see a drunk passed out on the ground face-up, I'll probably kick gravel in their face as I watch them choke to death on their own vomit. Sad, yes, but the only purpose of drunks seems to be to make my life miserable.
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 05-29-02 11:57 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
heh, thansk for all that i have no idea what to REALLY expect, but i'll just take it as it comes.
Pages: 1 2 3Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - Programming/reverse engineering discussion - ICUIP 1.0 |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.016 seconds.