Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-26-24 08:56 PM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - Exp Viewer Discussion - Questions- mainly, how do I fix what was broken? |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 05-18-02

Since last post: 8014 days
Last activity: 8014 days
Posted on 05-18-02 02:15 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Pardon my being short, but I'm irritated, to say the least.

But, if your programs have never harmed anyone, then answer me these-

Why is it that after installing your program and patching mine, RO tried to crash (I have anti-crashing software) while loading the game data? And why, after that, did my Alt+V not open a window, but cause RO to immediately crash?

Why is it that, though you said it didn't work with the "latest patch", you didn't mention which one that was, and whether or not you fixed it? (It's extremely unclear. I didn't even know there were patch complications until I was looking for how to fix what was broken)

And why, oh, why is it that even after uninstalling, reinstalling, deleting, patching, re-patching, etc, so on and so forth, is RO unable to connect to the patch server despite all reports (i.e. pak0) that all servers are up and ready?

.....and how are you going to help me fix it?

A prompt reply would greatly soothe my pissed-off-ed-ness... I'm sorry for being so snappy, really, but RO is broken, I've tried to post this 3 times now, but it just now went through... and I don't know how to fix RO.

Irritated regards,
Eko-mane
eko_mane@hotmail.com

--------------------
ee

(edited by Kheili on 05-17-02 09:17 PM)
Ecthelion de la Fontaine

Since: 04-25-02

Since last post: 7994 days
Last activity: 7870 days
Posted on 05-18-02 03:09 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Perhaps I might shed some light.

'Latest patch' really does mean the latest patch, and were the program to be fixed there would be an update which mentioned that.

'and how are you going to help me fix it?'

What? Since when has facilitating connecting to the patch server become the responsibility of anyone here? If you can't connect, you might want to look for other *ahem* resources which might be of help to you.

If RO is broken, ask the ones who are responsible for it.

Gravity.
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7358 days
Last activity: 7358 days
Posted on 05-18-02 03:24 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Sorry to be kurt, but my programs don't harm anyone, the users stupidity is what hurts them usually.

it crashed because the exp viewer doesn't work with the latest patch of RO. Version 1.0 had a 42 patch streak, version 1.1/1.1.1 had a 15 patch streak, every now and then gravity changes the exe in a way that corrupts my dynamic offset protocols, in which case I have to release a new version that fixes that problem and will now work with that change if they make it again. I was going to update it tonight, so far i've been stuck on chaos talking to people, hard to get away when in a good chat, and doing things for other people. I was about to go make myself some dinner and then update it and release the new version, but quite frankly, when people yell at me for things that arn't my fault, it ticks me off and makes me not want to work.

I had announced on the main page that it doesn't work with the latest patch, which rarely happens, and I will add it to the programs page also just in case so everyone sees it.

Theres no way I can predict what gravity changes in the next exe and sometimes it messes up my program, and there is no way i can announce to everyone it doesnt't work b/c I can't get pak0 to support me or let me post anything.

it is simple to fix, delete the ragexe.exe, revert your patch ini back to 108 and let it download the latest patch, the patch server working has nothing to do with my program, it goes down a lot, and the "watch" sites don't always report it.

It is not my job to help people like you fix problems you create. I do it out of the kindness of my heart, if you tried demanding anything from me again like how you did here, you would be banned on the spot.
Erocard

Since: 05-17-02

Since last post: 7998 days
Last activity: 7994 days
Posted on 05-18-02 04:55 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by Kheili
Pardon my being short, but I'm irritated, to say the least.

But, if your programs have never harmed anyone, then answer me these-

Why is it that after installing your program and patching mine, RO tried to crash (I have anti-crashing software) while loading the game data? And why, after that, did my Alt+V not open a window, but cause RO to immediately crash?

Why is it that, though you said it didn't work with the "latest patch", you didn't mention which one that was, and whether or not you fixed it? (It's extremely unclear. I didn't even know there were patch complications until I was looking for how to fix what was broken)

And why, oh, why is it that even after uninstalling, reinstalling, deleting, patching, re-patching, etc, so on and so forth, is RO unable to connect to the patch server despite all reports (i.e. pak0) that all servers are up and ready?

.....and how are you going to help me fix it?

A prompt reply would greatly soothe my pissed-off-ed-ness... I'm sorry for being so snappy, really, but RO is broken, I've tried to post this 3 times now, but it just now went through... and I don't know how to fix RO.

Irritated regards,
Eko-mane
eko_mane@hotmail.com

Wow, man, lay off the Red Bull.
Didn't your mother ever tell you to back up anything you patch with a 3rd party app? Then all you'd've had to do is drop the original ragexe.exe back into the RO base folder and everything would have been back to square one. But no, you had to go and frustrate *yourself* with the ritual of uninstalling, reinstalling, and patching because you were too hasty to make a backup of one file. Which leads me to the conclusion that you're impatient as well...
Oh, and for the patch server? (login, too!) It's had a few problems today. RO SV Watch's new history thing is great.
Man, people like you really get on my nerves. Someone busts ass to help people out and all you can do is bitch bitch bitch that it's not working, and that someone should fix it for you, lest you get your precious hands dirty.
/pk Eko-mane
-Ero
Noiboi

Since: 04-17-02

Since last post: 7994 days
Last activity: 7919 days
Posted on 05-18-02 10:17 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
If you can't connect to the patch server it has nothing to do with the exp viewer. Since the patch server is Ragnarok.exe and the exp viewer changes Ragexe.exe it has no effect on it at all. Well, that is unless you patched the wrong file in which case its your fault.
SlymShady

Since: 05-17-02

Since last post: 8004 days
Last activity: 8004 days
Posted on 05-18-02 07:32 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Sasami's program isnt gonna harm you......... Although there might be some errors because of gravity updating so constantly, therefore causing some of the program not to work with different patches.......... Some of the programs are glitches, so once the glitches gets fixed, the program wont work~
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - Exp Viewer Discussion - Questions- mainly, how do I fix what was broken? |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.012 seconds.