Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
05-01-24 10:52 PM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Another RO Site Bites The Dust |
Pages: 1 2Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 04-09-02

Since last post: 7745 days
Last activity: 7497 days
Posted on 05-20-02 02:45 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Well I've worked at 7-Eleven, and now I work at Wendy's, and from both experiences I've come to realize that everyone seems to be in a "fast-food" state of mind when it comes to virtually EVERYTHING. Everyone wants something, and they want it right now--food, games, career, love, etc. Nobody knows how to wait for anything anymore, and it's completely disgusting. I mean, do we want it now and risk the chance that the person making what we want does a piss-poor job with it so we're even MORE disappointed, or do we take the time to wait for it in hopes that it comes out better than anything else? I'd rather wait a hundred years for a good thing than 100 seconds for a bad thing.

--------------------
Makoto

Since: 02-19-02

Since last post: 7772 days
Last activity: 7759 days
Posted on 05-20-02 01:20 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by Quanta
Well I've worked at 7-Eleven, and now I work at Wendy's, and from both experiences I've come to realize that everyone seems to be in a "fast-food" state of mind when it comes to virtually EVERYTHING. Everyone wants something, and they want it right now--food, games, career, love, etc. Nobody knows how to wait for anything anymore, and it's completely disgusting. I mean, do we want it now and risk the chance that the person making what we want does a piss-poor job with it so we're even MORE disappointed, or do we take the time to wait for it in hopes that it comes out better than anything else? I'd rather wait a hundred years for a good thing than 100 seconds for a bad thing.

a very true post
some of us can still wait, well, i cant usually wait for food, but thats cos i sit here on my comp till im nearly starving, lol
i can wait for games tho , as long as i can find SOMTHING to do i really dont mind, and i almost always can find somthing to do
career.... well i dont particulaly want one at all, id preffer just to get paid for being alive, lol
love.....

well, im a fairly laid-back sort of person, i find life less stressful that way
of course, im less likly to get things done... some might call me lazy, heh

EDIT: oh, i also agree with you nemesis , you both have good points

this forums become a sort of place for the different, but nice people of the community (altho there are a few lamers in here, but they just get laughd at, lol)
Sasami rules

(edited by Makoto on 05-20-02 08:30 AM)
nemesisjk8

Since: 05-20-02

Since last post: 8016 days
Last activity: 7957 days
Posted on 05-21-02 02:06 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I'm glad that there is actually a community of people who seem to see mine and others points about Gravity and whatnot. And I like Sasami too from what I've read. She seems really nice and intelligent.

Nemesis

--------------------
"To see the world in a grain of sand,
And heavens in a wildflower;
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour."
lost_entity

Since: 05-22-02

Since last post: 8015 days
Last activity: 8014 days
Posted on 05-22-02 03:39 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
after reading what I have read, Quanta had quite obvious opinions. I have spoke about them before I read quanta's post, Joe's being bitchy.

Anyhow, IMO, I think over reacting is too small of a word. He has quit like 5-7 times before. He comes back like if nothing hapenned. I mean, why is he god. He has a god database? Easy, go visit Korean/Japan fansite and get info. I can get any info I want anytime, so I can't really be that bad with JTD (joe the dude). At first, he was a good guy. Or so I tought. He made beta maps, and had good info. Now comes his worst trait, vanity, ego whatever you call it. He needs to control it, he's not god. His name is copyrighted, but in game it isn't. If it was, then many people would be sued for using anime names. Relaz, joe. Nothing worst but breaking a temper because you're too slow to secure yourself a name.

I still don't see why he's the cool guy. On merchantguild.net (which I know sasami has disclosed the links for reasons I know why), people have even said they would stop playing RO if he doesn't come back.

Bleh,

He's just a player. Not the head representant of RO players. Sad as it is, he just wants attention. I know nothing but that. I don't need to comment more on this or on Sasami, because I've already been bashed by few ppl, saying I was from MG.net (Merchant Guild). I leave my words on that, and I say many thanks to Quanta, lightening up many people.

~Lost Entity,

Trusthworthy merchant of the Merchant Guild.

PS: Here's few stuff about gravity that I gto from cheoki.

I think I need to clarify things here.

I’m going to bash, maybe…. I can’t be sure how people take it… SO YOU ARE WARNED.

Good….
Anyway…. This is what I say about gravity:

True, they have problems, but all is not to blame to them. I think by now people thinks that I’m a wuss that protects Gravity from all blame. Keep on reading.

Situation over RO-ENG:

They spend way, but WAY more time and money then expected trying to debug stupid hackers. Why didn’t they just put the anti-hack scanner? I’m still looking into it.

Interest. The POI (point of interest) in RO-ENG was to make it a well-known product with power. They chose, in target, North American people knowing they are addicted gamers. Now, there was a hesitation. Maybe a huge one. Why? Its all because of a one mistake that a game did. There was an extremely well done MMORPG also known under legends, which made a hit at Korea. Somehow, the marketing didn’t go well at USA. Now, Gravity, knowing that this is their first online game and second game developing, has decided that they will go with English first to see how it is. Alpha went well, it was pretty popular, server were stable and people enjoyed, without hacks. Now, BETA came. This is where things came down. It seems RO had way more player then intended, coming in waves. They managed to arrange a bit the servers, but problems still persisted. Lammers came, hacking into oblivion RO. The link between Korean and ENG situation for hacks is totally different, so I can’t say much (unless I want to look like JTD). There is also other problems that came in: The Coding. As stupid as it may seem, the programmers had certain difficulties handling the program. Why? Because they bought the code/program. Simple. They still have certain difficulties.

It’s also easy to recognize, Gravity has a lot of problems and Korean seems problem free. Why do you think they concentrate more on Korean/JP? Marketing. They need a good way to make moolah, so they decided that closer countries are easier, but WAY easier, to get access. They have already made huge hits at cafes (paying pre-installed comps with RO on it). They make big marketing, doing interviews and all such stuff. It is a matter of time before they decide one move on ENG.

There’s a million others reason, like the spreading of people over ENG servers and etc… I think that what I say is useless, because I can still hear people saying: “well… there’s this and that”. I can’t take it anymore. Go find your own reason. Why are you still playing RO? Its not yours as I see it. Think before saying, I would like to say.

I don’t think I have anything else to say, I’m too tired/angry to tell anything positive.

(edited by lost_entity on 05-21-02 10:41 PM)
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7363 days
Last activity: 7363 days
Posted on 05-22-02 03:56 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
There where hacks in alpha as a matter of fact, but the game was much easier and the community was completly different so they didn't spread very rapdily. The Korean beta servers also actually got to a point worse than the English servers ever got because of hacking, and Gravity eventually had to do a reset. They have eliminated the hacking for the most part on the korean servers, but the japanese and american servers are very vulnerable. The japanese culture doesn't really go the way of cheating, so it isn't a problem there, but around the rest of the world, it's a big problem, but gravity honestly doesn't care if people use hacks right now.
dark warlord

Since: 05-25-02

Since last post: 8012 days
Last activity: 7972 days
Posted on 05-25-02 08:45 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I do miss the Alpha days.

Meeting GuGuK for the first time when only 27 users were online. :{

The good days.

I still have a lot of my alpha images.
Pages: 1 2Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Another RO Site Bites The Dust |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.012 seconds.