User

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7363 days
Last activity: 7363 days
Posted on 05-21-02 12:57 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by Quanta
1. Koreans have more respect for their community than English people have for theirs.

2. nProtect is a Korean-only security program that needs to be ported to other languages in order to work.

3. English is significantly different to Korean, so it takes time.

I heard some korean RO servers are worse than the english servers... or at least used to be until hack protection...

The Japanese servers however are great.
Chibi-Bar

Since: 04-16-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7455 days
Last activity: 7412 days
Posted on 05-21-02 01:13 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
well.. I'm not sure what type of programming code they are using.. but personally if I was going to make it multilanguage code.. I would use someone more robust and easily transferable.. and the data information (like text for items and conversation) would be pull in unicode format.. so does not matter what language you use.. just translate the data but the game still runs on the same code...

but I have a feeling a lot are hard coded into the server side.. so they might be "translating" at least this is my person opinion.. (gathering ideas from how UO are release internationally) it can be done.. and updates are done across ALL servers internationally.. not like this "layering" patches we have been getting.

This game is different from other MMORPG I have played.. it has a great potential to be a great game... I just hope they get their act together.. or they just wasting money on the English server market

--------------------
Chibi-Bar
Your Local Merchant on Chaos/Loki
Pages: 1 2Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - ok..new hack? |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.007 seconds.