Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-28-24 09:36 AM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - this might interest you, about nprotection |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 03-25-02

Since last post: 7714 days
Last activity: 7714 days
Posted on 05-21-02 08:55 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
http://forums.ragnaroksource.com/viewtopic.php?t=2681

seems like they are working on it now. probaly as a response to the hack on the NPC.

--------------------
Elmikie, Spell artist, Path of Pearl, Stratika, keeper of guild lore and current leader of the Vezrejai mage guild.
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7360 days
Last activity: 7360 days
Posted on 05-21-02 01:55 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I'm curious to see how this will work, and how it will make it not possible to use bots b/c it's just a client patch, and bots are a seperate client, unless it tries to establish a secure connection through encyption, a knew challenge to bypass it looks like.
Tyrlan

Since: 03-16-02

Since last post: 7542 days
Last activity: 7511 days
Posted on 05-21-02 03:50 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Isn't the only real way to get rid of bots is to scan for programs running on the persons computer that whould be affecting packets/RO? I mean it's not like the bots are like the exp viewer which patches the exe. They are a seperate program which watches the packets coming in and out and reacts for those. (At least that's how I think it's done) Anyways, IF they do have a program that scans... even if it's random when it does it... it will most likly cause a bit more cpu useage/lag and people are going to start complaining about their right to privacy. If i'm wrong, please by all means say so... man I need sleep @_@;;
Chibi-Bar

Since: 04-16-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7452 days
Last activity: 7409 days
Posted on 05-21-02 04:54 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I'm guessing that it is similar to a firewall type.. it sniffs the packet.. takes the packet it receive from RO server and translate into their program.

The scanning of "other" program would never get pass the activist group like you said... cause of privacy.. they can reduce the amount of bots via encryption... but must have a way to have a key on the client side that is changable and harder to "find"

but with any encryption.. it just matter of time how long it will take to crack it..

--------------------
Chibi-Bar
Your Local Merchant on Chaos/Loki
pennylane

Since: 05-03-02

Since last post: 7997 days
Last activity: 7972 days
Posted on 05-21-02 05:15 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
about encryption.
afaik the antihackprog from the korean version, gets updated with every patch, so they could change the key with everypatch...
Noiboi

Since: 04-17-02

Since last post: 7995 days
Last activity: 7920 days
Posted on 05-21-02 07:27 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
wouldn't anything to stop bots have to be server side rather than client side?
Talien

Since: 05-08-02

Since last post: 7981 days
Last activity: 7981 days
Posted on 05-22-02 04:54 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
In the long term, yes, they'd need a server side fix for it to be permanent. Anything client side is just temporary since it can be bypassed if someone takes the time to poke around and see what makes it tick.
Sabbath

Since: 05-18-02

Since last post: 8010 days
Last activity: 8000 days
Posted on 05-23-02 02:05 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Umm. if anyone plays sakray. When you start the client it scans for hacks and does the nprotect thing....
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - this might interest you, about nprotection |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.015 seconds.