Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-28-24 02:59 PM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - My own little hello thread *shrug* |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 05-23-02

Since last post: 8001 days
Last activity: 7817 days
Posted on 05-25-02 07:12 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Well, um, hi. Bit late, this.

*scratches head*

Well, I'm Darkwater, and that's really the only name you'll get out of me. It's a literal translation of some part of my real name. I don't use this name on many boards, but if you pay attention you could find out the name I use more often.

Well, I'm not exactly a programmer/hacker, but I love games and I'm intensely curious. Thanks to this curiousity and a very good sense of observation, I've become something of an expert on general theory of any given field. I can figure out how most stuff works with observation and a small amount of information.

For instance, at first I was mystified about bots, since I had only had experience with things like Arsenic's LastPoint and such. I thought the bot merely applied a patch or controlled the Ragnarok client. Once I learned the bot acted like a client itself, I was able to figure it out better. However, I'm occasionally tempted to find one and use it for a few minutes to get a better idea of its function. Of course, my personal ethics won't allow that.

This general knowledge without specialization means I'm almost never witness to a conversation I'm completely lost to. Automotive mechanics is one topic I know next to nothing about. For most of the rest, I can understand about half and guess at the rest.

This might be considered spam and useless, so go ahead and delete it if you like, Lady Sasami.
Tillumni Sephirotica

Since: 03-25-02

Since last post: 7715 days
Last activity: 7715 days
Posted on 05-25-02 11:00 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
welcome to the forum, I'm sure you can be a welcomed additong to any discousions in here, atleast better then me, I kmow nothing about programming.

--------------------
Elmikie, Spell artist, Path of Pearl, Stratika, keeper of guild lore and current leader of the Vezrejai mage guild.
Makoto

Since: 02-19-02

Since last post: 7768 days
Last activity: 7755 days
Posted on 05-25-02 11:37 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
hello darkwater
cool, i do what you say to an extent myself, observe things cos i have a natural curiosity, and find stuff out about it
dont know much about automotive mechanics either, heh, but my cousin does, hehe, maybe i should talk to him about it, but im not very interested in cars
oh, btw, your name reminded me of an old kids programme... anyone remember pirates of darkwater? (if your younger then 22 your unlikely to know, im only 20 but i only know from an older friend, heh)
have fun all
DaiSHi

Since: 05-03-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7360 days
Last activity: 7360 days
Posted on 05-26-02 09:02 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
welcome!, i'm the same way, but my dad's shown me a decent amount of automotive maintenence (sp?), so i'm not totally in the dark... if ur really curious, u could try the try2hack challence in the other thread. i've learned a great deal that i never imagined...

--------------------
Loki: DaiSHi, H.O.L.Y.Merchant, Robbin'Hood
47/34 swordman, 23/17 merc, 35/25 Thief
ParA

Since: 05-25-02

Since last post: 7556 days
Last activity: 7812 days
Posted on 05-26-02 09:17 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
such an fancy entrance may i say lol

--------------------
I shall not be denied.
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7360 days
Last activity: 7360 days
Posted on 05-27-02 12:56 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
what's a spark plug? >.<
pirates of dark water... I'm only 18 and I remember that, they repeated it on CN 10 years back i think.
ParA

Since: 05-25-02

Since last post: 7556 days
Last activity: 7812 days
Posted on 05-27-02 01:06 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
sparkplug...... something used in mechanics? i think it was used to ignite something..... i forgot...

--------------------
I shall not be denied.
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - My own little hello thread *shrug* |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.008 seconds.