Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
05-01-24 03:21 PM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - The Future of RO |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 03-16-02

Since last post: 7546 days
Last activity: 7514 days
Posted on 05-26-02 12:24 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Well after reading a few E3 interviews, the future of RO looks better. Only problem... none of the solutions are soon. Most things will come in Beta2 and when the game goes gold.

Here's a good source of what's to come:
http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2002/1512.html

Things to note:
Messageing Ingame people while your not in game. This if done right will finally answer thousands of gamers pleads.
chinese server: Trying to get the thais and other asians off the US server to "get rid of the lag"
"the entire GUI would be language specific, encouraging players to play on their native servers." Isn't this what we have right now?
Character alinment and Status: I have mixed feelings on this. It chould be great... but then again it could be awful. Like mercs that sell reds at 161z arn't going to have their alignment reduced... it's only going to be affected by kill/stealing/PvP combat. Oh yea and everyone will be able to see your alignment chart
Second Jobs: "These prestigious jobs can only be gained once the player character has reached a base class of level 99. " This just sucks :-( Us poor Mercs will not be blacksmiths for a long long time(even with the new exp system).... I've heard that the first blacksmith in the korean server isn't expected to appear for another month!

Well anyways looks like a lot of cool things that will happen... but well it only restates my opinion that this game is still alpha. I've never seen any other beta in the dozen's i've helped with (even MMOG's) have soo little of the final produce in it.
Doomcraft

Since: 04-28-02

Since last post: 7984 days
Last activity: 7972 days
Posted on 05-26-02 12:50 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
base lvl 99????
are they crazy? dont they know it's almost impossible for a merchant to reach it?

this is just too much, if this becomes true I think I can kiss my blacksmith goodbye. *sigh*

*goes to sleep*

--------------------
And once again our friend, and semi-hero posts again....

Tyrlan

Since: 03-16-02

Since last post: 7546 days
Last activity: 7514 days
Posted on 05-26-02 01:04 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Ohhh okay I found some more info... just for those that didn't know Gravity set up a beta2 section on the website. *drools more*

Also Blacksmiths are getting jacked again... They have 3 skills (All of these should be maxed if you want to lvl at a good rate)(I also see 2 unlisted skills) AND then they have to work on smithing skills.(19points left after the 3 main skills) Also smithing is based on type of wep... IE you have a different smithing skill for each wep. There are 5 different smithing skills listed on gravity's website. 5 skills, 19 points.... ;; Us poor mercs...
Not to mention archers(my other fav class) 10 different trap types to put skills into.

Anyways, it looks like players will be able to change status of other players (ie scamming mercs) and the lowest 5% will have their names changed to Red.

"On the opposite side, The player who gets Plus Points the most will receive every various preferential treatments.
(i.e:Guild organization etc.)
And we prepared some rules to prevent improper use of Alignment System.
Players cannot spend Alignment Points more than one a day and cannot judge a particular account(Not Character) more than one time. .
Likewise,all names who judged others will be recorded so players can read names of the other players who give both of Plus/Minus Points any time"

At least this will hopefully prevent hackers from misusing this system.

Basicly this all comes down to the fact that it looks like beta2 will have a severe lack of skill points to go around. (add in the fact that your limited to 3 chars per account)

Edit: forgot link
http://enweb.ragnarokonline.com/r_update.htm

(edited by Tyrlan on 05-25-02 08:08 PM)
Doomcraft

Since: 04-28-02

Since last post: 7984 days
Last activity: 7972 days
Posted on 05-26-02 01:14 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
if merchant is the class that takes more time to lvl up and gain points why does gravity insist in having them to spent all those points?
they should add other ways of leveling up merchants, it's just too hard this way.
on another note, smithing seems very cool.

--------------------
And once again our friend, and semi-hero posts again....

Valgis

Since: 05-14-02

Since last post: 8004 days
Last activity: 7556 days
Posted on 05-26-02 04:32 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Those Knights and Assiasins probulary to be looks the best except for the wizard...
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - The Future of RO |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.01 seconds.