Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-29-24 09:15 AM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Compensation? (event from the 28th to the 1st) |
Pages: 1 2Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 05-03-02

Since last post: 7981 days
Last activity: 7881 days
Posted on 05-27-02 11:35 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Loki announcement:
EnglishGM: Hello this is Ragnarok Online Operation Team.
EnglishGM: We are going to open an event
EnglishGM: which monster troops invade every town in every radom hours
EnglishGM: and radome days
EnglishGM: The event period will be from May 28 to June 1.
EnglishGM: Applicable monsters in this event are Baphomet and
EnglishGM: Golden theif bug.
EnglishGM: Also we make rules of this event radome.
EnglishGM: (Appointed town/frequencies/numbers of monsters)
EnglishGM: And we suggest Merchant players to be fully aware of
EnglishGM: this event
EnglishGM: so we hope those won't be damaged by this event.
EnglishGM: Thank you for your cooperation.

oo, niftiness. Now we too can have crazy screens of baphos in town! I just hope I can get at least one mvp without a horde of mages running in and making my pots expenditure effectively useless

· Raveus
pennylane

Since last post: 7998 days
Last activity: 7973 days
Posted on 05-27-02 01:09 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Just go to Alberta and camp there....
Dont think any Mage will wait in Alberta (not enough tankers...)
Ecthelion de la Fontaine

Since: 04-25-02

Since last post: 7997 days
Last activity: 7873 days
Posted on 05-27-02 04:09 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I see dead novices

Also imagine this: You die somewhere out there(due to lag, etc) and spawn right in the middle of the town square, and look who's there to welcome you! Baphie!!!

And then you start dying and spawning and dying all over again...

Another vicious cycle...
Talien

Since: 05-08-02

Since last post: 7982 days
Last activity: 7982 days
Posted on 05-27-02 11:15 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Now this is going to be fun.....thought I wish it was more than just Baphomet and Goldie, why not throw in Dopp and the Orc Hero too?

--------------------

Member of Prontera Parish
Mental Atrophy

Since: 05-14-02

Since last post: 7998 days
Last activity: 7948 days
Posted on 05-27-02 11:20 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
they're putting in the 2 that take the longest time to kill i guess. Osiris would take a while with those 14000hp, if he wasnt weak against almost everything.
Kyokushin-ka

Since: 05-02-02

Since last post: 7949 days
Posted on 05-27-02 11:45 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Ahh, the day ship over, I won't see it.
DaiSHi

Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7361 days
Last activity: 7361 days
Posted on 05-27-02 11:53 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
whoa, this is for real? this should be fun... =)

--------------------
Loki: DaiSHi, H.O.L.Y.Merchant, Robbin'Hood
47/34 swordman, 23/17 merc, 35/25 Thief
Tyrlan

Since: 03-16-02

Since last post: 7543 days
Last activity: 7512 days
Posted on 05-28-02 05:06 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
This is actully really sad.... everyone just kills/ks/loots/sometimes talks like normal... and then on the hour every hour there's an invasion of 200 people that all sit in the town square hoping for the boss. While I got some nice screen shots of the lines people made, I can't help but think "This is really sad" I see how fun this chould be... but well with this many people it seems to be more of a lag week then a party and gangbang boss week. The only positive I can give is that with this many people even noob's can get mvp... oh wait.... that isn't a positive.

Anyways, I think the fun is lost to me because of one simple fact: You arn't going to spawn on Bapho.... because he'll be dead within a min of spawning, just like in the hidden caves. I heard they only loaded 3-5 per "attack" What they really need to do to make it fun is 1 tweak his stats so he lasts longer or kills faster, 2 pop in about 20 of them, 3: Put in a new boss that nobody has fought before that is JUST for invasions.(best thing they could have done)
ParA

Since: 05-25-02

Since last post: 7557 days
Last activity: 7813 days
Posted on 05-28-02 05:16 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
only bapho and goldie will come..... goldie attacked morroc and bapho attacked izlude today.

--------------------
I shall not be denied.
Darkwater

Since: 05-23-02

Since last post: 8001 days
Last activity: 7818 days
Posted on 05-28-02 02:26 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I was in Izlude near the end of the attack, and I think I remember seeing about five Baphs and seven goldies on screen at once. Of course, the players did the "Mongolian Hordes" technique to wipe 'em out, just swarming all over, mindless of who died.

Of course, I was just lying there on the ground. If I couldn't handle one Baph at level 25 on Chaos, there was no way I could take three at level 15 on Loki. =/

Odd thing. After the invasion was apparently defeated, I was still lying there and several people asked how I died.

"I ran out of HP. That's usually how one dies, isn't it?"

Of course, the fields are a bit clearer at the moment. I don't have half a hope of getting MVP, so I'll just level normally.
Raveus

Posted on 05-28-02 10:04 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I dunno if baph has attacked loki pront at all, but since my merchant is still selling just fine on my second comp in the center square, I'm guessing not. If so... then I'm kinda disappointed. I was hoping for hordes of baphs and goldies that would actually clear out the towns for at least 10 minutes if not half an hour each time they attacked. If it's just 3 or 4... as impressive as baph is, that's just not quite enough. Oh well, I shouldn't complain, it's cool that we're getting anything... but something more dramatic would still be fun

· Raveus
Sironin

Since: 05-17-02

Since last post: 7935 days
Last activity: 7619 days
Posted on 05-28-02 10:47 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
meh, I'm not going to have time to sit around in a town all day waiting for monsters that may or may not come... I have to make up all those levels I lost on my characters. Then I have to try to make up the time I lost making up for the time I lost... ~_~
Raveus

Posted on 05-29-02 02:28 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by Sironin
meh, I'm not going to have time to sit around in a town all day waiting for monsters that may or may not come... I have to make up all those levels I lost on my characters. Then I have to try to make up the time I lost making up for the time I lost... ~_~

Heh, I don't have any chars on loki atm that would have a reasonable chance at killing bapho, much less getting a mvp, as it is anyway, and I don't feel like wasting the time on chaos. I was more hoping in part to (a) mess around once or twice at the most and (b) get some good leveling in while hopefully everyone else was trying to find baphos

· Raveus
Kyokushin-ka

Since: 05-02-02

Since last post: 7949 days
Posted on 05-29-02 04:42 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Mongolian Horde--there is no smilie that can describe the absolute hilarity of that description of how bosses are killed. They really need to put something in that adds a bit of "mortality" to the game, just to discourage people from running around like idiots killing as much as they can until they die then respawn (I now know why such a "degenerative" word was used to describe the process) and repeat.

heh heh heh...mongolian horde.
Walw

Since: 05-28-02

Since last post: 8003 days
Last activity: 7995 days
Posted on 05-31-02 05:40 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Towns get extremely laggy now.
I'm pretty sure there are a lot of high lvl parties that have one party member camping in each city. Everytime a monster comes, the town gets flooded with players, and I always lag out

I have a few party members, they're not that high in lvl, but they did MVP goldie the first and only time they've seen it so far. They were only lvl 45 and lvl 38 swordies. But I did hear rumors that it's the "Korean" goldie, that it was aggro and tougher

--------------------
FEAR THE MERX -2097
DaiSHi

Since last post: 7361 days
Last activity: 7361 days
Posted on 05-31-02 05:48 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
well..the name seems to not be normal characters, and it is aggro from what i heard and saw

--------------------
Loki: DaiSHi, H.O.L.Y.Merchant, Robbin'Hood
47/34 swordman, OC merc, 36/26 Thief
Sironin

Since: 05-17-02

Since last post: 7935 days
Last activity: 7619 days
Posted on 05-31-02 06:43 AMQuote | Edit | Delete

If I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure the Golden Bug is normally aggressive... (having had it crawl up and thwack me before...)
Ysuki

Since last post: 7917 days
Last activity: 7908 days
Posted on 05-31-02 08:00 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
The English Gold bug isn't aggressive. But the Korean one was.
MingShun

Since: 05-10-02

Since last post: 7409 days
Last activity: 7409 days
Posted on 06-01-02 02:37 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
You know how nonaggro monsters sometimes respawn and attack you? Does the same thing happen with aggro monsters?

--------------------
I'm an archer, and an acolyte. Wish I could change between characters while in game.
Ecthelion de la Fontaine

Since: 04-25-02

Since last post: 7997 days
Last activity: 7873 days
Posted on 06-01-02 02:51 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Well personally, and I can't be sure of this really, I think that aggro monsters always attack you whether or not they've just spawned.

Pages: 1 2Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Compensation? (event from the 28th to the 1st) |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.017 seconds.