Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
05-03-24 04:02 AM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - date of beta 2 release?? |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Cake Freak

Since: 05-29-02

Since last post: 8009 days
Last activity: 8008 days
Posted on 05-29-02 10:30 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
cake is good

anyone know when ragnarokonline beta 2 is coming out??
the exact or aproximate date?

does anyone know if we will keep our character for beta2??
are they going to erase our character after putting beta 2 up???

does anyone love cake??
if so, what kind of cake??
do u get fat after eating cake??

--------------------
ummm.....cake.....ummm......sex....no i mean cake...
ParA

Since: 05-25-02

Since last post: 7561 days
Last activity: 7817 days
Posted on 05-29-02 10:41 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
This is what I've heard concerning Beta 2.

Gravity say Beta 2 will be only available on the Sakray server. And the Sakray server is a closed beta server, meaning only some people will be chosen to play Beta 2. Chaos and Loki will stay at Beta 1. This way, no one gets their character erased I believe.

Some other information I've heard is that instead of Beta 2 being only released on Sakray server and having a seperate server for Beta 2, Loki and Chaos will also support Beta 2 but this is not confirmed. There has been no confirmation from Gravity to support this unlike the first paragraph which Christy announced herself. Also there will be a chance that Gravity will do a database wipe (rumour) to rebalance everything. Another rumour says that we keep our characters.

So in other words.... rumour has it.....

--------------------
I shall not be denied.
Sironin

Since: 05-17-02

Since last post: 7939 days
Last activity: 7623 days
Posted on 05-29-02 11:11 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
well rather than dig around for rumors and simply repeat them, let me analyze a little history of what has been going on and predict what will happen.

Here's a few things that we should all basically know by now.

Sakray (however you wish to pronounce/spell it) has been reset/wiped at least once.

Sakray is native Korean.

I believe there are also two other Korean servers (can I get this confirmed?) that have not been repeatedly reset/wiped similiar to the loki/chaos setup.

Now there are also three Japanese servers, Loki/Chaos/ and Iris?? I don't know what Iris is for currently..

English Beta currently only has two servers, Loki and Chaos

What I suspect will happen is that the closed Korean beta2 will occur only on Sakray to get out the fatal errors (such as program faults, memory problems, and other serious gameplay halting errors). Things that SERIOUS betatesters are needed for and where direct input from the players is very very important. That's why the betatest is closed, the players are pretty much handpicked and it's only on one server.

What I'm guessing will happen next is a patch will be released to update the two other korean servers (if they do in fact exist, which I'm assuming they do because it would probably upset the korean community if they had nothing to test for the month or two of closed testing..) and the beta2 expanded. After this patch is released, it's likely the beta2 patch update will then be translated into japanese and a period of testing will begin again. They may or may not choose to have it on one testing server first, but I think they have the option. Then finally we will get a patch update for the english servers. It's likely we'll only have a reset/wipe if it we are unable to keep our characters for programming reasons or if we have totally corrupted our game servers. Preventive rollbacks (like the one recently seen) can usually avoid such a problem, but meh, who knows.

Anyway, I suggest these ideas as they would make sense to me as a development process if I were these people programming this type of game for several different languages. A lengthy process, but quality is important.
pennylane

Since: 05-03-02

Since last post: 8002 days
Last activity: 7977 days
Posted on 05-29-02 11:54 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Korea has lots of servers (about 10 i think....)
ParA

Posted on 05-30-02 12:02 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
actually we have alot of servers too...... its just the group name we give it...... loki as in loki servers and chaos as in chaos servers

--------------------
I shall not be denied.
Insante

Since: 03-25-02

Since last post: 7990 days
Last activity: 7942 days
Posted on 05-30-02 05:38 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I think server is the right word, even if it is a network of machines. Not sure tho.

--------------------
Get entranced.
Raveus

Since: 05-03-02

Since last post: 7985 days
Last activity: 7884 days
Posted on 05-30-02 09:53 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
The technical term is probably server-cluster for each "realm," such as loki or chaos... whether or not you could refer to each cluster as a single logical server would be debatable, I suppose. For the sake of expediency and comphrehensibility, however, it's easier to just call them each a server.

As to Beta 2... well... off the top of my head,

(a) Sakurai (or Sakray... or however it's supposed to be spelled in english ) will definitely be closed, and will definitely be getting beta 2 before any other servers.

(b) Sakurai will definitely be wiped for beta 2.

(c) Sakurai gets wiped a lot, and wipes on Sakurai have no necessary direct correlation to what might be done on the other servers, given that Sakurai is a true test server and may be wiped at any time to apprehend issues that can only be seen if the server is started over from scratch. On the other hand, this doesn't necessarily mean that the other servers wouldn't be wiped as well... but I highly doubt it, until such a time as gravity actually puts out an official statement.

(d) Gravity (or at least Christy, I don't remember exactly when) has stated that beta 2 will eventually make it's way on to the English servers... however, no dates were given as to when the transition would take place, nor information on how it would manifest.

· Whatever will actually eventually happen on ebeta, it's too early to say exactly. Gravity puts out information on what they think they will be doing, because otherwise people run around making asses of themselves about how gravity won't say anything. Obviously, circumstances can and do change, so nothing is set in stone at this point. It's somewhat ironic, first people complain about not enough info, then they complain about how this or that has changed, but "gravity said..."

Now, the /rumors/ are that we will get the hack protection program along with beta 2, whenever we do get beta 2, and there will be a wipe to accompany that, because of nProtect being in place. *shrugs* I can't recall ever seeing anything about that from gravity, either officialy or not.

· Raveus

*mutters about typos*

(edited by Raveus on 05-30-02 07:05 PM)
ParA

Posted on 05-30-02 10:30 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
theres too many questions and rumours clouding beta 2.......

--------------------
I shall not be denied.
Doomcraft

Since: 04-28-02

Since last post: 7985 days
Last activity: 7974 days
Posted on 05-31-02 12:09 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I hope beta2 comes soon, it seems so nice.
but with all the server problems I think gravity has enough trouble at their hands.
and as stated before, there are too much rumors running around to tell a precise date. personally, I hope we can mantain our characters, they've given me enough work so far. -_-

and....cake is good, when not eaten in big proportions cause your stomach might complain.

--------------------
And once again our friend, and semi-hero posts again....

Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - date of beta 2 release?? |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.016 seconds.