Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-28-24 07:02 AM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Tales from the Trenches.... |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 05-17-02

Since last post: 7934 days
Last activity: 7618 days
Posted on 05-31-02 04:36 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Two chatlogs I thought I'd share....

This takes place in the golem infested deserts near Morroc...

LAiMaN : can u kill stuff for me and let me take the items
LAiMaN : please?
Sironin : uhm no
LAiMaN : ok
Sironin : that'd be like me AGREEING to let you loot
LAiMaN : later
LAiMaN : i thought you were nice
LAiMaN : bye

It makes me wonder sometimes if these people have functioning brains...

This next chatlog comes from my tendancy to, instead of setting up 'AFK' chatrooms to set up "I am a Tentacle Monster!!! NYARRR!!!" chatrooms... Except THIS time my chatroom just said, "NYAARRR!!!!!" and I sat around to see what would happen... I just happened to be sitting two screens south of capital prontera (first desert screen)

This is what I got. (oh I'm using my merchant character, Zifnab)

(kumloaw) entered.
kumloaw : I need 10z
Zifnab : NYAARRRR!!!
kumloaw : plz give me
Zifnab : I AM TENTACLE MONSTER FEAR
ME!!!
kumloaw : ...
Zifnab : RARRR!
kumloaw : U come from
Zifnab : HENTAI LAND YOU FOOLISH MORTAL
kumloaw : Poring
kumloaw : Bye
(kumloaw) left.

After Kumloaw, I left to go get a snack.

(Dinn) entered.
(Elandru) entered.
Dinn : meow
Elandru : miao miao
Dinn : ruff ruff
(Dinn) left.
Elandru : O.o
(Elandru) left.
((~WolfwooD~)) entered.
(~WolfwooD~) : do you have a swordmace ???
((~WolfwooD~)) left.

Why do they suppose a merchant in the middle of a desert has a swordmace? I have no idea... I thought the animal noises were funny tho...
Ysuki

Since: 05-03-02

Since last post: 7915 days
Last activity: 7907 days
Posted on 05-31-02 04:54 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
How do you save chatlogs anyway. I hear peopel say their hacking but I can't get those chatlogs of them saying it.

I was tanking for my novice merchatn party and this merchant came by eaker than my party members. He did 5 times less damage but I said I was only tanking for my party no him. He kept following and keep hitting the monster which I'm tanking for my party members. I aske him nicely to go away and my party member and that merchant was in an arguement. The merchant had that filter remove and kept cursing to my party member while my friend didn't curse back since he can't curse with the filter. :p The merchant then annoyed me saying I'm a nobo because I jsut do 1 damage using fist (What did he expect from a mage tanking for my party member). There's so many idiots down there thinking that they don't allow novices with good weapons to fight. They jsut curse at you and want you to leave. People at Culvert's are so annoying.
ParA

Since: 05-25-02

Since last post: 7556 days
Last activity: 7812 days
Posted on 05-31-02 04:56 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
RO users' beavhaviours become stranger by the day.

--------------------
I shall not be denied.
Sironin

Since last post: 7934 days
Last activity: 7618 days
Posted on 05-31-02 05:12 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
you save chatlogs by typing /savechat

you can save any chatlog from inside a chatwindow, a private window message, a chatroom, etc... you just type /savechat inside it.

Note: that it only goes back so far, so save every now and then if you want complete records...
Walw

Since: 05-28-02

Since last post: 8002 days
Last activity: 7994 days
Posted on 05-31-02 05:37 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I understand all the consequences of PK, and all the on going debate about it.
But when I see beggars, scammers, and kill stealers, it really annoys me, and I wish I could smack them.

When I'm down at the mids in lvl 4, there was a novice; his name was something like Senthai_Thai or something, and he walked around to beg for 1000z for 4 hours!!!!!!! Everytime he died, he'd just camp at the place with a lot of people warping in morroc, and come right back at cha to beg.

I don't understand people spending all their time begging for 1z either. They could at least go kill porings and get jellopies in the time spent on begging.

Then there are the novices warped to the last lvl in the dungeons. They try to KS you, though they can't. After you kill the monster, they just say "loot plz"

Another incident was when I was next to the Kapra worker regening my HP/SP. Some novice comes and keeps on saying "1000z plz" and "give me money" And kept on dealing me. Everytime I pressed cancel, he'd do it again, so I eventually left.

--------------------
FEAR THE MERX -2097
Mental Atrophy

Since: 05-14-02

Since last post: 7997 days
Last activity: 7947 days
Posted on 05-31-02 06:23 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
you could just lower the deal popup off your screen until he goes away, then he couldnt deal you anymore.
Makoto

Since: 02-19-02

Since last post: 7768 days
Last activity: 7755 days
Posted on 05-31-02 10:38 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
hmmm, i was sitting here listening to 'Take A Look Around' by Limp Bizkit while reading this topic
for those of you who dont know the song, its from the mission impossible film sound track, and part of the corus words are:

now i know why you want to hate me
cos hate is all the world has even seen lately
MingShun

Since: 05-10-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7408 days
Last activity: 7408 days
Posted on 06-01-02 02:31 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Hmm, "I thought you were nice." That comment really ticks me off for some reason...

--------------------
I'm an archer, and an acolyte. Wish I could change between characters while in game.
Makoto

Since: 02-19-02

Since last post: 7768 days
Last activity: 7755 days
Posted on 06-01-02 11:53 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by MingShun
Hmm, "I thought you were nice." That comment really ticks me off for some reason...

indeed, thats because its basicly saying that your a nasty person, and if your a nice person, you generally dont like being called that much, i certainly dont anyway, considering ive been trying most of my life to be a nice person, if somone says im not its like saying ive wasted my whole life and am a complete loser....
Ysuki

Since last post: 7915 days
Last activity: 7907 days
Posted on 06-02-02 12:38 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Ditto. I try to be calm as possible and be nice as possible in the game. If I feel they dont' deserve it but they keep tryig to trade with me to get something. Then they have that alt-5 or alt-0 emoticon repeated. And it's somehow always the non-fluent English people.
Kaede_X

Since last post: 7938 days
Last activity: 7916 days
Posted on 06-04-02 01:54 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I'll never understand how people can basically say "F you" and then say "bye" right after.

--------------------
Death is the best cure for stupidity..
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7360 days
Last activity: 7360 days
Posted on 06-04-02 02:31 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
most of the people don't even think about there being a real person behind the cute pixilated characters. And if they do think about it, it is those kind of people you never see IRL because they know they would get their asses kicked if they pulled something like that in the real world, so they go to a virtual one instead.
Raveus

Since last post: 7980 days
Last activity: 7880 days
Posted on 06-04-02 02:59 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by Ysuki
Ditto. I try to be calm as possible and be nice as possible in the game. If I feel they dont' deserve it but they keep tryig to trade with me to get something. Then they have that alt-5 or alt-0 emoticon repeated. And it's somehow always the non-fluent English people.

Heh, my "annoyance" run-ins tend to be with people who aren't fluent in English. Sometimes, it's just not worth it, and you just have to walk away... others, if you keep rephrasing, and keep trying to constrain your wording to be as simple as possible, you can eventually get through. Now, I know, some people just can't handle the stress, but think of it as a learning experience in dealing with an international community, and make the most of it.

Now, however, I do have to say that the only real asses I've run into have either been bots (), or, if not necessarily fellow americans, people who certainly were fluent enough in English, in ways that a non-native speaker wouldn't be (just because someone can hardly speak english for all apparent purposes doesn't mean they aren't a native speaker ).

Sometimes I wonder if half of why I don't see many people who speak english is because all of the bots (that I've heard of, anyway) are done in english, and it's easier for them to just run bots, and fits with a certain "me me me, screw you, I gotta have it all, gotta have it now" mentality that seems to work it's way out of the woodwork in the US a lot. I'll take a somewhat rude thai player who mostly just doesn't seem to really know better over a dumbass yank running a bot any day. Even when I'm being annoyed, at least the thais actually seem to enjoy playing the game, in their own ways... at least they seem to possibly understand that there's no point getting to the "end" if the journey itself wasn't worth it... especially in something like a game, where the "end" only derives any meaning and significance, as little or as much as it might really have to some, through the "journey."

I mean, I understand writing your own bot. I even understand writing and running your own bot. It's a piece of complex work, and it can be your own way of playing the game, or freeing yourself up to chat with your friends while you advance past what to you is tedious... but you've still played the game to do it, just not a way that most people see as being playing per se, much less are capable of doing. And generally you've had as much fun or more than it would have been to play in a more normal way for you. It's just using a different set of skills than a normal "gamer" might apply. I've done it before mudding, at times, although mostly not afk (ok, I'll admit that I've left scripts running and gotten up to go to the bathroom before, but not more than that really).

What I don't understand are assholes who feel the need to distribute anything like a bot beyond their own immediate selves, nor dumbasses who would download someone else's code and run it, rather than play the game. Nor the ones who feel the need to force and find exploits to get ahead. Because what have you got, when the only value in what you've cheated for comes from the difficulty inherent in getting it normally? Sure, it might not be anything to begin with, according to some people... but then again, if you have to cheat to get something that's "worthless," then what does that make you?

*cough* that got kinda offtopic, I 'spose.

· Raveus
milkrock

Since: 05-22-02

Since last post: 7604 days
Last activity: 7604 days
Posted on 06-04-02 03:02 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
This guy kinda makes me wish that I could change my Acolytes name (which just happens to be WolfWood ) .It's terrible how many peopel like this guy exist in this game. That's not the worst part either. There are people who do this and take it to even further extremes. The general in game community really just doesn't seem to understand that they are not alone playing in this virtual world and that their actions in fact DO effect the the other characters in the game. It's not like every person who sits and asks for a hand out is bad, some of them have legit reasons for asking and not playing (for instance when i first started playing i dropped my knife and ended weaponless completely So i begged for a spare knife for an hour till someone (after strudious invistagation) decided that yeah I lost my knife and I deserve a new one. I wish the temperment system would be out already so that I could at least avoid some of these jerks out there. Just today I had this person kill steal from me because I said "no moleste" to a freind of mine during a discussion of L.A. Hotel rooms and he interpreted it as no jam. Even if that were the case what would make him think that was right?

--------------------
"Everytime I think People get as dumb as possibly their idiots scientist come up with new ways of being stupid" - Gabriel (www.penny-arcade.com)
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Tales from the Trenches.... |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.015 seconds.