Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-29-24 01:42 PM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - How Do I enable swearing? |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 06-02-02

Since last post: 8001 days
Last activity: 8001 days
Posted on 06-02-02 05:48 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I was wondering how I could enable swearing on Ragnarok. I seen people do it but I don't know how its done
Raveus

Since: 05-03-02

Since last post: 7981 days
Last activity: 7881 days
Posted on 06-02-02 10:39 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
*kicks sephi in the nuts*

you may now swear.

Seriously, I'll tell you how, because it blocks a LOT of stuff it shouldn't, but if you run around swearing in public and get banned for it (or if gravity decides to have the client report modifications using the data dir, and starts banning for it--I would, if I were them, but then again I'm a sick and twisted individual), don't come crying back here about it.

In your Ragnarok installation directory (usually C:\Program Files\Gravity\RagnarokOnline\) create a new directory called Data. Inside data, create a new text file, and rename it to manner.txt. That's it, you're done.

· Raveus
sephirothmsk

Since: 06-02-02

Since last post: 8001 days
Last activity: 8001 days
Posted on 06-02-02 11:05 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
*Gets kicked in the nuts*
Ow..... *gets some ice*
Thanks for the help, now all I can do is sit around and play RO cuz my nuts hurt lol
DaiSHi

Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7361 days
Last activity: 7361 days
Posted on 06-03-02 04:50 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
i had it done this too...but i decided that after it contributed a bit to my friend's banning, i reversed it. now, the only things i took out were the foreign characters and any versions of profanity that i would never use, such as putting *'s or -'s between letters. i just say prick instead....

--------------------
Loki: DaiSHi, H.O.L.Y.Merchant, Robbin'Hood
47/34 swordman, OC merc, 37/27 Thief
Doomcraft

Since: 04-28-02

Since last post: 7982 days
Last activity: 7970 days
Posted on 06-03-02 04:38 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
although I agree that swearing is bad I dont understand some of the restrictions gravity put on that file...like pots. *sigh*
I use common sense instead (or if that doesnt work, some profanity in my home language helps).

--------------------
And once again our friend, and semi-hero posts again....

DaiSHi

Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7361 days
Last activity: 7361 days
Posted on 06-03-02 06:58 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
i just don't like how i can't say "closer" because it has "loser" in it, "class" because of "ass", etc. there are some more i can't remember

--------------------
Loki: DaiSHi, H.O.L.Y.Merchant, Robbin'Hood
47/34 swordman, OC merc, 37/27 Thief
pragma7

Since: 04-26-02

Since last post: 7832 days
Last activity: 7845 days
Posted on 06-03-02 07:11 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Actually, you can say "ass", but not "arse"...figure that one out...

Rob
Makoto

Since: 02-19-02

Since last post: 7769 days
Last activity: 7756 days
Posted on 06-03-02 09:45 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
thats because in the english dictionary, 'arse' means your bottom and 'ass' is a type of donkey
Raveus

Since last post: 7981 days
Last activity: 7881 days
Posted on 06-04-02 01:36 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Heh, and try saying that something "is explained on the site"

There are quite a few others that the filter is too broad for, which is most of why I have it removed on this computer, although I left it in place on my secondary, so that I won't slip and say something on my merchant, although ocasionally it comes back to haunt me with stuff like that, and I get left sitting there for a few minutes trying to figure out where in hell the snag is.

well, that and I do like at least being able to say "damn" and "sucks" on my main, mostly while talking to friends. if I get banned for THAT, then I get banned... *shrugs*. When I'm adressing other ppl, the terms I tend to use are "stupid n00b," "looter," and "bot," given that they're all that I really find I need, since those tend to be the only problems I really have with people in here usually (and don't get me wrong, I have no probs with actual newbs with a little sense, just no knowledge yet; n00b has a somewhat different meaning ). And those aren't censored.... yet

· Raveus
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - How Do I enable swearing? |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.011 seconds.