04-29-24 02:27 PM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - (-_-) zzzZZ |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 05-30-02

Since last post: 7626 days
Last activity: 7665 days
Posted on 06-04-02 03:03 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
what is a good career or job in the computer field?
example: computer programmer.....etc..

i don't know what am i going to do with my life
maybe just sit around and wait until i have a stroke or something....

do u guys have any suggestions or advice for me?

i'm so bored right now

--------------------
i will die but i will take u down with me....muhahahahha

(edited by RedSn0w on 06-03-02 10:04 PM)
Raveus

Since: 05-03-02

Since last post: 7981 days
Last activity: 7881 days
Posted on 06-04-02 03:10 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
errr... it might help if you wanted to explain what your idea of a "good job" is, and why you're interested in the "computer field" in the first place... because that's an awfully broad category, really, and a lot of people have very different ideas on what makes a job good... for instance, if you're interested in salary, then don't ask me, I don't have a clue and don't even care much when it comes to that... I stick to what I enjoy, and that's not necessarily what everyone else would enjoy.

· Raveus

(edited by Raveus on 06-03-02 10:12 PM)
RedSn0w

Posted on 06-04-02 03:16 AMQuote | Edit | Delete

lol...k

post your idea of a good job or a good career and all the detail of what u want in life.

--------------------
Raveus

Since last post: 7981 days
Last activity: 7881 days
Posted on 06-04-02 03:20 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by RedSn0w

lol...k

post your idea of a good job or a good career and all the detail of what u want in life.

errr, you're the one who was asking about a good job, lol. Maybe making a list of what you like and dislike doing, and for what reasons, would help you find a track? Possibly looking at what you want to have in your life eventually, and why, and what sacrifices you'd be willing to make to get there? lol, I'm not a career counselor, don't look at me I'm just saying I can't help you, when I have no idea of the context in which you're using the word "good."

· Raveus
RedSn0w

Posted on 06-04-02 03:31 AMQuote | Edit | Delete

lol again....err...lol

i think this is going nowhere.....
i was hoping people would post up their idea of a "good" career which i might be going into...

arigatou, arigatou...

--------------------
Ysuki

Since last post: 7917 days
Last activity: 7908 days
Posted on 06-04-02 06:28 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
How about which job have a good outcome? I'm interested in computers also but don't know what field to choose.

I could have learned Programming or Networking next year but I chose networking. I'm not so sure what would be good. I could change it to programming if it helps me.
Sironin

Since: 05-17-02

Since last post: 7935 days
Last activity: 7619 days
Posted on 06-04-02 07:22 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
*shrug*

Well my goal in life is to be comfortable. I find other people choose other goals like, "make a lotta money and retire rich and early"or "win the rat race" or "fulfill my dreams of becoming a...." or "get revenge on that person back from... for..." or "I don't have much of a brain, so someone will take care of me, that's my goal"

These are the basic true goals I have found people in life to be seeking. I prefer mine. Anyways, as far as pursueing a career in the computer field. I am also looking to do that. I figure I need a web site. Then I need some content on that website. Then I need that content to be interesting. Then I need it to change or be anticipated to change and update frequently so that my users keep coming back for more. Then I need to have some way to make money off of all this interesting traffic I generate. Essentially make yet one more Internet Toll Booth where people shall stop, enjoy my company, and then proceed on their merry way after dropping off their currency (time, money, donation, banner click, whatever).

There's a lot of other things to do though. The industry has been hurting recently from the economy and people lost jobs, but that happens a lot. So basically those jobs open up again and new positions are always coming up. So really if you can THINK of something that involves a computer and then you can get REALLY REALLY REALLY good at it, you can probably find someone willing to pay you to do that thing 8 hours a day. You may have to move. You may not.

Good luck.
DaiSHi

Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7361 days
Last activity: 7361 days
Posted on 06-04-02 08:07 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
all depends. do you like designing things? working/building with your hands? sitting in front of a computer for hours at a time typing and banging your head into the keyboard, hoping that your forehead fixes your code to work? (i'm almost the last one) as mentioned, the computer field is big. things from websites, to computer engineering, to computer programming. maybe even technical support or repairs or even teaching. what's more important? money or a job you can live with until you retire? i'm hoping for both

personally, i want to eventually move to AI and work with robotics or games...

--------------------
Loki: DaiSHi, H.O.L.Y.Merchant, Robbin'Hood
47/34 swordman, OC merc, 37/27 Thief
Doomcraft

Since: 04-28-02

Since last post: 7982 days
Last activity: 7970 days
Posted on 06-04-02 11:08 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by DaiSHi
as mentioned, the computer field is big. things from websites, to computer engineering, to computer programming. maybe even technical support or repairs or even teaching. what's more important? money or a job you can live with until you retire? i'm hoping for both

yeah, you can be so many things in this industry.
personaly, I enjoy a bit of programming but I dont think I could spend so much time of my life making code for some big company that would despise me after I hit a certain age. :|
I enjoy webdesign because new things are always appearing, it´s fun, creative and I find it very rewarding (at least in a personall level ).
(now, if only I could do that summer course on those new programming languages...)

well, those where my 2 cents.

note: game industry also seems apealing but I have zero chance of joining one from where I stand.

--------------------
And once again our friend, and semi-hero posts again....

Makoto

Since: 02-19-02

Since last post: 7769 days
Last activity: 7756 days
Posted on 06-04-02 11:48 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
well, im looking in the direction of the gaming industry, im not bad at programming, and ive always liked being creative, and ive been playing games since i was 9 (i'll be 21 by the end of June)
ive done a few things here and there, and im looking into modding now too, if i help get a few good mods out it should make my CV look good , and then of course im gonna program a little game using C++ and the DirectX 8 SDK (when i get round to it ), nothing big, just some little pathetic thing that just proves i know what im doing

thats my plan anyway
Akute Psyko

Since: 06-05-02

Since last post: 7953 days
Last activity: 7999 days
Posted on 06-05-02 02:18 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
im as puzzled as you.............

but im hoping to get into E.E. + Programming Major.... and move towards robotics/video games development as a career...

--------------------
-Akute Psyko
Ysuki

Since last post: 7917 days
Last activity: 7908 days
Posted on 06-05-02 04:07 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Guess I'll go computer engineering. Fllow my uncle's steps.
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - (-_-) zzzZZ |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.011 seconds.