Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-28-24 02:22 PM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Sad, Sad day indeed. |
Pages: 1 2Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 03-16-02

Since last post: 7543 days
Last activity: 7511 days
Posted on 06-04-02 07:29 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Well I was hopeing this day wouldn't come, that gravity would actully hear the words (and understand them) of one of a people I'd consider to be the biggest contributer to eRO... but no, they've messed up even more, screwed over even more players, and stepped on people without even saying sorry. I was hoping that this day, when Sasami got screwed even more by gravity, wouldn't come. I think most of us were hoping that they would turn around as a company and help the english community instead of punishing it. I know in the past that I've been on gravity's side, and even said some of the more unreasonable things must be false, but lattely there's just too much proof that the good users of RO are the only ones being screwed by gravity's new terms.

I watched my friend report a few dozen bot users, name hack users, and some outright scam/cheaters, only to have his account removed. Closest we can figure it was because something on his skin might have looked like a hack, or they thought he was reporting himself.

I would love to be able to go back to alpha, or even some how get the source for the beta and make a working copy of it. Ohh well maybe in a while we can make our own RO... well would need a new name ;;

Saasmi: I'm sorry for what gravity has put you through... and I'm thankful that you've stuck with us as long as you have. Thank you.

As for me, I'm taking a leave from RO myself, I'll check up on the news and sometimes run my merchant(maybe even make the auto selling script). But for now i'm going to go work on my programming classe's and the FAQ's i've been stalling on.

P.S. I hope you keep this board up, as it's one of the better info sites (Not just for RO)
DaiSHi

Since: 05-03-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7360 days
Last activity: 7360 days
Posted on 06-04-02 08:03 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
i'm sorry to hear about your friend and yourself. my party leader was banned for no logical reason, other than possibly his swearing. some theories include daish reporting that he was speed hacking only on the assumption that he was wearing a pink hat... fortunately after many weeks he got his account back very recently, and our party is whole again.

i have 100+ pics (yet to be sorted) of scammers, looters, botters, etc. Often when i take the ss i take my F12 and move it over my minimized info, to hide my exp viewing. but nowadays i've been too lazy to report, and i don't think grav would give a rats arse.

and on that email JtD had posted... i think grav's just being igorant on blaming sasami for the unchecked slew of hacks and the like. made me sick to read that email.

thanx sasami for not letting all the crap out there faze you and keep you from doing what you do...

--------------------
Loki: DaiSHi, H.O.L.Y.Merchant, Robbin'Hood
47/34 swordman, OC merc, 37/27 Thief
Poring Hunter D

Since: 05-30-02

Since last post: 7920 days
Last activity: 7919 days
Posted on 06-04-02 09:01 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I've been playing RO since 3 weeks after Beta began. Most people who know me could tell you I pretty much keep to myself. I read all the boards and play quite a bit of the game, but don't post very often or "socialize" too much in game. I've decided to post this now because, as this thread is entitled, this is a sad, sad day indeed. For a number of reasons. First of all, to Sasami, I'd like to say Thank You for everything you've done for the English RO Community. Without people like you invovled with this game, it's clear many people would have stopped playing a long time ago and most likely now will after you're gone. Your hard work and dedication to making this game a more enjoyable experience for everyone is MUCH appreciated. Without knowing you, I can say I respect what you've been doing.
As for Gravity, there are too many problems with the current state of the English Beta Administration to rehash again here in this post. Besides, I think you've said it all. Many problems won't be fixed until they are ready to release a commercial version of the game for English players. Gravity's largest markets are in Korea and Japan. Yes, this is unfair we must deal with an inferior version of the game, but as every other corporation invariably does, they only look at the bottom line, and even then, they are only looking as far as they can see. Gravity could use a new pair of eyes. That's about it I guess. I'll stop before I start sounding far too cheesy for my own good. Sasami, I'm sad to hear you're leaving. I suppose I could still hope against hope, something changes by this Friday, but when it doesn't I won't be surprised and pity Gravity even further for losing a very valuable true Beta Tester.

So Long and Thanks for all the Fish!

~Poring Hunter D~
milkrock

Since: 05-22-02

Since last post: 7605 days
Last activity: 7605 days
Posted on 06-04-02 09:06 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
The very fact Sasami is leaving is very very sad :-( She showd nothing but patience to those people and look what she got in return. I too am getting quite tired of gravity. It is one of the reasons I want to create my own server. So that I wouldn't have to cope with any of that. None of this crap that they make people deal with all the time. So i guess I totaly agree with her. I'll keep playing though, I'm gonna see this game thru and I don't care what it takes. Ill have a project page up for the RO server(s) soon. If any of you are intersted in that. The URL will be (note it doesnt exist yet) www.milkrock.net/ro/ That will probably be up on the 6th as long as I dont get designers block. Sasami I could really use your expertese but if you dont want to help me out that is perfectly fine. But this is a chance for all those people in the community who are getting tired of gravity to take the game into thier own hands and I would like you to be a part of that. I'm sure im getting my self into alot of work but that's fine with me. It really is a good game and I think its worth trying to get both versions of it running. This may be the last time I see you involved at all. So I'm gonna say this now. GoodBye Sasami. Of all the people in all the RO sites that I have frequented I have respected you most of all. Why? Because you are the only one who doesn't have a stick up her A$$ but is responsible enough to know where to draw the line. That puts you way above anyone else in this community with your kind of power or knowledge. Kudos. Even if you totaly leave the scene please tell me what you decide personaly at ramiro@milkrock.net . In case I dont see you again. Sayonora, Sasami-Sama .

--------------------
"And She with butterfly wings will fly away in the most beatiful form with but a whisper and a flutter to her name" - Patrick Fitzgerald

(edited by milkrock on 06-04-02 04:11 AM)
Makoto

Since: 02-19-02

Since last post: 7768 days
Last activity: 7755 days
Posted on 06-04-02 11:38 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I've known Sasami since day 1 of beta, and we've been playing it together ever since then. Over the past few months we've been playing it less and less, due to scammers, bots, gravity etc, I spose this was gonna happen one day, unless gravity acctually started caring. I'm sorry that Sasami was hurt by all this, but at least, Sasami, you can take happyness from the fact that the people here like and respect you

*hugs*
Tillumni Sephirotica

Since: 03-25-02

Since last post: 7715 days
Last activity: 7715 days
Posted on 06-04-02 12:28 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Elmikie: What's new in the forum Till? Till? hey Tillumni what's wrong?

Tillumni: it hapened, Sasami have... stopped

Elmikie wha...

Tillumni: Guess there's nothing we can do about it, but respect here decission, and wish her good luck on her new path...

Elmikie: yeah you're right

Tillumni: thanks Sasami for everything that you have done, and good luck where ever your new path may take you

Elmikie: "conjure forth some departing music" sorry my magic is a bit weak in this world...by the way Till is she going to return?

I doubt it, maybe if things turn out for the better.. when the darkness is pierced

I see..."suddenly brightens up" wait it's not like she died, right? she's a live, heathy and still around in here. and so long there's life there's hope right?... right? Till?... don't tell me that you have giving up on her return...

well it's not like I don't want her to return, but... I don't know, things a bit overwhelming right now...

..."sits quitly and punders the future, then stands up"

well as said before, good luck and godspeed on your new path.

--------------------
Elmikie, Spell artist, Path of Pearl, Stratika, keeper of guild lore and current leader of the Vezrejai mage guild.
MingShun

Since: 05-10-02

Since last post: 7408 days
Last activity: 7408 days
Posted on 06-04-02 02:58 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Little Sasami Dolls: Sasami is the greatest! Hurrah!

All the good people are leaving RO these days. I hope the next beta you play is much kinder to you though.

--------------------
Light Hawk and Antoni Serang. Who has what job?
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Posted on 06-04-02 05:35 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
*steals the little sasami cheering dolls and runs off with them*
Chibi-Bar

Since: 04-16-02

Since last post: 7452 days
Last activity: 7409 days
Posted on 06-04-02 08:09 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Darn I have a feeling that the eRO is just a "dumping" ground for all what left of RO cesspool of all the bad RO players or something... since I keep hearing rumors of new "defenses" against the hackers and scammers.. do they just don't have the "knowledge" to have more English GM like they do on jRO and kRO? I'm sure if there are at least couple of GM running around making sure to ban the accounts of people who are hacking and cheating (even just bots) I'm sure it would make the game a little better than it is now..... implement the hack protection that they have on other servers.. sheesh.. what are they waiting for? are their codes (the programming part) are in three different languages instead of one? is it possible?

--------------------
Chibi-Bar

Your Local Merchant on Chaos/Loki
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 06-04-02 09:11 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
The japanese and english clients are the exact same basically, can't speak for the korean though.
Chibi-Bar

Since: 04-16-02

Since last post: 7452 days
Last activity: 7409 days
Posted on 06-04-02 09:17 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
then it just matter of their "lazyness" to patch the eRO..... sheesh.. oh well

--------------------
Chibi-Bar

Your Local Merchant on Chaos/Loki
Makoto

Since: 02-19-02

Since last post: 7768 days
Last activity: 7755 days
Posted on 06-04-02 09:32 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
remindes me of a game called 'evil islands', it had a lot of potential, it had a really cool system, but the company just completly ignord the whole game after relese, not a single patch or hack fix (oh, sorry, there was ONE patch, it acctually enabled you to play multiplayer, lol, as the shipped game had a bug which didnt let you start multiplayer games, lol), nothing, by a couple of months there was nothing left but hackers -.-
ah well, at least in the future there will be better games , and with more support
let us not dwell on the past but look to the future

EDIT: oo ooo!

rakkaedanikaerazuhakyoufutatabiterasazu

(sorry, had to say that , that is a real japanese word btw, its huge, lol )

(edited by Makoto on 06-04-02 04:34 PM)
Avaj

Since: 06-04-02

Since last post: 7901 days
Last activity: 7901 days
Posted on 06-05-02 12:22 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
It would have to be the day after I found this place too >.<
Best wishes to you, I know how hard it can be trying to help out deaf walls.
Zelgaldis

Since last post: 7998 days
Last activity: 7650 days
Posted on 06-05-02 12:39 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
=T ouch gravity sucks =T
well even though i dont know you that well(or at all Xp) i'll miss you, your exp viewer has helped me out a bunch, and your warp to save program has gotten my friends out of blackholes. And for that i thank you graciously. Seeing all these good contributors to RO leaving RO only to be replaced by more bots kind of makes me want to quit(and i've only been playing barely a month =T) well have fun working on other beta's with companies that will respect your efforts to improve the game or whatever your going to do . anyways cyah around and goodlucks.
~Zel
RedSn0w

Since: 05-30-02

Since last post: 7625 days
Last activity: 7664 days
Posted on 06-05-02 02:58 AMQuote | Edit | Delete

Too much writing
Too lazy to read

Only one question..
how did Sasami get screw over by Gravity??
can u plz show me where to read if there is already an answer?

--------------------
i will die but i will take u down with me....muhahahahha
Avaj

Since last post: 7901 days
Last activity: 7901 days
Posted on 06-05-02 04:54 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
That GM anounce pretty much says "We arn't going to do anything, it's your fault".
Moguri-kun

Since: 05-06-02

Since last post: 7998 days
Last activity: 7988 days
Posted on 06-05-02 05:38 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by Makoto

(sorry, had to say that , that is a real japanese word btw, its huge, lol )

What does it mean?
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 06-05-02 05:56 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
(exp) fallen blossom doesn't return to the branch, a broken mirror can not be made to shine; what's done is done; there's no use crying over spilled milk
KaworuShiro

Since: 06-05-02

Since last post: 7542 days
Last activity: 7542 days
Posted on 06-05-02 07:50 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by Sasami
(exp) fallen blossom doesn't return to the branch, a broken mirror can not be made to shine; what's done is done; there's no use crying over spilled milk

Word for word from Dr. James Breen's Japanese <-> English dictionary. A meaningful saying nonetheless.

--------------------
~_~
redacted

Since: 04-28-02

Since last post: 7946 days
Last activity: 7947 days
Posted on 06-05-02 07:54 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Removed by request
Pages: 1 2Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Sad, Sad day indeed. |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.015 seconds.