Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-27-24 11:25 PM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - That's all folks |
Pages: 1 2Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7359 days
Last activity: 7359 days
Posted on 06-04-02 06:15 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I was asked to link to a thread on my board for my news on www.ixga.com so it could be locked there. For anyone visiting here for the first time, do know my mods and I do not delete posts unless they are spam or specifically release information on where to find or how to do hacks. That being said, go wild, say your thoughts. Have fun.
PoPoring

Since: 05-10-02

Since last post: 7998 days
Last activity: 7677 days
Posted on 06-04-02 08:20 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Well its a shame too see you go.
I understand what your talking about though and support you. I just hope someone picks up where you left off and tries to make Gravity fix the problems. At least before you leave, leave with a bag, release all you know to burn those assholes and make them wake up. Maybe then some real progress will be made.
Chibi-Bar

Since: 04-16-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7452 days
Last activity: 7408 days
Posted on 06-04-02 08:22 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
personally... before you go... you could "secretly" make another type of bot (or at least similar to the emulator) and steal their accounts

revenge heheheheh..

--------------------
Chibi-Bar

Your Local Merchant on Chaos/Loki
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 06-04-02 09:02 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
well, i'll still be around, just not doing anything relating to rag beta.

I already have thousands of accounts passwords i have through legit methods, didnt even try to get them... not like i'd ever use them.
milkrock

Since: 05-22-02

Since last post: 7604 days
Last activity: 7604 days
Posted on 06-04-02 09:14 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I hope you don't mind me asking, but if you do stop doing anything ragnarok beta related could you possibly leave your source files, and information you think I might need to me. As I would like to continue some of your projects once I'm up to it.

--------------------
"Everytime I think People get as dumb as possibly their idiots scientist come up with new ways of being stupid" - Gabriel (www.penny-arcade.com)
Insante

Since: 03-25-02

Since last post: 7984 days
Last activity: 7937 days
Posted on 06-04-02 09:16 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Ok, I just read it, so be sure to come back for Insante's latest rant tomorrow.... (I kno it's been a few days, but I still haven't forgotten, I'm still working it out in my head - this is gonna be a pretty important one i thinks....)

I thought you were talking about mods that's why this is here: (btw I'm not a mod here in case anyone misunderstands.)

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, because I can't browse ixga.com anymore. (Ok, I can but I don't bother very often.....) so here's approximately what I put up on the old RO+ board:

Rules of the forums:
1) Respect everyone.
2) No hate allowed.
3) Spam tastes really bad, let's keep it to a minimum.

Since I am making you abide by rules, I guess it's only fair to abide by some rules of my own.

1. I am a person. This means that I am not perfect, and I recognize that - so I promise to allow criticisms of me without reprisal. I also promise to examine them and consider them as something I need to do or change. But you, as a member must always abide by the first rule of these forums when addressing me.

2. I am a player. I swear to never cheat, and to do my best to keep the company informed of any knowledge I come across.

3. I am a role - model. I will do my best to never curse or flame, and to help others as best I can.

4. I am a moderator. I'll do my best to keep these forums a clean place where all can express their ideas without fear.

--------------------
Get entranced.

(edited by Insante on 06-04-02 04:55 PM)

(edited by Insante on 06-05-02 10:47 AM)

(edited by Insante on 06-06-02 08:42 PM)
ParA

Since: 05-25-02

Since last post: 7556 days
Last activity: 7811 days
Posted on 06-05-02 12:48 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
unfortunately........ alot of players show they have very little patience with eachother. i have encountered online users who seem to enjoy proving eachother wrong to belittle another person. just to point that out so it should never spread.

--------------------
Withdrawl from forum boards is imminent. It is my final answer.
Doomcraft

Since: 04-28-02

Since last post: 7980 days
Last activity: 7968 days
Posted on 06-05-02 01:52 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Well, itĀ“s very sad to see anyone leave in such conditions, I hope the time you'll spend at akon will help you get past these bad things, besides there will be other mmorpgs and making your own is fun too.
(especially when you have access to the graphics, sounds and files of a certain rpg we love/hate *cough* ragn..ok *cough*)

I wish you good luck with that project and about the unrelease hacks, personaly, I dont think things could get worst than they are but if you want to piss gravity, you should aim at their "so beloved" korean beta.

so,hmm, thats enough sweet talking from me.

*off to sleep*

edit: btw, i found this link very interesting for someone who wants some sort of base for a 3D rpg...
http://www.planetquake.com/gg/hackandslash.html
and try this too
http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~amitp/gameprog.html

{(edit by DaiSHi): sorry Doomcraft; i hope you don't mind me linkifying the urls for you... didn't want to make an entire new post to do it}

--------------------
I look like I'm not thinking about anything, and it's the truth...

(edited by Doomcraft on 06-04-02 08:56 PM)

(edited by DaiSHi on 06-04-02 09:07 PM)
ParA

Since: 05-25-02

Since last post: 7556 days
Last activity: 7811 days
Posted on 06-05-02 04:14 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
i meant online users on forums....... not in game

--------------------
Withdrawl from forum boards is imminent. It is my final answer.
Neo

Since: 06-05-02

Since last post: 7997 days
Last activity: 7997 days
Posted on 06-05-02 06:07 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Ack O.o

Hello I am kinda new -- I lurk around alot of RO forums.

When I heard from RO Source that you were leaving I had to drop bye.

Sad to see you go Sasami o.o! I know alot of pople have benifited from your War to last save point (?) and the Exp Viewer (never saw the point in that myself )

Anyways I hope that once Gravity is serious about the eBeta / eRO / etc... that they actually do work.

I am almost to the point where i want to bot :\ they obviously dont care about us :\

Oh well, I ramble, thanks for reading.

-Neo
Talien

Since: 05-08-02

Since last post: 7980 days
Last activity: 7980 days
Posted on 06-05-02 09:33 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Well, everyone has a breaking point, and there's no point sticking around if it's been reached because it'll only go downhill from there. Have fun with your next project Sasami, and I hope it goes better than this stuff did.

And ParA, there are people like that in game too, I've run across several and I've even been one on occasion, though not without reason. Of course, you could probably kinda tell that from how I handled that KSer in Bibalan 2 the other day.

--------------------

Member of Prontera Parish
SystemId

Since last post: 7988 days
Last activity: 7997 days
Posted on 06-05-02 10:21 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Hello Sasami,

You probably don't know me, but like alot of others I've been reading about you and your contributions every other day. Personally I use the WaroToSave a lot, many thanks for releasing it. Well anyway, as you might be able to tell I've registered after reading you discussion to quit. I'm not here to tell you what you should do, but try to persuade you to

1) Make Gravity sit up and notice the English server, even if it means hitting them where it hurts, their wallets.

and b) Creating your own Alpha (sounds over ambitious, but I would certainly play it)

--------------------
- SystemId
Val Halen

Since last post: 7996 days
Last activity: 7943 days
Posted on 06-05-02 11:55 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Hi Sasami. I feel like communicating with Gravity has been much like kicking a dead horse lately. And the english servers seem to get worse daily. Think this is the first day since last Christmas that I didn't even try to log in to the game. And that was before I saw your announcement at ixga.
Xerin

Since: 05-09-02

Since last post: 7997 days
Last activity: 7906 days
Posted on 06-05-02 06:00 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Bah, stuff happens, good luck Sasami, whatever you move on to =)
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 06-05-02 07:03 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by Xerin on Ragnarok Source
O____o

Sasami has quit what like 4 times (if you include differnt forums about 10-12), so if she wants to quit again because she feels Gravity is being a little slow maintaing three differnt servers, plus translateing and hireing staff for another one, plus worrying about Beta2, plus worrying about there beta pay system, and if it fuxX0rs up they are screwed, and trying to keep there systems secure from script kiddies who try to DoS there servers, and etc.... she can.

Doesn't give you a free right to bot O_o

I saw your post Xerin on RS. I had quit once, and i left for 2 months and came back like I said I might. I leave everything documented on my site so none of my actions can be constrewed.

[edit] erm... misconstrued

(edited by Sasami on 06-05-02 02:05 PM)
Kazebari

Since last post: 7995 days
Last activity: 7995 days
Posted on 06-05-02 11:13 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Uh-oh.

Does this mean you won't fix the exp viewers? 'cos if you won't I'll have to re-download client and patches again (since I didn't make a backup copy of ragexe) which takes over 20 hours! -_- And that would be bad.
DaiSHi

Since: 05-03-02

Posted on 06-05-02 11:40 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by Kazebari
Uh-oh.

Does this mean you won't fix the exp viewers? 'cos if you won't I'll have to re-download client and patches again (since I didn't make a backup copy of ragexe) which takes over 20 hours! -_- And that would be bad.

well... how about this: after a patch that replaces ragexe.exe, make a copy before reapplying the patch. then no problem

--------------------
Loki: DaiSHi 47/34 swordman, H.O.L.Y.Merchant OC, Robbin'Hood 37/27 Thief
6445 exp and counting...
Flower girls are the cutest...
Kazebari

Since last post: 7995 days
Last activity: 7995 days
Posted on 06-06-02 01:41 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Hmm. That might work.

[edit] wait, i don't get it...what do you mean copying the patch and then reapplying it? [/edit]

(edited by Kazebari on 06-05-02 08:42 PM)
Mental Atrophy

Since: 05-14-02

Since last post: 7996 days
Last activity: 7946 days
Posted on 06-06-02 02:09 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
make a copy of the ragexe.exe file somewhere on your computer right now. then, whenever a new patch comes and the exp viewer doesnt work, replace the broke ragexe with a copy of the stored ragexe that does work.
DaiSHi

Since: 05-03-02

Posted on 06-06-02 02:27 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by Mental Atrophy
make a copy of the ragexe.exe file somewhere on your computer right now. then, whenever a new patch comes and the exp viewer doesnt work, replace the broke ragexe with a copy of the stored ragexe that does work.

but wouldn't his current ragexe.exe be patched with the viewer? defeating the purpose of keeping a backup of a guaranteed-to-work-not-xp-viewer-patched .exe? after a gravity patch that replaces the current exe, the ragexe.exe should be safe to copy for backup... if those lines of gibberish are confusing, i'm sorry. i have 20.5 hours to finish writing 8 pages of my research paper, and i'm already yawning and falling asleep; it's only 6 30 pm, ugh

--------------------
Loki: DaiSHi 47/34 swordman, H.O.L.Y.Merchant OC, Robbin'Hood 37/27 Thief
6729 exp and counting...
Flower girls are the cutest...
Pages: 1 2Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - That's all folks |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.016 seconds.