Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
05-05-24 01:20 AM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Sasami: About your departure and Gravity | Thread closed
Pages: 1 2 3 4Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 06-08-02

Since last post: 8000 days
Last activity: 7967 days
Posted on 06-08-02 09:12 PM
Well, it's fairly obvious that she does know what's going on, more than you would I'm sure unless you're fluent in Korean and can ask questions in Korean considering in the entire team there are two fluent English speaking members. Personally, your leaving doesn't mean anything to me since I didn't really use any of your work and never had a reason to, since I was happy with what I had and yes, I had been playing since the early days of Alpha.

To claim that Christy knows nothing is pretty foolish, especially considering how you "know for a fact" all of this information -- kind of like the time you knew for a fact that the beta2 screens were fake?

--------------------
"Moron..." -Solid "Pliskin" Snake
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7366 days
Last activity: 7366 days
Posted on 06-08-02 09:45 PM
to comment on that, christy told me personally they were fake, not via email. Tells you something, doesn't it, that was the first time I stopped trusting her and her knowledge and judgement.
Aden

Posted on 06-08-02 09:57 PM
ROFLMAO~

Is this through telepathy or something? Did you call these people? Did they call you? Did you visit Korea, or are you just some kind of Compulsive liar trying to save your own ass? This seriously reeks of some heavy BS.

--------------------
Kyokushin-ka

Since: 05-02-02

Since last post: 7954 days
Last activity: 7988 days
Posted on 06-08-02 10:07 PM
There are phones and letter carriers you know.

Finaly, on languages, unless you have been speaking a language in a country where it's the native language for many many decades you will never know a language fluently. You will only know the sentence patterns and some vocabulary--most of which dosn't fit the context you use with what your saying. If they are "classroom" fluent you can count on the fact that they don't know much. You can speak a language in a classroom for several years, but unless you get the experience of talking writing letters and so on, you will never be able to really understand the language. The fact that they use a cut-paste automated e-mail system tells us that they arn't confident of their ability to speak english.

They may know what's going on, they may not. But what we do know, is that they arn't telling us anything at all.

She may be BSing or she may not. One of the things I've found being on this forum, is that her writing on the boards makes sense and shows few if any signs of deception, so until she makes me think otherwise, I trust her.
Quanta

Since: 04-09-02

Since last post: 7748 days
Last activity: 7500 days
Posted on 06-08-02 10:11 PM
Sasami: Perhaps it was an attempt to keep the beta2 project a secret until they wished to announce it...I mean, wouldn't you have done the same thing?

--------------------
Aden

Posted on 06-08-02 10:14 PM
I'm WELL aware of the phones and letter carriers, thanks. That's why I *asked*.

I can tell you they do NOT always use a cut-paste automated email system. I have SEVERAL personal responses for serveral issues that aren't even in the game. So don't tell me that they have only automated responses, because that's wrong. Tell me a company that gets thousands of emails a day and DOESN'T give out some automated response, with ONE person to respond.

As for languages, very true, how are you speaking to these people if their English is so poor? There are only 2 "fluent" English speaking members on the team.

Anyway Sasami, I have some words from Christy herself about you which I'm sure you don't even care about but I'd like to hear about this directly from you instead of drag this out here where irrelevant messages get in the way of what I'm trying to get across here. Feel *free* to contact me on AOL IM on the screen name "The Seventh Tier".

--------------------
Kyokushin-ka

Posted on 06-08-02 10:28 PM
Well, it does make sense that they would use at some points real people answering e-mails, such as some issues on their BBS. But it still reads wierd if they type more than two or three sentences you can almost "read" the accent.
Aden

Posted on 06-08-02 10:35 PM
What is this trying to show, though? That people who aren't from an English speaking country can't write perfect English? Her English is not unreadable, nor unintelligible... at least not to me. But once again, what is this trying to say?

Most people in the US don't even speak English. There are more English speakers in China for the love of all things holy. It doesn't mean that their support is bad, especially since this is a foreign country, and a Beta, with volunteers, and the fact that they respond at ALL personally is enough to realize they do take the time to look at things.

Whatever your argument is, since I can't see the problem, I don't mean to be rude to you, but I am looking for a response from Sasami one way or another. As I said, she can continue to drag it out here or message me, or even email me at [EDIT] ultema@ultema.com So can anyone else if they wish to, but I will say that I'm not a kind, candy-coated person and I am not above personal attacks, nor "petty namecalling" since I say it how I see it.

--------------------

(edited by Aden on 06-08-02 05:58 PM)
Makoto

Since: 02-19-02

Since last post: 7775 days
Last activity: 7762 days
Posted on 06-08-02 10:38 PM
*growls at Quanta, Aden and other people against Sasami in this*
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

dont go accusing her of lieing, shes been kind and honist the whole time ive known her and i know her a HELL of a lot better then you do, so stop judging her and think about yourself

if i wanted to judge you i could say that i think your just saying all this to make yourself look good, so that you can say you've 'beaten Sasami', but i wont (well, i said it, but im not going to accuse you of it) you have your own motives in life, whether they are honist or evil i wont ask or speculate, i only ask that you stop judging Sasami and accusing her of things she has not done and is not guilty of

EDIT: *reads Aden's latest post that went up while i was writing this one*
*decides not to say anything, since i just dont like Aden, and cant think of anything nice to say....*

(edited by Makoto on 06-08-02 05:44 PM)
Aden

Posted on 06-08-02 10:44 PM
Look, I'm not here for glory because personally I don't give a damn about you, her, or anyone else here. What I do hate are blind followers who just pick and choose who their heroes are and think that they are infallible. Guess what. You're all human. You all make mistakes. I don't care what you think.

No one here matters to me and I have nothing to prove except to find the truth in obviously conflicting views. I'm not asking you for your opinion. Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and they all stink, and they don't hold any weight. I don't care if you think I'm trying to make myself look good. You don't count in my world.

I will call it as I see it, and it is guilty until proven innocent in my mind. I'm not the US supreme court. I didn't accused her of anything, I merely asked. If you don't like me being against her, tough. I'm not here to please you.

... o_o .... Well apparently, vampirehunter.com decided to start charging and who the hell needs that? Try ultema@ultema.com

--------------------

(edited by Aden on 06-08-02 05:56 PM)
Makoto

Posted on 06-08-02 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Aden
Look, I'm not here for glory because personally I don't give a damn about you, her, or anyone else here. What I do hate are blind followers who just pick and choose who their heroes are and think that they are infallible. Guess what. You're all human. You all make mistakes. I don't care what you think.

No one here matters to me and I have nothing to prove except to find the truth in obviously conflicting views. I'm not asking you for your opinion. Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and they all stink, and they don't hold any weight. I don't care if you think I'm trying to make myself look good. You don't count in my world.

I will call it as I see it, and it is guilty until proven innocent in my mind. I'm not the US supreme court. I didn't accused her of anything, I merely asked. If you don't like me being against her, tough. I'm not here to please you.

first, i specificly said i WASNT accusing you of that, i was mearly pointing out that i COULD do, simply proving the point that anyone can accuse anyone of anything, it doesnt make them guilty

secondly, i just completly dissagree with your 'opinions' i seriously doubt we'd get on, opinions are very important, and everyone is innocent untill proven guilty in my 'world'

you also come accross as very selfish, whether you are or not is another thing, but you give off that impression

i am also already awear we're all human, i am awear of Sasami's 'downfalls' (as little an insignificant they are ), but the ones you have stated are not them

and i am not some 'sheep' that followers her, i did not 'choose' her as a hero (or heroine), she happens to be one of my closest friends, and i trust her, if you do not understand this then clearly you dont have any proper friends, and i pity you

and its not that your against her, its that your being mean to her, simple as that, and i dont like it
Aden

Posted on 06-08-02 10:57 PM
If you want to see me be mean to her or you, I'll show you. Just ask.

--------------------
Avaj

Since: 06-04-02

Since last post: 7908 days
Last activity: 7907 days
Posted on 06-08-02 10:58 PM
word.
Makoto

Posted on 06-08-02 10:59 PM
first, ive already seen you be mean, and if you mean meaner, oddly enough, no, i dont want to see it

and i thought you said i didnt count in your world, obviously i must be somthing, or you wouldnt bother replying

EDIT: typos -.-

(edited by Makoto on 06-08-02 06:00 PM)
Aden

Posted on 06-08-02 11:00 PM
Heh, you don't. I just have nothing better to do right now anyway. Your opinions and existance still don't count. Just because I'm talking to you doesn't mean that I care about you.

And you haven't seen me be mean. Being mean isn't asking someone to back up their claims. Being mean is something completely different.

edit: Anyway this little discussion is getting off topic. Until someone worthwhile responds, I'm going to sit it out.

--------------------

(edited by Aden on 06-08-02 06:04 PM)
Kyokushin-ka

Posted on 06-08-02 11:07 PM
He's right don't start beating on him because he's voicing his ideas, I've seen it done in worse ways (OsirisInside, I'm talking specifically to you).

Anyway it's good to hear that they ACCUALY respond to some e-mails in person, 'till I heard form you I thought it was a far cry from a server that sends replies in slightly garbled english that may not even be applicable to your problem.

Ironicaly what most people are really complaining about is poor english everywhere, it's not bad enough to give too many problems with the understanding, it does look un-proffessional. And the other localization of the game (Japaneese) dosn't even suffer from those problems. But as far as Xlanguage2English translation/localization goes. Gravity has made some memoriable errors as well as the classic "voice over vocabulary" (not to much of it is seen now) eg:

Attention all user
server is down being shutting
user are now logging off
we are sorry for inconvinience

Maybe a little blown up but that's what most people expect. And most people don't get e-mails within two hours or even a week, sometimes they have to send it again and again to get a responce if any comes, it may have changed but they do work slowly. I never thought someone would get something done slower than Blizzard aside from me until I met Gravity (still haven't fixed the botters maybe they've given up or don't care). Oh well, it's a beta not something to be too sad about, hopefully things will improve but I'm not expecting anything.

But think what you want, it's a good way to look at life.
Makoto

Posted on 06-08-02 11:07 PM
heh, well, thats your 'opinion', mines very different, thats what makes us different, and means we just dont get on, but, if i may say this without being 'mean' (since your idea of mean is quite extream compared to mine i doubt it is to you), i dont think its very nice saying my existance doesnt matter to you, and you dont care, i think thats quite heartless of you in fact, but thats just my 'opinion' so i doubt you care

but regardless, the things you said still hurt me, and i was pointing that out to you in the hope that maybe you'd realise and try to hurt people less, but obviously you dont care, so i wont bother

EDIT:
Originally posted by Kyokushin-ka
But think what you want, it's a good way to look at life.

indeed, i was not bashing his ideas, i believe in people being free to make there own choices, as said above, i was just pointing out what he'd said had hurt me, and my 'opinions' on what he'd said, and that his accusations (altho he says he wasnt accusing, fair enough, but at the time they sounded like accusations to me) were unfounded
*shrugs* doesnt matter anyway, ive said my piece, and he doesnt care, im not gonna force him to care, if he doesnt choose to thats his choice, we all reap what we sow, and we all get back what we deal, whatever that is

(edited by Makoto on 06-08-02 06:13 PM)
Quanta

Since: 04-09-02

Since last post: 7748 days
Last activity: 7500 days
Posted on 06-08-02 11:16 PM
Makoto: But you see, Sasami sees Gravity as being an overall incompetent company, but the truth is that Sasami only exists on one side of a 3-sided picture, and to me, her judgements regarding Gravity seem to be towards their entire operation and not merely just our side. And the whole MMORPG venture that she now wants to embark upon suggests that she can do better, and whether she can or not remains a mystery at present. I for one like the idea she wishes to embark upon for basing this MMORPG off of since it is the very idea that I have been playing around with inside my head for quite some time now. But it's not 100% certain, or even 5% certain, that she'll top any other company's MMORPG with her own game, so I wouldn't assume anything just yet.

As for you, the first line you wrote for your latest post here (*growls at Quanta, Aden and other people against Sasami in this*) suggests that you display a blind loyalty for Sasami, and a contempt for those that do not agree with her 100%. Otherwise, you'd have nixed that line before you submitted the post. I mean, there's nothing wrong with loyalty, but you don't have to agree wholeheartedly with anything and everything Sasami says or does. After all, humans progress in their existence by asking questions about themselves and the world in which they live, not by being fed all the answers ahead of time. The question "Is Gravity incompetent?" I cannot get an answer for because I don't know all sides of the story, and I never will. The question "Is Gravity incompetent towards the English users?", however, has a much different answer. And for me the answer involves how everything Gravity has done for the English users has been taken for granted, or that the English users can never be pleased. For example, a new feature is added, and people are even more angry now than they were the previous patch, which suggests that there's little to nothing one can do to please these people, so why even try at all? The answer also entails the attitude of English users towards Gravity. I think most English users are obnoxious assholes rather than kind and understanding people, so why would you want to help a community of users where the majority would shit right back in your face? I mean, the bad hackers already do that. In fact, my answer considers the bad hackers as racist bigots towards a Korean company trying to move in on the American market...the increasing number of malicious hacks and their userbase would be proof of that. Keep in mind that, for reasons unknown, some people have never given Gravity much of a chance to succeed, such as Artforz or that Frost2 fellow, which inevitably affects the judgements of those who have given Gravity a chance, like Sasami or myself. Nobody cares about the game OR the company that produces it, or else they wouldn't be trying to destroy both, so why in the WORLD should Gravity give 2 shits about them and the community which they represent? They shouldn't, but the fact that they HAVE been answering e-mails, whether it's a cut/paste job or not, suggests that they continue to SOMEWHAT care.

God, I hate the Western World...so full of hate...so full of impatience...it absolutely sickens me to no end... -_-;

--------------------
Kaede_X

Since: 05-17-02

Since last post: 7944 days
Last activity: 7923 days
Posted on 06-08-02 11:17 PM
Hm.. i'd like to hear you guys speak fluent korean (even with grammatical errors).. Or better yet, go learn korean fluently and volunteer yourself for a full time position (well yeah, i'd take that position, too :B).

Yes but,I don't try to bring a game over to a country with a half assed understanding of their language.
There are horror stories of people sending in pictures of bots, but then getting banned because Gravity assumed they were reporting themselves.

--------------------
Death is the best cure for stupidity..
Kyokushin-ka

Posted on 06-08-02 11:21 PM
Who say's a existince dosn't matter, certainly alone we are nothing. The power of men comes from the connections we forge with others and with our own bodies. If you look at it that way and you truly ask yourself what is man's place in the universe you find a facinating answer. Here is a creature created by god that was given a choice to be inherently good or evil, to be given the ability to overcome it's weaknesses and forge them into strength, in short it can grow and develop, mentally, physically, and morally, nothing else in the known universe can do that. A man can overcome many obsticales and learn from those continue to grow until the day it dies. People think that it's feul, hatred, war, that changes the world, but it's flesh. There is no power greater in this world than flesh. When it moves the world follows. When it's attacked and is not destroyed, it will repair itself. Ironicly it's that same power which may allow us to destroy ourselves, or the distances placed between us through language and geography that may keep us from working with one-annother. Certainly we can be wiped out in a cataclismic thrust of randomness, but if we arn't all wiped out we may well survive and move on...or others will rise to take our place. The place of a man is not in the long term, it's in the now, in the short life span where the world will belong to them.

[edit] sorry about the religious overtones if your athest, no problem go and find.

[edit yet again]yes the whole community is a three sided picture...but the english side is going right down the drain, I acctually miss those ten days I spent on the japaneese server...till they found out I was only practicing my japaneese and was really an american and had me banned for being on the wrong server. grumblegrumble I'm still bitter about that. They were so polite, everything was in clear english...um japaneese, and everything was cheap costing. Too bad if I do go there I can't speak at all or people would get suspicious of my inability to speak and understand japaneese in the most perfect way...and have me banned. Nothing like the english servers, there are no Ass holes, none zero only the ones running around like idiots speaking english are the assholes, which was why english speakers are banned on the spot. Ahh, but they still handled english servers badly, I won't bother to get into it, most of it's already been explained, and most reasons have been given as to why the walls came crashing down. I don't think the game will really make it in the english market because of how low people think of the community base and slow support, but it may, I hope it gets dragged out of the fire anyway.

(edited by Kyokushin-ka on 06-08-02 06:34 PM)
Pages: 1 2 3 4Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Sasami: About your departure and Gravity | Thread closed
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.023 seconds.