Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-29-24 11:53 AM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Anyone knows how to crash botter? |
Pages: 1 2Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 04-30-02

Since last post: 7861 days
Last activity: 7816 days
Posted on 06-07-02 07:04 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I don't know if this is 'illegal' but I'm just really fed up with those bots jamming me and looting me. Anyways, I was playing RO one day, and this guy was able to disconnect a bot. I asked him how but he said he can't tell. Can anyone tell me how? If not then I can understand why.

--------------------
--Nobody is a great leader unless he takes geniune joy in the successes of those.
DaiSHi

Since: 05-03-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7361 days
Last activity: 7361 days
Posted on 06-07-02 09:02 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
sorry, but dc'in them usually results in them hammering the servers and creating insane amounts of lag or downed servers. as much as i wish there were a way to completely crash their computer... we're gonna have to not dc them with the current method; and i heard it's not working as well at it used to...

--------------------
Loki: DaiSHi 47/34 swordman, H.O.L.Y.Merchant OC, Robbin'Hood 37/27 Thief
9074 exp and counting...
Flower girls are the cutest... but not as cute as my Tina
Doompie

Since: 04-29-02

Since last post: 7983 days
Last activity: 7652 days
Posted on 06-07-02 09:47 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I know how to disconnect them but...if to many people know it and it gets spread to much the login server wont hold it any longer...
People allready complain to me when Im using it and they blame me of causing the login server downage..but its generally the bots that are to blame.
DaiSHi

Posted on 06-07-02 10:40 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
thanx for holding the info Doompie.

speaking of crashing, stupid RO keeps crashing all of a sudden... my swordman was in payon3...i managed to get him out...and i went to orc with my party, after an mvp, i keep crashing. my thief crashes in payon1. my merc in payon is fine though... any ideas?

edit: lovely, all my characters crash now... i'm done with rag for the day...

--------------------
9186 exp and counting...

(edited by DaiSHi on 06-07-02 05:47 PM)
Doompie

Since: 04-29-02

Since last post: 7983 days
Last activity: 7652 days
Posted on 06-07-02 10:48 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Dont use any bot because I crash every bot I see on my way
LoNeSoMeTiGaR

Posted on 06-07-02 10:59 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Well in that case, then it's completely fine

--------------------
--Nobody is a great leader unless he takes geniune joy in the successes of those.
ParA

Since: 05-25-02

Since last post: 7557 days
Last activity: 7813 days
Posted on 06-08-02 01:26 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
i do NOT recommend crashing every single bot. just crash the bots that ks and loot you. the login servers get totally hammered by the bots because of their persistance.

--------------------
Withdrawl from forum boards is imminent. It is my final answer.
LoNeSoMeTiGaR

Posted on 06-08-02 05:31 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
That's what I wanted to do Par A. I mean, i dont have problem with bots just as long as they stay out of my way

--------------------
HyperSauce

Since: 04-28-02

Since last post: 7735 days
Last activity: 7368 days
Posted on 06-08-02 06:49 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Since most bots madly pick up items I wonder if they can get overweight?
DaiSHi

Posted on 06-08-02 08:48 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by HyperSauce
Since most bots madly pick up items I wonder if they can get overweight?

i'm guessing they probably have a limit you can set. obviously mages and sm dont' want to be overweight...

--------------------
9344 exp and counting...
LoNeSoMeTiGaR

Posted on 06-08-02 08:56 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
bots do get overweight but they have access to NPC anywhere. so they can sell items anywhere in map.

--------------------
DaiSHi

Posted on 06-08-02 09:14 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by LoNeSoMeTiGaR
bots do get overweight but they have access to NPC anywhere. so they can sell items anywhere in map.

darn, then i can't fill them up with heavy red herbs or jelopies... another hope down the drain...

--------------------
Loki: DaiSHi 48/34 swordman, H.O.L.Y.Merchant OC, Robbin'Hood 37/27 Thief
9556 exp and counting... || good luck to everyone who has finals
Avaj

Since: 06-04-02

Since last post: 7902 days
Last activity: 7902 days
Posted on 06-08-02 11:46 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Now the best bot crasher woulden't just make them lose their connection, it would blow up their computer to.
ParA

Since: 05-25-02

Since last post: 7557 days
Last activity: 7813 days
Posted on 06-08-02 03:29 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
some bots dont even pick up items....... i remember some bots just leave blue gemstones on the floor and it doesnt pick them up. but anyways bots have their limits on picking up items. they tend to pick up a certain amount of items and after they stop because of their programming. other bots lack the ability to pick up items since they are the standing bots.

--------------------
Withdrawl from forum boards is imminent. It is my final answer.
LoNeSoMeTiGaR

Posted on 06-08-02 06:25 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
well bots have options like "Looting" or "Pickup items". a lot of them dont pick up items and just stand there at once place and wait for monsters to come

--------------------
The_THIef

Since: 06-15-02

Since last post: 7988 days
Last activity: 7988 days
Posted on 06-15-02 04:03 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Don't u guys feel that getting more 'rubbish' aat payon 3?
Those rubbish making me angry can looted my stuff.
I really need guilde to crash those rubbish .

Rubbish=bots
Ysuki

Since last post: 7917 days
Last activity: 7908 days
Posted on 06-15-02 11:32 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Payon 3 bots are mostly KS'ers have increased alot about 200-300%. There was so many people and most of them are bots. I saw 11-12 bots on the same screen goign after the same Muank walking in the same pattern. And they also cause me a lot of lag which I eventually die less than 5-10mins.
sakura

Since: 06-18-02

Since last post: 7445 days
Last activity: 7445 days
Posted on 06-18-02 06:15 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I agree, there should be a program for people to crash bots. It's not fair that I can only manage to login for a couple of times this whole week. And at times when I can login, the stupid bots drives me nuts especially when they keep on SKing my monsters =( I was hoping their would be a program to d/c all bots within my proximity so I can at least enjoy the game. It's not fair that bots have the ability to warp right infront of your monster and steal your kill.

I too know that d/c'ing all the bots at once will cause login problems, but I think it's for the best. I don't like the fact that they can play anytime they wish while others can't. Now if the server went down for at least a day or so, people will start complaining to gravity and perhaps they will deal with the bot issue that's interfering with the game.
Ysuki

Since last post: 7917 days
Last activity: 7908 days
Posted on 06-18-02 10:57 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
If you get disconnected when going to another map, now how would you log back in. IF it crashes the client, then it's better since someoen actually need to laod teh program again. But this only disconnects bots which they hammer the login server and you can't login next time you want too.
DarkByte

Since: 06-19-02

Since last post: 7984 days
Last activity: 7938 days
Posted on 06-19-02 11:30 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I am sad to tell you that crashing a bot isnt as simple as crashing the RO client.

Bots are mostly writted in separate program, and the bots programmers have ways to discard whichever info they dont use/need. The only way bots could be stopped would be by changing the protocol (which is pretty simple by itself). I have no idea why Gravity doesnt do it.

Also, if Christy just went in the game, loaded a Map (like Yoyo forest), and started freezing accounts, say, 50-60 accounts, then, posted on the Gravity Board that she will do so every day. My guess is that Bots/Cheats would turn to less than 0.1% in a matter of 1 or 2 days. She will have for about 1 week work (at most) of watching the botters and freezing accounts. Then, they could give her a nice client that reports logged users that she put in a watch list. Next time they log, a message show, she uses a special "watch user" command on her special Rag client and she can watch that user to see if he's a bot at that time.

There are many solutions to stop the bot plague but Gravity seems too busy with Beta 2 to do anything now. Also, even if she took only 15 mins and froze 10 accounts only then posted a notice, people would become scared of botting. 95% of actual botters are lazy players that do it just because Gravity doesnt do anything against botters. If Gravity starts freezing accounts they will stop botting so they dont lose their player.
Pages: 1 2Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Anyone knows how to crash botter? |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.014 seconds.