Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
05-05-24 07:43 AM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Anyone knows how to crash botter? |
Pages: 1 2Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 06-05-02

Since last post: 7620 days
Last activity: 7619 days
Posted on 06-21-02 06:13 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
my mind .... exactly.

even freezing so little as two or three accounts per day should stop people. Or make them worry about using a bot. BUT ADVERTISING IT !! ... "We are freezing bot!!! Today pick is ... Name 1 Name 2 .. "

The other way is:
look in the Login log (a program can do it) any account with more then 1000 one thousand log-in aptempts in one day. Freeze or send them a Warning email.

As a human being ...I invented a "manual" way to log-in bot like. I can do a, MAX 150 attempts each minutes. Fingers flying on KB .. just immagine :-)) not for long!!

Another option:
They can shut down the servers then examine the next hour Login log.... surprise ... every bot will be logged-on in less then half an hour....
Send an email (severe warning) telling their accounts are freezed for one day!!

Even if that is un-just for some of us ... i would not complain !!!
Better one day off then to come back and enjoy a Bot-free ro .

AlainCh ( Bot-er are lazy, not stupid

Errors edit

(edited by AlainCh on 06-21-02 01:21 PM)
Kaz

Since: 06-24-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7515 days
Last activity: 7590 days
Posted on 06-24-02 09:14 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
A better way to shut down the server would be to have a picture on the top (pictures are nearly program proof) warning (or faking so the bot isn't just sensitive to excess information) of a server shutdown and not to login... of course this would also have to be in the login screen too for those about to login.

They could also just check for those who are on for more than 20 hours... which is just in all ways.
a) You've been on for 20 hours, you must be a bot.
b) You've been on for 20 hours, don't you need to sleep?
c) You've been on for 20 hours, it's unhealthy for you and your computer, get off!
Aisu

Since: 06-26-02

Since last post: 7556 days
Last activity: 7551 days
Posted on 06-26-02 08:44 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Referring to the "Some bots do not loot" post...

Bot programs usually comes with many files to operate bots, and there is a .TXT file that comes along with the program. Inside the .TXT file lists all the monsters. The bot user can modify the list to what the user wants its little slave to do. Now, what I think is that some bots also have a list of what items to pick up. For one of the explanation why bots don't pick up items is because the person who created the .TXT file probably skipped out on listing that item.

If you think about Gravity and its employees within different departments, their excuse of "we're focusing on Beta2" makes no sense. Like any other company, they would have different departments within their company. For example, there would be a designing department, development department, and server stability department. Even though that prontera.net states that there are only 33 members that develop, there has to be at least 1 member to makes sure that server stays up, plus I think there has to be a different department with more people to make sure their games are alive. Well...Here's how big gravity ACTUALLY IS...

Group Title : Gravity Corp.
CEO : Byung Gon,Jung
Founded : April 1, 2000
Business Area : Game Software Development and Online Contents Production
Person in Development : 75 persons
Address : 5,6FL Shingu Building, 620-2 Shinsa-Dong, Gangnam-Gu, Seoul, Korea
Company URL : www.gravity.co.kr (Korean/Japanese/English)
Tel : +82-2- 516-5438 (# voice 126)
Fax : +82-2- 3442-7097
The Official Website of `Ragnarok Online'&bsp;: http://www.ragnarok.co.kr

Wow, 75 person, at least one person would be good for something to the English users.

I'll post more a little later...
Chibi-Bar

Since: 04-16-02

Since last post: 7459 days
Last activity: 7416 days
Posted on 06-26-02 09:01 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
that is true.. then again we are trying to compare "typical business" structure.. so far many people have disagree or disapprove the way Gravity run their business.. since most try to compare with other MMORPG type game companies.. but they might decide to pool all their resources to Beta 2... who knows..

--------------------
Chibi-Bar

Your Local Merchant on Chaos/Loki
Aisu

Since: 06-26-02

Since last post: 7556 days
Last activity: 7551 days
Posted on 06-26-02 09:54 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
The way it looks like...

It's a very small company...

So it's possible...

..but still, 75 members is a lot.

DaiSHi

Since: 05-03-02

Since last post: 7367 days
Last activity: 7367 days
Posted on 06-27-02 05:01 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
even one of 75 doing some half-assed attempt at stopping botters would be better than nothing... ::sigh:: excuse the language if you've been offended by it

--------------------
Loki: DaiSHi 48/35 swordman, H.O.L.Y.Merchant OC, Robbin'Hood 37/27 Thief, HOLYFistsOfFury 28/20 puncholyte
16895 exp and counting...
Flower girls are the cutest... but not as cute as my Tina
Ysuki

Since: 05-03-02

Since last post: 7922 days
Last activity: 7914 days
Posted on 06-27-02 09:22 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
You can't disconnect most bots now as I see anyway so pointless.
Chibi-Bar

Since: 04-16-02

Since last post: 7459 days
Last activity: 7416 days
Posted on 06-27-02 05:20 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
yea.. unfortunately.. this action relies on the GM of the game.. if they just wander around in the hotspot and spot bots (it is not that hard) and just insta-perma-ban them... then you might see some decrease..

heck.. I only play like 1 hour a day if luck.. I can personally (if I had the power) to ban 20-30 bots in less than 10 min ^^;

--------------------
Chibi-Bar

Your Local Merchant on Chaos/Loki
Pages: 1 2Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Anyone knows how to crash botter? |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.011 seconds.