Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
05-03-24 10:41 AM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Why we need this: |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 03-25-02

Since last post: 7990 days
Last activity: 7942 days
Posted on 06-15-02 12:59 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
First, for the record, the submissions thread is NOT deleted at MerchantGuild.net, on the contrary, this idea now has the support of one of their moderators!! The submissions link is: http://www.merchantguild.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=3d0a84284314ffff;act=ST;f=6;t=889

Once again, I’ll put cross-linking to this thread from other boards. I hope you all realize how much of my time I’ve put into this over the last few days, because I’ve got to check EVERY board. I don’t respond to everything that I would like to, but I DO read them all. Yes, even those who disagree. (And then there’s the proxy server I’m forced to use on ixga.com….. but, whatever….)

http://www.merchantguild.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=3d0a85374410ffff;act=ST;f=6;t=991
http://www.ixga.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6365
http://forums.ragnaroksource.com/viewtopic.php?p=39442#39442
http://www.future-ragnarok.com/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi?s=3d0a85a755bfffff;act=ST;f=4;t=92
http://www.libraryofprontera.com/cgi-bin/ib/ikonboard.cgi?s=3d0a8161408fffff;act=ST;f=1;t=1247
http://www.castledragmire.com/ragnarok/forums/thread.php?id=353

This is why something is needed:

Information flow.

Has anyone noticed that before now, we had no idea that they were actually focused on Beta II? We actually have gotten more info than ever because of this little bit of nervousness. We know that Christy is being overworked, and over worried, another pertinent bit of info. Almost the entirety of our information over here in America comes straight from Korean websites. And all of the information coming from us is direct from emails – THOUSANDS of emails.

People, people, you must understand that I am not advocating an attack, or something to force Gravity’s hand in matters. Ok, I did use some strong words the first time I posted, and I take them back. Gravity is NOT mocking us, or even ignoring us. But somewhere from God-Poing’s mouth to our brain, info is getting hijacked.

One big issue is that this council will speak for the English Community, and most people do not really understand what that means. It does not mean that your voice will be silenced!! You will have the same exact amount of say that you have now – English@gravity.co.kr.

But we as a whole will have more say, not in what is done – I have no problems with that, but in what is heard, by them, and by us. They have balked on key decisions also, and I would really like to get some answers. One of them is the bot issue – are they working on a bot fix? I honestly don’t care if they are or aren’t – I would just like to know if they are thinking about it, and what their ideas are.

Another issue is this: http://www.merchantguild.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=3d0a7bba3a29ffff;act=ST;f=6;t=836

An upstanding member of the MerchantGuild.net has been banned for using a bot. Feel free to browse whichever forums you like, and I guarantee there is a posting there by someone who doesn’t deserve to be banned. I also guarantee that someone there does deserve to be banned, but that is another issue.

Another: http://forums.ragnaroksource.com/viewtopic.php?t=4855

Someone is banishing bots at a whim? While their motives and use may be honorable, should they really have this amount of power – that is, should EVERYONE have this amount of power? Because right now you can do the exact same thing that this person is doing. Go and read any forum, and you will quickly notice that many people are getting banned for absolutely no reason, or for very silly ones. Some probably deserve it, but I personally believe that if only one or two are innocent, then it is worth it to have all of them free.

Here’s a good one: http://www.libraryofprontera.com/cgi-bin/ib/ikonboard.cgi?s=3d0a8161408fffff;act=ST;f=1;t=1186

Why haven’t they told us about this? I’m not saying they should be busting their butts to create it, but to just KNOW it is in the works would ease many people’s minds!!

More, and more people are getting jaded over RO, not really over the game, but over the company. No MMORPG is going to succeed without a healthy community to back it, especially English RO – where most of the people playing found out about it by way of word of mouth!

Does Gravity care? Probably.
Would they do something to help? Maybe.
Can we get them to? I don’t know.

But if we all throw in together and support each other, there will be no reason for them not to take us seriously, because we ARE serious. Serious about testing their game for them, and serious about helping them make it the biggest MMO on earth. I don’t know about you, but I would be much more willing to work for a group of people who are willing to dedicate their time into helping me, than to work for a bunch of whiny children. I have been told not to grow jaded, and I’m doing my best not to, but I am serious about this, and I know many of you are just as serious as I – just look at all of the fan sites there are, and the time and effort put into them!! The cross-linking I have are just a few of the main ones, there are easily over fifty sites, and that isn’t including Korean/Japanese fan sites either.

As I said before, this is really going to separate RO from the rest, not the game itself, (which is looking more and more amazing every day) but it’s MMO – the online community.

Once again, I’m sending out this plea: Who will dedicate their time into community support? Just take a moment to write your name on the list: http://www.merchantguild.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=3d0a84284314ffff;act=ST;f=6;t=889
Even if it is just to say, “Hey, this is a good idea, and I hope someone can pull it together!”

--------------------
Get entranced.

(edited by Insante on 06-14-02 08:01 PM)
Quanta

Since: 04-09-02

Since last post: 7746 days
Last activity: 7499 days
Posted on 06-15-02 08:41 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
You're misguided in thinking Gravity is the cause of the problem, or that they are the ones with the solution. Gravity cannot alter the behavior of others in a way that would make them less evil...all that Gravity can do is patch whatever they can in the source code to reduce the problems that bots and other hacks cause, nothing more. This game has been designed with the intention of encouraging community and team play...therefore, it is imperative that the members of that community treat others with a certain level of dignity and respect if the game is to succeed in any corner of the world. With the "open door" policy on the International Service, however, people from all corners of the world are allowed to intermix with one another...while it is a good idea that the peoples of the world should be coming together, many from all corners of the globe have taken this opportunity to create prejudice and hate against others...this spreads the community quite thin as some agree, others don't, or some wish not to involve themselves in such matters...combine that with many different nationalities playing the same game on the same service, and you're lucky that there's a sense of a good and thriving community at all.

The bad hackers out there have created bots and hacks that exploit weaknesses in the program...however, they haven't the slightest understanding as to how a "mere game" and it's community can have such importance to so many people, and that comes from a complete lack of imagination. I'm sure that many of them can program and hack circles around a lot of the more "experienced" programmers, but to do so requires very little imagination--it's all technical knowledge that they've gathered from hacking and programming. A lot of imagination was required to create the Ragnarok Manga, and a lot of imagination was required to create the game Ragnarok Online...both achievements are no doubt beyond the scope of these individuals, or they would have applied themselves to their own creativity long before they found RO. And sure, they may be able to PROGRAM the game, but without any imagination to connect with the characters or the world which these characters exist in, they will never care about it's fate, and in the end, they will come to encounter another, much like themselves, but that person will be far more superior than they are (I mean, kids are learning faster and faster these days, so what hackers accomplish at 16-20 now will be surpassed by a younger generation well before the age of 16...why do you think some courses that were university-level are taught in high school now? . The same thing doesn't necessarily go for the users of their work though...power has been tempting men and women for centuries, and a chance to gain it in RO is no exception, for even though it's only a "mere game", and thus ficticious in nature, the community and it's people are real, so there is still the chance that a person may or may not be corrupted by power...we've all felt that we've wanted to be dominant at some point in our lives...a "mere game" just might be what is needed to some people.

RO will never fly until the people in the community start using their conscience and stop using hacks/bots, and DEFINATELY won't fly until everyone in the community comes closer together...and right now, the community includes Americans, Canadians, Thais, Koreans, Japanese, Chinese, Germans, Russians, French, English, Spanish, Australians, and anyone else that I might have left out (I apologize)...if we all hate and distaste one another, and don't WANT to be in the same community, then RO is already dead...simple as that.

Until we all come together, defeat prejudice, and ignore the differences of others, RO will always be terrible...but I continue to play, waiting patiently for that one day where we'll be a truly good community of people...and I'll tell you this--Gravity can't patch THAT into the game, so if you're waiting for them to do it, you're wasting every second you spend waiting on them. Thank you for reading this long post.

--------------------
AlainCh

Since: 06-05-02

Since last post: 7618 days
Last activity: 7617 days
Posted on 06-15-02 11:10 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I agree with both of you.

it seems that we ALL care for
Being different human being means only that we care and we use our brain obtaining diffrent solutions ... or we give diffrent interpretation.

Yes, we should help Gravity. how .,.. it's up to them to tell us...
If they want we're here ! ! ! !

AlainCh ( but we CANT force them to accept our help

PS: you forgot French people living in Italy ... working in London
Insante

Posted on 06-16-02 03:22 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I think this is your main hunting grounds Quanta, so...

Mad propz, thanks a lot!!

RO will never fly until the people in the community start using their conscience and stop using hacks/bots, and DEFINATELY won't fly until everyone in the community comes closer together...and right now, the community includes Americans, Canadians, Thais, Koreans, Japanese, Chinese, Germans, Russians, French, English, Spanish, Australians, and anyone else that I might have left out (I apologize)...if we all hate and distaste one another, and don't WANT to be in the same community, then RO is already dead...simple as that.

--------------------
Get entranced.
Tyrlan

Since: 03-16-02

Since last post: 7547 days
Last activity: 7516 days
Posted on 06-16-02 05:29 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Not everyone hates and had distaste for one another... I personly don't base general hatered on where someone comes from, how they talk, or even how they look. I like to base it on actions, and not actions in general (like this whole thai's debate/hatred) but the actions of 1 person affects how I will react to them latter in the game. I played RO at really wierd times (because of my nighttime work daytime sleep) so I was usally up with the other half of the world. I met a lot of great people, and some not so great ones.

The problem that RO has is that for all it's attempts to get people to interact, you don't have to. You can solo the whole game, and people WANT to, in general, from what i've seen. They don't want your help, or even someone to talk to. They want to go out, kill things alone (getting the max exp) and level. Now with the grouping mobs and other things in beta2 the grouping aspect of RO will be greatly improved, but there still is a few things lacking from it that will be needed to make groups in game useful. Guild's would help a TON towards a in game community.
Arc Roacheford

Since: 06-16-02

Since last post: 7955 days
Last activity: 7955 days
Posted on 06-16-02 07:07 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Greeting I'm Arc
I and everyone will very please if the world (RO) no bots no hack .It will be great but....the problem is how to convince them...

Arc Roacheford
(Dark Lucifer the Wizard of Dark Element)

--------------------
End of the dark one will return peace to the world
Insante

Posted on 06-18-02 01:29 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
That's an excellent website, but I think you might be coming on a bit too strong. I'd suggest placing a mention on my submissions link, and let the people decide if that sort of thing is what they want. I'd also suggest getting in contact with that Pinkerton fellow. He seems to be the only one around with the right idea... I definitely came on a bit too strong with the whole 'we gotta have a leader' deal.

--------------------
Get entranced.

(edited by Insante on 06-17-02 08:31 PM)
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Why we need this: |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.017 seconds.