Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-26-24 06:52 AM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - Programming/reverse engineering discussion - n00b here.. |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 06-18-02

Since last post: 7749 days
Last activity: 7778 days
Posted on 06-18-02 03:48 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
just curious for more information you all have. i'm from ixga (not that it really matters).

(numbered for organization)
1. is this code open source? is there somewhere i can download it, or do i need to be trusted first?
2. i read about making your own beta, can u actually do that? do u have enough of the code to replicate another RO beta?
3. if u need help with stuff i'm pretty good with VB and C++, i haven't used either lately, but i'm still good with it.
4. if u get to read this sasami, i agreed with your decision.

--------------------
~weapon01
site: dkoro.cjb.net
Cleff

Since: 05-19-02

Since last post: 7888 days
Last activity: 7956 days
Posted on 06-18-02 04:01 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Good to see you here (You should very well know who I am........or maybe not )

--------------------
I'm sigless
weapon01

Posted on 06-18-02 06:06 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
hi cleff, yes i know you

--------------------
~weapon01
DaiSHi

Since: 05-03-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7358 days
Last activity: 7358 days
Posted on 06-18-02 09:55 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by weapon01
just curious for more information you all have. i'm from ixga (not that it really matters).

(numbered for organization)
1. is this code open source? is there somewhere i can download it, or do i need to be trusted first?
2. i read about making your own beta, can u actually do that? do u have enough of the code to replicate another RO beta?
3. if u need help with stuff i'm pretty good with VB and C++, i haven't used either lately, but i'm still good with it.
4. if u get to read this sasami, i agreed with your decision.

1. which code are you talking about?
2. well.. it's not going to look exactly like rag, due to copyright issues... we don't have the source code that the servers have, so we'll just have to make our own based on the packets we know about... kinda like making up a word problem that'll have an answer we already know. however, things like determining dmg and hit %, we'd hafta make up ourselves...

4. i dunno if sasami will be reading this

--------------------
Loki: DaiSHi 48/35 swordman, H.O.L.Y.Merchant OC, Robbin'Hood 37/27 Thief, HOLYFistsOfFury 28/20 puncholyte
14505 exp and counting...
Flower girls are the cutest... but not as cute as my Tina
sakura

Since last post: 7442 days
Last activity: 7442 days
Posted on 06-19-02 12:40 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Hey weapon,
welcome aboard

I like to help too, but the thing is, I don't know much about programming. All I have to say is Good Luck to you all. Hope it becomes success
DaiSHi

Posted on 06-19-02 12:43 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
thanx sakura. too bad i'm probably not helping out on it, since i only know a bit of java and still i wouldn't able to contribute much. i just hope i can help out with the testing... looking for bugs and giving new ideas
btw. sakura is one of my favorite japanese names ^^

--------------------
Loki: DaiSHi 48/35 swordman, H.O.L.Y.Merchant OC, Robbin'Hood 37/27 Thief, HOLYFistsOfFury 28/20 puncholyte
14655 exp and counting...
weapon01

Posted on 06-19-02 02:27 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
yea.. i don't know what code i'm talking about either. basically i was wondering how this all works. i'm a bit confused. heard about the grf extractions.. don't know what it is.

umm.. my bad about that new thread. got confused with the buttons :-\

--------------------
~weapon01
DaiSHi

Posted on 06-19-02 09:53 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by weapon01
yea.. i don't know what code i'm talking about either. basically i was wondering how this all works. i'm a bit confused. heard about the grf extractions.. don't know what it is.

umm.. my bad about that new thread. got confused with the buttons :-\

well... maybe you were talking about the ragexe.exe... but that only really deals with the user interface, grafics, and data input/output. it takes our input and sends the packets to the servers, and it takes in packets and turns it into what we see... every attack and spell cast and movement.

the .grf files contain all the pictures and maps used in the game, and other files that our computers can run rather than the servers, in order to save time (such as checking for profanity) there is a grf extracter on the programs page, and you can use it to take a look inside the grfs yourself. however, it's not working with beta2's data.grf. i hope that didn't confuse you.
and don't worry about the thread... a mod can move or edit if need be

--------------------
15060 exp and counting...
weapon01

Posted on 06-21-02 08:05 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
i think i understand. so from the grf's you are able to get the information u need to be able to send data to your own program and RO.

and yes.. i figure that beta2 would be different. but who knows when it will actually show up. (yes i know its supposed to be here sometime next month, but i doubt we'll hear about it again till august).

hmm.. mind if i ask you a few more things? well.. i'll tell u them anyway and u answer them if u wish. lol.

- - do u make external prog's that run with RO, or do u manipulate rag.exe itself? and what language do u use?

- - how advanced is this grf extractor? are there different ones? ..if u know this, who made the first one and how was it made? ..or is it just filtering some sort of text packets..

i'm new to this.. sorry bout the questions.

--------------------
~weapon01
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - Programming/reverse engineering discussion - n00b here.. |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.023 seconds.