Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-28-24 03:37 PM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Anarchy? | Thread closed
Pages: 1 2Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 04-28-02

Since last post: 7981 days
Last activity: 7969 days
Posted on 06-21-02 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Tyrlan
Pragma: Hehe I just picked up that book (Programming RPG's with DirectX) and spent the last day skimming it, as I don't have time to dive into making a full game right now. It's got a lot of good pointers and examples in there and just the section on how to do a design document( basicly if you have an idea for a game and want to pitch it) was a really interesting read. There's a few more books in this *** with DirectX series, I know 1 covers a lot of 3D effects and the fancy real time graphics.

I was thinking of getting that book, or maybe the other called "isometric game programming with directX 7.0" because I wanted to make a rpg with a isometric view (kinda like ff tactics) but.... I guess maybe I need both.
Now, the problem is:
a) they are expensive (alot I might add)
b) i cant find them in any bookstore so I must count on the internet to order them
c) in direct consequence of a and b, shipping orders from usa trough amazon cost enough to work in slavery for the next months (either that or sell a lung......).

so....anyone know of a decent (european) site with the possibility of containing any of these books?
thanks in advance.

*goes to sell lung*

--------------------
Do you want to be my friend? ...

Kyokushin-ka

Since: 05-02-02

Since last post: 7948 days
Last activity: 7981 days
Posted on 06-21-02 10:45 PM
Ha, if you think that's expensive, you should see my textbook recipts.

College == slavery; //in some way form or fashion

...if you are a college student, you can get your bookstore to order them for up to 40% off, or you can pay for them with unsubstidized student loans and government allowences.

As for the anarchy part; yah, I know this site's more or less dead, but I still come here for some good chat, I don't see people spamming.

(edited by Kyokushin-ka on 06-21-02 05:46 PM)
Akute Psyko

Since: 06-05-02

Since last post: 7952 days
Last activity: 7998 days
Posted on 07-01-02 05:24 PM
the idea about making this site about wut ur interested in now is great... and leave a lil section for us ragnarok folks.... =D

Just put a few trusted people in charge wen ur away..... theyll manage the forum....

my post count maybe low... but i always thought you were one of the few well-known people that has actually been nice to the ro community... i mean... youre goodbye alone beats joethedude and watashiwas goodbyes..... =D

at least you didnt make a page full of cuss words saying youre leaving... thats good enuff fo me.... a large part of the ro community will miss you... but i guess this is all your decision... you can always come back to this lil part of the forums and say hello...

Peace!

--------------------
-Akute Psyko
Quanta

Since: 04-09-02

Since last post: 7742 days
Last activity: 7494 days
Posted on 07-04-02 02:31 PM
Well if you don't like the game anymore, and the community is even worse, then you're probably better off taking the site down. For me, I stick around 'cause I like the game...the community and the politics of said community make me quite nauseous, and I wish both would improve, but so far that hasn't happened. I'm hoping that beta2 DOES come out this month...of course, the community opinion is probably "Hah! Yeah right! They don't care!"...bunch of morons in the community since beta1 began...I hardly expect this trend to change anytime soon; after all, all companies worldwide are soulless, greedy, blood-sucking evil empires, right?

--------------------
HunterSlayer

Since: 07-04-02

Since last post: 7968 days
Last activity: 7968 days
Posted on 07-04-02 08:26 PM
Ok...Im probably too much behind time for this...Im new too...But hey! If Ragnarok is really disturbing you, Sasami, And you dont have much time to focus on the forums/website, you could like it is mentionned by...forgot who... before, and just put the ragnarok part...one of the subjecs of the web page! If no one understand what i mean...I wont blame...Since when i was small, no one understands what i say, my feelings.If you really want to close the forums, but please dont close the site! If this site is gone...what do i do when im stuck??Stupid gravity dont think alot of us! I sended about 3 emails to gravity to get me IN the map.And i stupidly waited 2weeks, but im still stuck! Gravity cares most about their people, people of their country...(thats my opinion on them).Anyways, so i whent on my merchant and found this guy...forgot his name again! then he told me about this site...i tryed the "warptosave" and...i got my character back normal in just 5minutes!(cause i didnt know how to activate the program^^") Its a big help! Waiting for gravity to fix the stuffs is just stupid! they'll make you wait for a month until they remmember that you are stuck. So please...Keep the site + forum.

--------------------
-Your Friendly neiborhood HunterSlayer
Kaede_X

Since: 05-17-02

Since last post: 7938 days
Last activity: 7916 days
Posted on 07-05-02 07:47 AM
Ragnarok definately has not been my best experience with an online game or a game company. I understand your hatred for RO. I spend more time being disgusted with it lately then anything. The only reason I really play anymore is because I still have a few good friends on it. Daishi man, that's cool of you to offer to stay as mod. Honour is a rare trait these days. AzN pride and all that lol.

--------------------
Death is the best cure for stupidity..
zerodeals

Since: 08-03-02

Since last post: 7937 days
Last activity: 7782 days
Posted on 08-04-02 06:16 AM
ahhhh i wont survive without this forum now that RO is gone
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7360 days
Last activity: 7360 days
Posted on 08-04-02 02:59 PM
did you notice the date on this thread, the last post, and read the posts
Chibi-Bar

Since: 04-16-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7452 days
Last activity: 7409 days
Posted on 08-04-02 09:47 PM
sasami dear... you want people to read the thread date too?? (sarcasm) hehe...

I was shocked too when I saw this post get bumped back up hehe..

--------------------
Chibi-Bar

Your Local Merchant on Chaos/Loki
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7360 days
Last activity: 7360 days
Posted on 08-04-02 11:00 PM
*lock*
Pages: 1 2Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Anarchy? | Thread closed
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.012 seconds.