Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-27-24 01:35 PM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Sasami's MMORPG.. ? |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 07-15-02

Since last post: 7923 days
Last activity: 7957 days
Posted on 07-15-02 12:41 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Heya there..

Just wondering.. Is there any way i can get in contact with Sasami about her MMORPG.

Im really intrested in MMORPGs and would really like to get my foot in the door of a dev team building one.

If someone has her email address or somthing it would be great..

Thanks in advance - ^Meta^

Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7359 days
Last activity: 7359 days
Posted on 07-17-02 05:04 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
first time i've checked here in a month, I only posted here, 1 other post, and the front page... , don't expect another reply you may get one though, you never know. anyways...
The mmorpg has basically all been drawn out and i have started on developing the engine, I don't think the engine will be much of a problem. The real problem problem is art and sprites and all. I do have a dedicated staff to help me with the drawings and all but they have lives too I may set up an artwork submit page if anyone wants to put anything up (have to keep the rest of the site blocked though...) and use a disclaimer making the use of the picture or art legal by our company if a person posts it. I'll see about it. But for now I'm keeping it pretty quiet with my staff members.
Chibi-Bar

Since: 04-16-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7451 days
Last activity: 7408 days
Posted on 07-17-02 09:54 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
my g/f draws and is pretty good with photoshop and a bunch other art program.. even some 3d (once she get those program install) and might start learning lightwave...

I personally only good at "making quests" hehe.. I'm working on a mod for NWN..

also.. both of us are trying to make an online comic....

--------------------
Chibi-Bar

Your Local Merchant on Chaos/Loki
Tyrlan

Since: 03-16-02

Since last post: 7542 days
Last activity: 7510 days
Posted on 07-18-02 02:44 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Hmmm I guess i'll file my writeup for the setting/world/class's into the "future games" section of my HD Sasami if you need any storyline help feel free to drop me a line. Please remember to put in some kinda of guild system... also a player controled econ would rock.

I gotta agree with chibi-Bar: quests are a HUGE part of being able to play MMO's. They just seem so bland without them. Just look at the bunney hairband quest. And now there's a worker hat quest. need 100 (or something like that) Rare wood drops to make the hat >-(
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 07-18-02 04:13 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Oh don't you worry, there will be quests and the economy will be very dynamic. One so that the players could play it and earn lots of money with time.
Tyrlan

Since: 03-16-02

Since last post: 7542 days
Last activity: 7510 days
Posted on 07-18-02 03:50 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
*puts in a vote* Merchant guild, with a councial (has active players that also RP and hold general/closed meetings) that can dynamicly change the prices in all town shops (I.E. Tax's +/-) Bank system with changing interest rates. Quality of items/degrading over time and inspection teams for player run shops. Player run blackmarket/smuggling... ahhh brain start to run wild, must sleep

I really need to learn not to post right before I goto bed, spelling goes down the drain.
Kyokushin-ka

Since: 05-02-02

Since last post: 7947 days
Last activity: 7980 days
Posted on 07-18-02 06:26 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
One recommendation--remember the NPCs I've seen just about each and every single MUD get screwed because they don't have a large user base and have cruddy NPCs to make up for it.
^Meta^

Posted on 07-30-02 04:17 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
well.. Im a bit of an 3D artist.. well learning.. XD And some 2D as well. Doing a Dip at the moment I work with 3Dsmax and photoshop..

Would love to submit art if i was given the chance.

Thanks - Meta
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 07-30-02 08:02 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I already have a php script to allow my staff to upload art. It is tied into my forums and the script downloads the picture, creates a thumbnail, then has a master index people can browse, with info on all the pictures. The site won't be released though until the engine is done, and a lot more has been accomplished. This will however be a real mmorpg, not just a fan thing. So there will be terms up waiving all rights of the art to the company. Bleh, icky polotics and laws stuff. Setting up the company and all isn't going to be easy *sighs*
^Meta^

Posted on 07-30-02 09:28 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Would you be wanting the chatacters in 3D? Or a 3D - 2D mix like RO?
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 07-30-02 09:35 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
It will all be done via sprites, but often, rendering 3d models to 2d sprites gives better results.
[edit] erm, npcs items and such that arnt the static world will be sprites

(edited by Sasami on 07-30-02 04:35 PM)
^Meta^

Posted on 07-30-02 10:47 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Sounds really neat. I will be working on my character modeling a lot soon i think and ill see what i can come up with. Up untill now i have been doing static kinds of stuff.. Tanks.. Rooms..

Mainly Modeling not a lot of texturing exp.. But im still learning.. Mabey by the time the copywrite issues/engine is all up I might have progressed a bit further.

Mahou Seitou

Since: 08-02-02

Since last post: 7618 days
Last activity: 7618 days
Posted on 08-02-02 07:17 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Sasami is a great programmer (from what I see), wishing her all the best.
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Sasami's MMORPG.. ? |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.015 seconds.