Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Hello everyone |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 04-16-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7452 days
Last activity: 7409 days
Posted on 07-16-02 07:41 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
whew! AX was great.. too bad I did not get to meet any other RO people..

--------------------
Chibi-Bar

Your Local Merchant on Chaos/Loki
Tyrlan

Since: 03-16-02

Since last post: 7543 days
Last activity: 7511 days
Posted on 07-16-02 09:21 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
with 15,000 people around it was hard to find my close friends/people I meet every year... let alone look at every nametag to see if it was an RO player ;; Ohh well next year we will have to do a panel or something
Chibi-Bar

Posted on 07-16-02 10:05 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
yea.. there was a RO meeting on friday.. but I had other plans so I couldn't attend.. but I did dress up as a mage with my g/f (who was a swordswoman)

and we switch costume on sunday

--------------------
Chibi-Bar

Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7360 days
Last activity: 7360 days
Posted on 07-17-02 04:42 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
beta 2 was released today so i figured i'd check around and see what people where saying

hey chibi-bar, i caught dean and mary there! (you better know who they are ) yeah, ax was good, besides the AMV crap... i saw it on sunday... and was pretty dissapointed. I did enjoy the waste of 6 minutes and 35 seconds video however.
Tyrlan

Posted on 07-17-02 09:44 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Oh my god... the AMV's... I need to consult AX next year if they don't change something. Fanime con we at least keep the staff working and not taking picture of the people getting ready to riot. ;; Oh yea, I can't believe the videos that made it/didn't make it/ won. There were a LOT better vid's that didn't even make it into the finals. Oh well.

There was an RO meeting ?!? I didn't see anything posted about it, oh well like I said. There's always next year. Then again instead of an RO panel maybe it will just be a panel for Samami's MMO or just anime MMO's in general. *shrugs* too many posibility's.

Sasami: I'll post my beta2 review on the forum tomarrow or the next day (depends on if I work another 10 hour day ) Hehe my merchant already has 10 positive points... but well they don't show up in the status window. BTW havn't tested EXP viewer, but the bots only needs 2 more lines of code.
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 07-17-02 07:10 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I highly doubt any of my programs will work in it

Yeah, AX handled that horribly, they should have allowed everyone in and explained the situation when they where supposed to have started it. Akon wouldn't make those kinds of mistakes either AX is what it's called, Anime-Expo, more as an exibition for the companies than a convention for the fans.

And I highly doubt any of you will ever meet me, I have a thing about meeting people IRL that I know online. But hey, for those of you who have seen my picture, maybe you will catch me at a kon and surprise/scare the hell out of me
Chibi-Bar

Posted on 07-17-02 09:47 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Yea.. I didn't see them at AX.. but I saw them on Monday at Anime store in LA.. small world they were with Dorian and Christy it was fun.. I went to Curry house... I love it!! I wish there is one in Dallas

--------------------
Chibi-Bar

Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 07-17-02 10:48 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Wow! It is a small world O.o the chances of that happening....
Tyrlan

Posted on 07-17-02 11:30 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Yea would be fun to goto akon. Also next year is going to be insane for cons, because fanime is 2 weekends before AX ;; It used to be in late march/early april. I'm still trying to get them to move, but dosn't look like it will happen this year.

As for AX's AMV's. Officaly they couldn't let people into the theater, because they were testing videos on the screen, and well that might give an unfair advantage/preview to some vid's and not others. Also AX seems to have some of the most rude people in the world coming to it. Well not just rude, but impatiant. I mean for the 2 seconds of video they did show, people start cheering... and then when it stops everyone starts booing and throwing things again. Just look at all the geering and comments people yell out while people are trying to announce things. Maybe this is just something about anime fans in general, but it's still damn annoying.

For Fanime we've got an offical bullhorn this year... maybe i'll bring it to AX just in case.
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 07-18-02 03:23 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Ah, that makes more sense now the thing was though, if they had explained everything from the start, it wouldn't have been nearly as bad for everyone. It's the wait and the feeling of they are just ignoring you. I mean, I was cool with it, just stood around for the few hours with my friend in the large crowd. The throwing was innapropriate, especially the one that hit the screen, but apparently it's been done previos years and has sort of become a tradition. Akon is 4 weeks before AX, and we usually premier everything that AX "premiers" hehe. Myself and my friend hosted the AMG movie viewing last year, and got GXP for them this year, that didnt go to well hehe. In general, anime fans may be annoying and loud, but they wouldn't hurt a fly Bull horn... good idea :-D
Tyrlan

Posted on 07-18-02 03:49 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Some traditions just need to die... *points to yelling for chair that started at fanime*

I guess you were further back in the crowd, I was okay where I was standing. (except the guys kid needing to go the bathroom *chuckles*) But my GF was up towards the front and was fearing getting caught between the 2 groups that were ready to storm the building... yea those ones yelling a lot. So i'm kinda pissed about AX because of that, as I don't like hearing about people I care about being crushed and such. But everyone was alright, so can't be too mad.

Premier's are an interesting thing at cons. Gianax(sp?) brought over their new TV series (the one with the big long name) and let fanime show the first 2 eps. It was litterly days after showing in japan, so that was cool. I think con's need to stop compeating over premier's and just start giving them to all the cons so more people can see it.
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 07-18-02 04:19 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I was not aware it got that bad O.o I was near the back of the large crowd.
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Hello everyone |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.013 seconds.