Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-28-24 11:11 AM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - To DaSHi - please read |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 07-16-02

Since last post: 7954 days
Last activity: 7956 days
Posted on 07-16-02 07:54 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Hey, nice avitar! If you really wanted to use it as YOUR avitar, you could have at least ASKED me [Crazy D from ragnaroksource forums] nicely, I would have let you. I reeeeealy don't take kindly to ppl taking credit for stuff I put some work into, even if it is indirectly credited.

How can I lay claim to it?? Gifs allow the author to name-stamp it [mine was per frame]...rename it as a *.txt file and search for this string [or just "Danek"]: "Don't Steal J.Danek's Avitars!"...It was in "your's" as of this posting date. Take it out, I don't care, Munak's burning your underwear! I'll consider you coding an EXP viewer for Beta2 a fair trade for usage of that gif. If you can code it, send it to me & share with all.

BTW - I am the real J Danek. I put that pic up on my webspace June/9/02 at 10pm...and its still there.
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7360 days
Last activity: 7360 days
Posted on 07-17-02 07:05 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
... maybe he didn't known you are the one who had made it and didn't know how to contact the author...
Chibi-Bar

Since: 04-16-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7452 days
Last activity: 7409 days
Posted on 07-17-02 09:50 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
also a lot of graphics tend to get "stolen" all the time.. heck my g/f just found an art that she had on her webpage that she made on a t-shirt selling on Ebay...

but since it was a "re-work/altered" art.. there is not much she can do. but the seller did take it off Ebay

--------------------
Chibi-Bar

Your Local Merchant on Chaos/Loki
DaiSHi

Since: 05-03-02

Posted on 07-18-02 07:17 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
first off... if u ask for respect, please respect others by learning how to spell their names. 6 letters isn't very hard to get right. second, i never directly or indirectly claimed the gif as my own. i have never said, "hey, look at the avatar i made" or even used a possessive pronoun to describe it as far as i can remember. if you did create it, good for you, i like it. if you want, i'll take it down to appease you like the world tried to appease hitler. i'll just put my old munak avatar up. no difference to me. if you look around, not everyone makes their own gifs for avatars or pix for sigs. lacking any artistic/musical talent, i don't bother trying anything more difficult than my simple sig. anyways, the source code for an xp viewer would hardly be a considerable trade for a simple gif.

--------------------
Loki: DaiSHi 48/35 swordman, H.O.L.Y.Merchant OC, Robbin'Hood 37/27 Thief, HOLYFistsOfFury 28/20 puncholyte
21791 exp and counting...
Flower girls are the cutest... but not as cute as my Tina
pragma7

Since: 04-26-02

Since last post: 7831 days
Last activity: 7844 days
Posted on 07-18-02 02:09 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I hate to sound like the copyright police here...but, it has to be said. Neither Dashi nor Danek can lay claim to this little bit. The copyright laws for software in the US are based on Protection of knowledge (can't duplicate the code), and conceptual protection (cant duplicate the idea(s) ). This would fall under that second one, and if any party would seak to gain a profit from that picture, you could be looking at a hefty fine and possible prison time.

And for those of you who are saying "But Gravity is in Korea", it doesn't matter. They've released the game to US residents, and set up the server for the game somewhere in California, I believe. Once the game is in the US, a US copyright of some sort is required. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here, but I don't think I am .

-Rob
Chibi-Bar

Since: 04-16-02

Since last post: 7452 days
Last activity: 7409 days
Posted on 07-18-02 08:10 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
but Daishi is not claiming anything you are right about the copy right. it would belong to Gravity

You could file under "fanart" but the original person would have to create the icon from scratch

--------------------
Chibi-Bar

Your Local Merchant on Chaos/Loki
Danek

Since: 07-16-02

Since last post: 7954 days
Last activity: 7956 days
Posted on 07-19-02 04:36 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I never said I held the copywrite...I just said that I don't like to have my 'work' show w/o any credit to me. He could of at least put it on his own webspace instead of leaching from mine...even if it is unlim transfer/month. Thats really the biggest problem I have, but I could't add that till now as per the dumb forum presets. Enjoy munak30.gif now.
DaiSHi

Since: 05-03-02

Posted on 07-20-02 03:05 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by Danek
I never said I held the copywrite...I just said that I don't like to have my 'work' show w/o any credit to me. He could of at least put it on his own webspace instead of leaching from mine...even if it is unlim transfer/month. Thats really the biggest problem I have, but I could't add that till now as per the dumb forum presets. Enjoy munak30.gif now.

first off, i'm glad the forums are back to normal. i accidentally hit enter after typing in my pw, so i didn't get to write what i wanted and i couldn't reply again...
back to my point:
come to think of it.... i DO credit the work to you, not to me. contrary to what you say, i would be taking the credit if i hosted it on my own site. i gave you credit by using the original source for the url. So when someone goes to see where it came from, they'll see "oh, it's danek's."

--------------------
Loki: DaiSHi 47/37 swordman, H.O.L.Y.Merchant OC
22411 exp and counting...
Flower girls are the cutest... but not as cute as my Tina

(edited by DaiSHi on 07-26-02 11:23 AM)
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - To DaSHi - please read |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.011 seconds.