04-29-24 09:18 AM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - RO Villains. |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 07-27-02

Since last post: 7917 days
Last activity: 7914 days
Posted on 07-27-02 09:34 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
YAY! I finally got here. Couldn't since our main page WAS hacked and well... changed.

Anyways, tragedy over. I HAVE AN RPING EVENT!

It's so far it has recieved quite a bit of support. People know it will work much like I do.

So lets cut to the chase and let me show you my event idea.

------------------------------------------------
(quote)
I realize that the community is not ready yet to accept player made town invasions or random attacks.

I have found an ideal way of using this idea in making it a real plan palpable to all groups.

NEWSFLASH!

GOVENOR/KING-&-QUEEN OF (Insert Morroc/Prontera/Payon) HAS BEEN TAKEN HOSTAGE IN THEIR OWN CASTLE!

An unknown group of partisans has demanded that the current government is unable to properly meet the needs of the people with the devastating attacks unleashed upon it since The Great Change(beta1 big town invasions b4 change to beta2)!

Their demand for a new government and mobilization of funds must be met in order to counter the rising evil! (in essence a very tyranical and brutal communist country).

They ask the populace for their support for protection from their own army (having posting a great perimeter around the town).

Oh! What will we do?! The King and Queen have been such generous rulers to their people, but how could they have responded to the lightening attacks of the enemy?! A Town meeting is now commencing at the City Hall/Town Square in picking heroes to liberate our King and Queen!

Who amongst you shall save them?

THe mechanics is as follows.

*The Partisans will layout their own monster floorplan inside the castle.

*The hostages will be semi-newbie characters with names "King_of_(town)" & "Queen_of_(town)"

*The area held by the hostages will be free of monsters so we the hostages won't die.

*When the heroes who are fortunate enough to save the monarchs, the head honcho of the villain will spout out a few monologues in typical comic book villain fashion.

*The heroes save the hostages by teleporting out in any fashion they want with acoloyte spell or Wing of Butterfly. Only two capable of doing that.

*Not necessary to clear each room but would be nice.

*People just outside the entrances to the castle will post up warnings: Enter At Own Risk

*People will be herded into the town hall or town square (whihc will be planned ahead, duh) and give a small summary of the above, essentially asking who will come to save the king and queen?

*A team of players will be nominated to clear the castle when the event is over.

*It is possible to stage MULTIPLE hostage take-overs at all the castles so we can make the event seem more epic and accessible to everyone.

*When the hostages are free they will be moved to the Town Square/Town Hall and recognize the heroes and reward them.

*It'd be nice if their are dirt cheap services for healing were at the event.

Low-down on this event?

-Only people who volunteer will be effected.
-Another big event to get the RO community together.
-There will be warnings just outside the castle entrances to minimize accidents.
-We have a new nemesis amongst the RO community we can actually roleplay against by taking these monsters to virtually not-so-trafficked areas.

Ideas for other places to try it to "follow" the villains to their lair is the assassin temple, and the church east of yoyo field.

Anymore non-inhabited areas are viable as well. Maybe the whole town of Alberta since it's nearly a ghost town? (just kidding)

Please don't shoot this idea down because I'm a "Lamer". I tried my best to accomidate everyone's stances and I hope this will infact unite the RO community.

Much planning will be needed on:
-how we get the news out
-How we'll set the monster up
-and providing a big prize enough to get anyone to join. Crown? Card? 1mill zenny? It should be discussed a lot.

As I post this I will send this post to my guild, and if anyone can, provide me links to your guilds as well so we can spread the idea more.
(end quote)
--------------------------------------

I've already got this posted and e-mailed on half a dozen sites to get the word out. Right now I'm in the process of finding people who want to take roles.

Arch Villain: To give the last monologue before he warps out as the first heroes enter the room with the hostage monarchy.

Henchmen: To slow and spawn a few more monsters. A limit of monsters needs to be planned for each room in the location the event takes place.

Guards: to warn people at the entrances of castle

King & Queen: TO act like a hostage and congratulate the hero and present the prize.

Town Criers: To gather the people in the townsquare/townhall and basically summarize the situation and call for everyone to help. Basically give the GO! for everyone to go in.

I'll choose a main villain amongst all the people who want to be a badguy when I get a script going.

I'm thinking of keeping it to one castle(more than likely Prontera). Also this is my first time doing any event, yet not my first time brainstorming one though. So I might only have the will to get this on Chaos server only. The event can be mimicked on the other server on a later date I suppose, but if I get a lot of help organizing it'll more than likely be possible to get it there.

Anyways, thank you for your time and I hope to see you when this goes off. ~_^

Ysuki

Since: 05-03-02

Last activity: 7908 days
Posted on 07-27-02 10:40 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Now how could you teleport out of the house using wings of butterfly? Only aco's can use teh warp skill's to get out.
Khalimon

Posted on 07-27-02 11:27 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Really? I need to try that. Well, I guess you could *try* to get them out without them getting killed. Adds a bit of spice to the quest I suppose... MUA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! Teleporting out would be the most easy solution of getting the heck out.
Ysuki

Last activity: 7908 days
Posted on 07-28-02 04:37 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
You can't use wings in house. I got stuck in a house black hole and I couldn't use wings. Happened 2 times. Mostly from the Morroc and Orc warps.

(edited by Ysuki on 07-27-02 11:37 PM)
DaiSHi

Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7361 days
Last activity: 7361 days
Posted on 07-28-02 04:47 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
the idea sounds very interesting... which server will this be on? i'm too lazy to go back and read the whole thing again. i can bring around my aco to do some heals if necessary...

--------------------
Loki: DaiSHi 47/37 future knight, H.O.L.Y.Merchant OC
24304 exp and counting...
Flower girls are the cutest... but not as cute as my Tina
current anime: cowboy bebop
next anime : hack.sign
past anime : fushigi yuugi
Khalimon

Posted on 07-29-02 07:57 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
This is my first time doing an event, so Chaos for now. Maybe Loki if it goes well on Chaos.

After this event I might try a follow-up a month after.
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - RO Villains. |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.009 seconds.