Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-29-24 09:19 AM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Can't quit RO cold turkey; need alternatives |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 07-28-02

Since last post: 7945 days
Last activity: 7861 days
Posted on 07-28-02 02:01 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Well, sasami has another fan who's eagerly anticipating the development of what sounds like a very well thought out mmorpg.

I'm an RO player at the moment, but I'm looking to end that. I'm not one for putting up with a bad experience just because someone's trying to get something tested. Well, not *this* bad of an experience.

I've been with RO since the middle of the english alpha test, and I have to say, it *could* be my favorite game ever. As for whining but not quitting, well, it *is* an addiction, actually. Addictions take work to break, and if you don't realize it's an addiction, you have even more problems.

I personally am looking for a way to get out of RO; this week has been the last straw for me. (excuse me while I complain for just a short paragraph)

The game has always (well, usually) been playable until this point; I could chat with people, wander the world, fight with my party, etc. Even with lots of looters, rude people, cheaters, etc., you could ignore the bad and enjoy the good. Now, however, they've doubled the world size, and subsequently doubled their number of clients, without increasing the number of computers that run it all. Lag is literally and constantly crippling now several maps, and connection problems are increasingly frequent.

*Anyway*, I for some unknown reason I wasn't accepted into the Shining Force test, and haven't been impressed by most commercial mmorpgs such as EQ or DAoC. From what I've seen of Sasami on the various forums, I have faith that there is now a quality product in it's developing stages, so I'll be keeping an eye in this direction.

I know such things take time, however. ^^ In the meantime, I figure this forum is a good place to ask disenfrancized RO players what they've found for substitutes in the MMORPG world.

Any suggestions?

--------------------
If I knew what I was doing, it wouldn't be research.
Tyrlan

Since: 03-16-02

Since last post: 7543 days
Last activity: 7512 days
Posted on 07-28-02 07:36 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I'll post links latter...

E&B (Earth and Beyond) is a great space based MMO. Westwood is deving it and all you have to do is sign up for the beta. They are going to send up with 18,000+ testers by the end of beta. They are adding them in groups of about 1000 a month so you've got really good chances of getting in.

Also Pristontale is another MMO from korea. They released the english client for the closed beta, but it seems that almost all the english accounts were/are activated into the closed beta. Around 1,200 users right now so it's got a nice small and helpfull community.

http://www.betawatcher.com/#main is a useful site if your interested in testing games.
DaiSHi

Since: 05-03-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7361 days
Last activity: 7361 days
Posted on 07-28-02 07:37 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
well... if you're looking for mmorps, there's always shining lore (if you signed up) prison tales, dungeon siege, etc.
i heard neverwinter nights was a good game, so i'll try that later when i fix my comp.

--------------------
Loki: DaiSHi 47/37 future knight, H.O.L.Y.Merchant OC
24971 exp and counting...
Flower girls are the cutest... but not as cute as my Tina
current anime: cowboy bebop
next anime : hack.sign
past anime : fushigi yuugi
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Can't quit RO cold turkey; need alternatives |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.011 seconds.