Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
05-05-24 12:26 PM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Well, after the recent new.. |
Pages: 1 2Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 07-17-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7631 days
Last activity: 7963 days
Posted on 08-03-02 04:56 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
That's exactly why a lot of people (like Sasami) quit. To us, it's illogical that they could fix bugs on 6 servers in Korea and not come and just quickly fix it on ours too. To them, it was jus better for them if they left us alone cuz it was too much of a hastle to fix it. Sasami even pointed out their faults and glitcehs in theri code for crying out loud. They just didn't do it. Why? People have their speculations but I believe it's just a pain for them and with opening of new servers, business deals, advertising, testing and fixing bugs on other servers and the RO client itself, we were just deemed expendable and our server was terminated.
Mahou Seitou

Since: 08-02-02

Since last post: 7626 days
Last activity: 7626 days
Posted on 08-03-02 05:15 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
They do have to fix bugs faster when people P2P,
The thing is... if this is the way they are dealing with Int server, they're gonna repeat the same mistake again with their new servers. (Human language aside, coding uses all the same stuff.. which am not good at I should admit, despite being partially programmer trained ) I was fascinated by the presentation languages more as I actually feel I am more of a linguist.
*eck.. them and their lightEning bolt"
(This incident spurred me more to learn korean.. cause it seems that a lot of the things they do stems from their culture, unfortunately, there's not much place offering the language in my country)
Like.. one reason they absolutely "refused" outside help was probably due to the fact that in Korea, every favour done has to be returned (also true in japan), so.. they are not willing to take favours lightly as they are "afraid" of what they might have to "return". This is mostly true only for locally educated people, most likely not so true for those who studied/lived in the western countried for a considerable amount of time.

*Disclaimer : my comments are based on personal observation *
Chibi-Bar

Since: 04-16-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7459 days
Last activity: 7416 days
Posted on 08-03-02 06:34 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
funny thing is that.. to me.. I learn some programming.. I was forced to learn C, C++, Cobal, and IBM Mainframe.... all the "coding" have "different" format.. but in the end.. it is all the same on how things are run... most programs (especially the higher level type) all uses different type of "data" from sound, libraries, or graphics and what nots.. (I don't know all the technical terms of programming... ^^; )

but in the end... it is all the same... the difference would be changing the language...

instead of korean text.. just use english.. it is possible in unicode format... mainly you just have to change the translation from korean to english...

of course this would take a lot to translate from korean to english (thus you have bad english.. but hey.. it is something better than none)

now.... some how they are going to translate from korean to Chinese? well.. the kanji might be similar.. but to Thai??? I lived in Thailand for 5 years.. trust me.. their language/writing is in their own world... Hebrew would be closest looking type... they are nothing like korean (blockish.. at least my friend's korean book look like that) to chinese (complex symbols) to thai (fancy wavy symbols)

if they can translate to all that....they can make it into chinese... it is just matter of not wanting to.. there are plenty of translators out there.. heck a lot of our community would love to do it just cause (fan base and what nots)

I personally thing Gravity is trying to weed out the iRO and just concentrate on the asian market... but that is just my opinion..

--------------------
Chibi-Bar

Your Local Merchant on Chaos/Loki
Pages: 1 2Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Well, after the recent new.. |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.008 seconds.