Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-28-24 04:15 PM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - It is down... and in the hearts of many, for good |
Pages: 1 2Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 07-17-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7624 days
Last activity: 7956 days
Posted on 08-03-02 02:44 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Well, they did it. They shut the server down for three months. I'll be waiting for Sasami's MMORPG. Until then, I think I've had my share of these new fangled games. I think I'm gonna start living life again. See you all sometime.
Chibi-Bar

Since: 04-16-02

Since last post: 7452 days
Last activity: 7409 days
Posted on 08-03-02 04:37 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
hehe... Shining Lore is coming out at least beta test time woo hoo.. but I am looking forward to Sasami's RPG too.

--------------------
Chibi-Bar

Your Local Merchant on Chaos/Loki
Chuckus

Since: 07-17-02

Since last post: 7624 days
Last activity: 7956 days
Posted on 08-03-02 04:50 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I think Ragnarok willl be the first and quite possibly the last Beta RPG I'll ever play. If you invest too much into it, you gonna get burned.
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7360 days
Last activity: 7360 days
Posted on 08-03-02 06:42 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
People, don't expect my mmorpg for a while i wouldn't dwell you'll hear about it someday, then come check it out, if you like it, play. But I can assure you. We will be dedicated to the audience, all beta tests don't have to turn out like this.
Magius

Since: 05-22-02

Since last post: 7703 days
Last activity: 8008 days
Posted on 08-03-02 08:52 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I'll be waiting for it sasami =). I hope your doing ragnarok style animation cuz i really hate the everquest 3d style. I really don't like the americans 3d style of animation. It bugs the crap out of me, something about that kinda graphics just does not appeal to me.

anyways i think we will all miss ragnarok for a while. Obviously gravity is pulling the plug on us for their own business reason which is understandable but still licks ass.

Soooo... anyone know how we can get on those new servers? hahahaha
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 08-03-02 09:03 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
It is actually going to be in the exact same style as ragnarok. The 3d mmorpg market has been cornered by large games like everquest and daoc, and there is even UO for the 2d, but there hasnt been a real good 2d/3d mmorpg like ragnarok with the anime style. That market is barely touched, and I don't see any other companies pursuing it, so it would be the perfect opportunity, and I don't think gravity will be that much competition when it comes down to it when my product is released, I may be wrong, only time will tell. And I agree, the 3D ones don't really look that great to me either.
Galleia

Since: 07-12-02

Since last post: 7934 days
Last activity: 7934 days
Posted on 08-03-02 12:15 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
o_o;

From the way you talk Sasami, you must have AMAZING artists. I mean, AMAZING. I hope you end up paying them because real quality work doesn't come without a price XD At least I know I wouldn't o.o;
Kaz

Since: 06-24-02

Since last post: 7508 days
Last activity: 7583 days
Posted on 08-03-02 02:12 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Sounds great. Are we all qualified as testers ^^? Are you going to have a forum/thread open about it and suggestions/bugs and so on.

I think they're shutting down for 3 months just to get somewhat of a profit. They could be in a deep debt right now and so just need to get back on their feet and stuff. Either that or they're too lazy to take care of it, it's causing bad reputation for them to have bad lag and so on "from" that server, and their retreating from spreading too far.

Hi Sasami, by any chance do you live in Sugarland?
Mahou Seitou

Since: 08-02-02

Since last post: 7619 days
Last activity: 7619 days
Posted on 08-03-02 04:50 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Ain't good with programming and stuff...
But would like to try hand at terrain generation/sprites/items clothing etc.
Will be glad to help in future, and if you need Chinese (simplified) translation, I'll be the man for ya
(And hopefully japanese too in 2 years time)

Though I may just learn Korean instead just to help sasami get even with Ragnarok by releasing her better game there!
MingShun

Since: 05-10-02

Since last post: 7408 days
Last activity: 7408 days
Posted on 08-03-02 06:11 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Everyone comes out with great ideas every once in a while. Let me know if you might want an idea that'll be different from the norm. I can't guarantee, but it's the only service I can think of offering.

--------------------
Wish I had a sig pic....
Kaizer

Since: 06-13-02

Since last post: 7938 days
Last activity: 7907 days
Posted on 08-04-02 04:05 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Hm, If Sasami's MMORPG going to be exactly ( or pretty damn close to ) Ragnarok Online; Then I'm defintely going to be waiting around for it. I've already tried Priston Tales ( Today, actually ); and after 30 minutes or so, I couldn't stand to play it a moment longer.

I still think Gravity's doing it to force people from their respective countries to go to their assigned server, though. Could be wrong, but it' makes the most sense. Just hope that it isn't really going to be three months, that's a pretty long wait if you ask me.

Wish I could play Shining Lore ( Just god, please, I hope it's NOT like Priston Tales; Or I hope it burns with PT. ); Too bad I didn't get accepted, oh well. ;|

k', enough of my pointless ranting; I just wanted to say those few things. Buh - bai~!

(edited by Kaizer on 08-03-02 11:06 PM)
Magius

Posted on 08-04-02 10:41 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I'm glad your pursuing an anime online game sasami. There's just not enough out there. There is a few but when i looked at them they lacked quality and graphics. One of the reason i played ragnarok was simply for the graphics. The gameplay itself is descent but could be better its a little too simple, but i guess it was made for n00b rpg players. Like Final Fantasy oh man did that is one n00bed out rpg. Great graphics but simply too easy.

I hope hope u put a bit more detail in gameplay then ragnarok. So we don't fight theif bugs endlessly trying to save the water in pontrera.
good luck =)
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 08-04-02 03:03 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Which final fantasy? Do you mean 11... as I know that is supposed to be online... I wasn't even aware it was out O.o.. if it is... I don't keep up much anymore ;
Khalimon

Since: 07-27-02

Since last post: 7916 days
Last activity: 7913 days
Posted on 08-04-02 07:48 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Is GustaveCD a part of your team? He's promoting a game they're making on ro.pak0.com's forums but he hasn't even posted a website yet. Good luck to your game. I'm sure a lot of developers are learning from Gravity's mistakes now.

Something to consider though when you have a Alpha to test is making it closed. ROer's are flocking to PT and people can't get in at times because the servers are full.

Beware of the RO pack. ~_^
Magius

Posted on 08-04-02 09:42 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
After final fantasy 7 the game just got really easy. As graphics got better gameplay got worste or at least that's what i think. Even though i loved FF8 a lot it was simply too easy. Now a game a with crap graphics but extremely hard is dragon warrior7 oh man... i played 60 hours and was still on disc one...
Chibi-Bar

Since: 04-16-02

Since last post: 7452 days
Last activity: 7409 days
Posted on 08-04-02 09:49 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Final Fantasy 11 is out in Japan... there is "suppose" to be Final Fantasy 10 (expansion) into two game (at least that is what my g/f told me) about Yuna's standpoint and Rikku's Standpoint.. it would be interesting to see how those turn out..

I didn't like the "sphere grid" much... but it is an interesting way to go

--------------------
Chibi-Bar

Your Local Merchant on Chaos/Loki
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 08-04-02 11:03 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I played 7 about 2 years after it came out.. i tried 8 but... got real bored real fast I agree, square is putting their priorities in the wrong aspect of the game. And ah, dragon warrior, if you are 60 hours into it you should be just finishing the first disk (from what i hear). The graphics arn't all that great, but hey it's good.
Sironin

Since: 05-17-02

Last activity: 7618 days
Posted on 08-05-02 06:02 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Ah, and one day I hope I can say, "Hey I knew her" when you become rich and famous with your RPG.

As to good artists, as mentioned above, I believe there are a couple floating around in the community(seen some at merchantguild.net) that have been making very pretty modifications of current Ragnarok sprites. If asked, I suppose that probably could help you in the art department.

As long as your mmorpg isn't based soley on a console and doesn't include disney characters (sorry I'm really not fond of them, yucky kingdom hearts), then it'll definately be a winner as far as I'm concerned.
Tyrlan

Since: 03-16-02

Since last post: 7543 days
Last activity: 7511 days
Posted on 08-05-02 04:24 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I spent close to 100 hours on DW7 disk 1... then again i'm one of those people that look in every corner twice just to make sure I didn't miss anything. For those that havn't played DW7 you can examine just about EVERYTHING in the game. It took like 20 hours just to get classes

FF11 is Okay... it's like the other 3d MMO's but there's FF hints/tricks everywhere in the game. It's also set up so that you can basicly learn any spell/skill in the game if you spend enough time on it. Although race usally determines what skills/class/spells you will be best at (Get first) It's pretty neat for the PS2, i'm going to wait for the computer version though.
Galleia

Since: 07-12-02

Last activity: 7934 days
Posted on 08-05-02 09:29 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
But you know, that modifications to the Sprites isn't exactly legal o.o; You'd have to do it all from scratch if you guys were really considering to make one... Especially if you're planning to go public with it, I wouldn't do modifications to sprites.

Besides, that's cheap!

If you're gonna do it, you may as well do it all from scratch and be known for a real game, as opposed to something that was just tweaked here or there, art and all :o. I wouldn't be nearly as impressed with a game that just kinda stuck a few extra things on sprites from another game XD That's like, lazy. But one with completely new sprites, that's neat. Especially if they have anywhere near the level of detail that the RO ones do.

As for FF11, I was very amused to find out that all of PlayOnline went kaboom on FF11's first day of retail XD All those people losing their money and stuff. There's Square for you
Pages: 1 2Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - It is down... and in the hearts of many, for good |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.013 seconds.