Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-28-24 06:14 AM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - On the brighter side |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 05-22-02

Since last post: 7703 days
Last activity: 8008 days
Posted on 08-06-02 09:00 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Well... dispite our server is taken away and it sucks there are positive things we can look at.

1. By closing the server all the players from Asian will return back to their servers, so when we get ours back it won't be as laggy.

2. We don't have to get fustrated with all the bugs and the server issues because hopefully it'll all be fixed when the game is back.

3. It's beta and we're playing for free so haha not much we can say.

4. Maybe i'll do something more constructive with my life.

I just hope it will be better when it comes back.
Chibi-Bar

Since: 04-16-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7452 days
Last activity: 7409 days
Posted on 08-06-02 01:16 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
that is true... but also... probably when the servers DOES come back.... it would have to be P2P... since it is international server, BUT it seems that the asian server would be P2P since they are "new services" and korea are in P2P mode now...

if not.. all those three new servers would be a "waste" since people want to play for free in iRO instead of their own server.

--------------------
Chibi-Bar

Your Local Merchant on Chaos/Loki
Chuckus

Since: 07-17-02

Since last post: 7624 days
Last activity: 7955 days
Posted on 08-06-02 05:16 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Gravity is assuring us that it is going to return as beta. But then again they assured us that when the servers came back after the "week" long shut down it wouldn't be beta 2. hmmmmmm. Well I think they only made the korean servers p2p cuz 1) they need cash and 2) there's a bout 100 other games that look identical to Ragnarok that are either in beta or closing to the final stages of production in Korea. It's a huge Phenomena. I'm assuming Ragnarok wasn't the first. They just hopped on the bandwagon and are trying to get a grip on the market before it's too late. So in reality, goign overseas might have been smart business wise.
HyperSauce

Since: 04-28-02

Since last post: 7734 days
Last activity: 7367 days
Posted on 08-07-02 03:14 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Didn't feel like clogging up the forum with new topics, so I decided to put this here:

An 'alternate' explanation to iRO temporarily shutting down
http://members.shaw.ca/tstefan/ro/
Tyrlan

Since: 03-16-02

Since last post: 7542 days
Last activity: 7511 days
Posted on 08-07-02 09:06 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Very Amusing... I can't almost name all those games.

PT is okay... it's different then RO...but i'm more excited about minigames in SL.

You know... RO is the first MMO I can think of that "ended"
BakedBeans

Since: 05-03-02

Since last post: 7824 days
Last activity: 7753 days
Posted on 08-07-02 09:07 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
haha, that's hilarious HyperSauce!! XD

speaking of "more constructive things to do with my life", since there aren't any good games out at the moment, I've gone back to learning more programming techniques. It's only been down for like 6 days but in that time I've managed to learn more about databases and client/server programming then I did when I was in school!

You never know, maybe my mmorpg will come out before sasami's
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7360 days
Last activity: 7360 days
Posted on 08-08-02 03:28 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
it doesnt matter which is out first, it is which one is of better quality
BakedBeans

Since: 05-03-02

Since last post: 7824 days
Last activity: 7753 days
Posted on 08-08-02 03:53 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
hehe, then I'll just take all your good ideas so mine's always higher quality
I can't let some younger female programmer beat me at game programming, right!?

fortunately, my coworker and his artist friends are always willing to do game art for me whenever I ask (haven't asked yet, but he did want to redo the art I made for a project I did long ago... *shudder* programmer art is always bad ). I was also thinking about a Ragnorok~ish art style for my next game, except that the game play will be totally different from ragnarok. So much difference in fact that you'd probably compare with some other popular RPG which shall remain nameless before you'd compare it to ragnarok
In fact, my idea is so unique that I can guarantee not a single other MMORPG has tried it yet
(hopefully not for the reason because people won't play it... )

hey, did you tell anyone about what your game will be like yet besides that it'll probably look just like RO? I'm willing to share my concept if you share yours

(preferably in a different thread so it's on topic *cough* )
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7360 days
Last activity: 7360 days
Posted on 08-08-02 07:57 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
bah, who needs topics. Random conversation is good... i do have a private staff site outline everything about the whole game, and other stuff, but.. it's private ;
MingShun

Since: 05-10-02

Since last post: 7408 days
Last activity: 7408 days
Posted on 08-08-02 05:25 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I think I read somewhere in their most recent announcement that they're going to reorganize the ro staff. They also mentioned beta testers in that staff...Does that mean only a select few of us will be able to return to beta ro?

--------------------
Wish I had a sig pic....
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - On the brighter side |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.01 seconds.