Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-28-24 04:07 PM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Official Statement, RO operation team |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 07-17-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7624 days
Last activity: 7956 days
Posted on 08-06-02 05:05 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Quote taken from official RO site

Hello this is Ragnarok Online Operation Team.
We,Heresay,regret to explain that the Main Reason of the International Server Shutdown has Nothing to do with the Rumors around players.
Briefly we made our decision about the International Server,Because we didn"t have much choice onto it.
We need time to Consolidate Various Undertakings.
That"s all.
Therefore,Simplified Chinese,Traditional Chinese,Thai or Japanese Commercial preparations are NOT related to the Shutdown of the International Service.
Evenmore,there is no company which can force us to shut down our own server without our intention.
Our Future plan on the International serverice is to open as soon as we can.
Shut Down for 3 Months,as we announced, is nothing but a pre-arranged,it is Not the Fixed Period for sure.
International Server will be running as the Beta Service by our own hands.
And in this preparation period we will embody many things as Hiring more Game Masters,Organising Beta Tester Support Team,Exclusive Server Manager Team for the International Server Only.
When we are ready,you will see our Management is elevated a lot through the Web Board,Email Support,
Server Status or many other things.
Once again,that"s why we closed the Server temporarily.
Please Make sure everything on this Statement,and don"t inquire at our Cooperation by phone.
Thank you.

Ragnarok Online Operation Team,
Gravity Corp.

Now the question is, do you trust em? Personally I was quick to put on a smile after reading this but then suddenly I remembred Sasami's Grim words, DOn't believe everything they tell you. Now what do we do?
Galleia

Since: 07-12-02

Since last post: 7934 days
Last activity: 7934 days
Posted on 08-06-02 07:26 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Thinking like that, you can't believe everything ANYONE tells you. I mean, why even worry about it? It's not a big deal or anything. Who the heck wants to live in fear of conspiracy all the time anyway? I know *I* don't
HyperSauce

Since: 04-28-02

Since last post: 7734 days
Last activity: 7367 days
Posted on 08-06-02 07:36 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by Galleia
Thinking like that, you can't believe everything ANYONE tells you. I mean, why even worry about it? It's not a big deal or anything. Who the heck wants to live in fear of conspiracy all the time anyway? I know *I* don't

Quite true. Things like that, (in this case), won't get iRO back for us any quicker.

Gotta let Gravity have their time to do their thing, no matter how much some people kick and scream. And maybe it's just me, but I've only seen a small percentage of RO fans who have negative voices...which other people eventually agree to because its just, convenient to perhaps?
DaiSHi

Since: 05-03-02

Since last post: 7360 days
Last activity: 7360 days
Posted on 08-07-02 02:23 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by HyperSauce

Quite true. Things like that, (in this case), won't get iRO back for us any quicker.

Gotta let Gravity have their time to do their thing, no matter how much some people kick and scream. And maybe it's just me, but I've only seen a small percentage of RO fans who have negative voices...which other people eventually agree to because its just, convenient to perhaps?

then again, a small percentage voice positive aspects. most people like me just shut up and play. in the mean time, back to nwn =Þ

--------------------
Loki: DaiSHi 49/38 future knight, H.O.L.Y.Merchant OC
27924 exp and counting...
Flower girls are the cutest... but not as cute as my Tina
current anime: cowboy bebop
next anime : hack.sign
past anime : fushigi yuugi
Chuckus

Posted on 08-07-02 02:29 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
A lot of people have put faith in this company and they've repeatedly let them down. In the beginning, I was quick to support gravity and sustain flames for them everytime I stood in their defence on their boards. BUt everytime I told everyone that gravity would come through they never did. They just kept making promises and dates and other things and they never fulfilled any of them. I personally think it's gravity's job not as a company, but as dignified people to not mislead or neglect a certain people. I'm not saying, like many others, that the server shut down is neglect as it was a logical decision in some respects, but i am saying that every public relation situation that has come their way, including this one, has been handled in a way where the feelings and opinions of the gamers was put last. Tha'ts just plain indecent.
MingShun

Since: 05-10-02

Since last post: 7408 days
Last activity: 7408 days
Posted on 08-07-02 04:41 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Yeah, but the game is a great idea! Hope they come through eventually.

BTW, what's Hack.Sign about?

--------------------
Wish I had a sig pic....
Galleia

Posted on 08-07-02 05:31 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Maybe I'm just extremely tolerant or something, but nothing Gravity has ever done, from the very beginning of Alpha (I have a bunch of Korean friends that got me into it when it was first released in Alpha), has ever made me question them. Or maybe it's the fact that I understand what business is about, whereas for some reason other people seem to think that feelings and opinoins of gamers are put last.

Why? Because they had to push back some things for some reason? I mean, big deal. I'm not going to bother getting angry about that until I'm shelling out for the game, because there's just.. no point in doing so o.o The time that I put into this wasn't anything but time I'd just be wasting otherwise so it doesn't matter to me. Why people get so uppity about something so trivial is what I don't get.

Everyone acts like it's something personal or something, like Gravity is saying "Oh, we have people who want to play, let's not let them", which is really kind of a stupid thing to think, imho -_-;. Personally, in my time of being a RO player, I haven't seen any neglection or misleading information. I've seen delays and random rants from people who don't know any more than anyone else, but that's about it.

If you want someone to get angry at over delays or something like that, get angry at Working Designs. I had fifty bucks tied up for FOUR YEARS waiting for them to release Magic Knight Rayearth stateside
HyperSauce

Since: 04-28-02

Since last post: 7734 days
Last activity: 7367 days
Posted on 08-07-02 07:17 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Maybe I'm just extremely tolerant or something, but nothing Gravity has ever done, from the very beginning of Alpha (I have a bunch of Korean friends that got me into it when it was first released in Alpha), has ever made me question them. Or maybe it's the fact that I understand what business is about, whereas for some reason other people seem to think that feelings and opinoins of gamers are put last.

Why? Because they had to push back some things for some reason? I mean, big deal. I'm not going to bother getting angry about that until I'm shelling out for the game, because there's just.. no point in doing so o.o The time that I put into this wasn't anything but time I'd just be wasting otherwise so it doesn't matter to me. Why people get so uppity about something so trivial is what I don't get.

Everyone acts like it's something personal or something, like Gravity is saying "Oh, we have people who want to play, let's not let them", which is really kind of a stupid thing to think, imho -_-;. Personally, in my time of being a RO player, I haven't seen any neglection or misleading information. I've seen delays and random rants from people who don't know any more than anyone else, but that's about it.
My sentiments exactly!

Until Gravity makes/allows us to invest money into the game, we don't have much power to influence their decisons. Simply put, Gravity can take it easy and relax with regards to iRO for as long as they want.

And the whining immature RO addicts who can't wait for the game to be playable again can suck on lemons (I've got no respect for those people, no matter who they are, how old they are, what planet they came from, what their favourite colour is, etc.). If they want to leave RO because of the shutdown, it only makes the remaining RO community stronger.

If you want someone to get angry at over delays or something like that, get angry at Working Designs. I had fifty bucks tied up for FOUR YEARS waiting for them to release Magic Knight Rayearth stateside
Haha, Working Designs focuses on quality, and they do a spectacular job on their software, despite the extra 100 years they take. I've only played Alundra, which was awesome, but their other releases are certainly worth looking at.

Originally posted by MingShun
BTW, what's Hack.Sign about?
http://www.dothack.com

The official site for Hack Sign. Have you seen the anime yet?
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Posted on 08-07-02 07:54 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Personally, in my time of being a RO player, I haven't seen any neglection or misleading information. I've seen delays and random rants from people who don't know any more than anyone else, but that's about it.

where have you been?
Galleia

Posted on 08-07-02 08:30 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by Sasami

where have you been?

Like I said, I've been around since Early Alpha. Maybe my ideas of neglection and misleading information differ from yours, but also, like I said, I haven't seen any of either.
Chuckus

Posted on 08-07-02 03:57 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
my complaint isn't the fact that they are delaying the servers, my point is how they handle it in regards to the players sucks. They don't tell us what they are doing, they don't give updates except for random spurts of information which most often are false and they shun help from the community which is offered on several occasions. Sure, you may lead off that you don't care about Ragnarok because it's just a game and it's true it is. But as a company Gravity has failed in terms of supporting the community behind their game. Infiltration is an unreal tournament modification that has been delayed for half a year. No one except maybe 1 person/ month complains about it. Why? Daily updates by the makers on what's happening, what's changing, interviews with the team, screenshots movies, everything to appease their public because in all honesty, they are what MAKE the game. Without them, a game is nothing more than useless code. Sure, people may get frustrated because they can't play the game but that's only because the company refuses to DEAL with their problems and will chose to ignore them. You can't take things out of context and start calling people stupid for it.
Galleia

Posted on 08-07-02 05:34 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by Chuckus
my complaint isn't the fact that they are delaying the servers, my point is how they handle it in regards to the players sucks. They don't tell us what they are doing, they don't give updates except for random spurts of information which most often are false and they shun help from the community which is offered on several occasions. Sure, you may lead off that you don't care about Ragnarok because it's just a game and it's true it is. But as a company Gravity has failed in terms of supporting the community behind their game. Infiltration is an unreal tournament modification that has been delayed for half a year. No one except maybe 1 person/ month complains about it. Why? Daily updates by the makers on what's happening, what's changing, interviews with the team, screenshots movies, everything to appease their public because in all honesty, they are what MAKE the game. Without them, a game is nothing more than useless code. Sure, people may get frustrated because they can't play the game but that's only because the company refuses to DEAL with their problems and will chose to ignore them. You can't take things out of context and start calling people stupid for it.

Why do they have to tell us what they are doing? It's not in any contract anywhere. What do you know about anything they say being false other than what other people have told you? People who don't know any more than the rest of us for obvious reasons like, uh.. they aren't part of the company and don't even know Korean in the first place? They have far from failed in terms of supporting the community. In fact, they are the ONLY company I have ever seen to ever respond personally to anything a person has ever written in a very amiable, personal tone complete with the information asked for. here is no law stating that they have to tell everyone every single move they make, and there's no moral case about it. In essence, daily updates don't mean crap. I can put up a bunch of malarky to keep the monkeys happy, too, you know.

Again, you people don't seem to realize that this isn't an American or even European company, and therefore you can't even begin to compare the two. Asian companies are nothing like American or European companies, neither of which, I assure you, take into consideration "community help". There are these things called "laws" that prohibit such actions.

What are they ignoring now? Because obviously you have the inside scoop that everyone else doesn't, just like everyone else who can't answer the question with a real, viable reply. What are the problems they aren't dealing with now?

If anyone's taking anything out of context, it'd definately be you. I *never* called people stupid, I said that thinking things were personal was stupid, and I stand by that statement with a great big "it is", because there's no other way to look at it. Do you think a company would really put the time and effort into pulling away their service just to watch a bunch of addicted players bawl and whine about it? If so, then the whole conspiracy thing is getting way too out of hand, and it's ridiculous.
Chuckus

Posted on 08-07-02 07:39 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
What do you know about anything they say being false other than what other people have told you?

Remeber that first week long server shut down. And then it was closed for 3 weeks. they said they wouldn't be beta 2 when they returned, but they ended up being beta 2. Lot of people lost itrems they wanted to sell or whatever. Granted one mistake is ok.

Then the various shut downs that would be fixed within a day that weren't. They didn't even respond and tell the people why it took so long.

Now the 3 month shut down and the warning that iy would be shut down some time in the following week. Surprise! they shut it down the same day they posted the message.

Why do they have to tell us what they are doing?

Because when an entire companies users or future clientele demand answers, the company better answer. They have obligations to their users and keepign them informed is one of them.

In fact, they are the ONLY company I have ever seen to ever respond personally to anything a person has ever written in a very amiable

ever heard of customer support? What about tech support. Or how about when those tylenol bottles were sabotaged years ago and there were deaths. You think Tylenol just put up a sign that said sorry we apologise, plkease don't mail us!? It's a companies duty to keep in touch with the public. Now your just making arguments for the sake of arguing.

What are they ignoring now? Because obviously you have the inside scoop that everyone else doesn't,

explain, when did I say i have inside information? Put the quote right here.

Do you think a company would really put the time and effort into pulling away their service just to watch a bunch of addicted players bawl and whine about it?

out of context. Your argument. They did it because it was logical. your just whining because you can't play.

My argument. They way they've handled public relations is the worst I've ever seen in both a gaming company AND a real corporation. It was a mistake on their part to break into a large market and they couldn't handle it. I'm NOT complaining that the shut down prevents me from playing. I"m complaining that Gravity is not up to par with professional standards.

Asian companies are nothing like American or European companies, neither of which, I assure you, take into consideration "community help". There are these things called "laws" that prohibit such actions.

explain to me how shafting your clients is good business?

Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Posted on 08-08-02 12:05 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
What are they ignoring now? Because obviously you have the inside scoop that everyone else doesn't, just like everyone else who can't answer the question with a real, viable reply. What are the problems they aren't dealing with now?

Some people are in constant contact with gravity, and do have inside information that the general public does not know about. It's just a matter of knowing the right people.
Magius

Since: 05-22-02

Since last post: 7703 days
Last activity: 8008 days
Posted on 08-08-02 01:06 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I totally agree with chuckus =)... gravity blow when it comes to customer support. Talk about response.... eeermmm i don't believe they've ever written back to me once for all the times i've mailed about account problems and stuck character. Basically Gravity is just leaving their customers/testers on their heels all the time because they are not answering the publics questions.

I've only seen them give vague answers and statements as to why they are set back. And for good business u need good customer support or else your gonna lose customers and a lot more.

But gravity is new at this so i'm sure they will get better. We just gotta give them time.
Quanta

Since: 04-09-02

Since last post: 7742 days
Last activity: 7494 days
Posted on 08-08-02 02:16 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Also keeping in mind that pretty much every other Ragnarok language version has been bought by another company except for the English/International version; until a proper buyer is found for the International Service or North American service or whatever, you can continue to expect the low level of customer support that comes from Gravity because when all is said and done the only version Gravity itself will actually have to worry about when it comes to customer support is it's Korean service. And that, ladies and gentleman, is what you should be expecting to happen in the near future. The 3-month max not only allows the other Asian versions of RO to obtain it's users and get settled, it also allows a different company to buy and fix up the International Service so that proper support services can be administered to the users of said service. And whoever said that we as testers are clients or patrons of RO would do well to understand that clients/customers/patrons PAY for services rather than getting them for free, and if the opportunity to pay isn't even present, you're not even a POTENTIAL customer because there's nothing for you to potentially pay for at this time, which means any time you spend playing RO or any other beta game is VOLUNTEER TIME. Thank you and have a nice day.

--------------------
Chuckus

Posted on 08-08-02 03:40 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Quanta, you make a valid point, but you have to admit pissing off a large number of users who, at the moment, stand as your only link to an entire market isn't exactly the smartest thing to do. But I will admit it does not mean their ruination as there is always a way to bounce back in business.
Quanta

Since: 04-09-02

Since last post: 7742 days
Last activity: 7494 days
Posted on 08-08-02 04:10 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Yeah, it's not the best thing to do, but it's not as if they have a team of people devoted to iRO--that's why server rights have been sold to all these Asian companies since Gravity couldn't POSSIBLY administrate all the servers. Even with it being down to Korean and English they STILL can't administrate both sides, so shutting down was probably a good idea--both for Gravity and BM Media(the company that's running Thai RO and supposedly arranged the shutdown of iRO); the former can make money without worrying about the costs lost from the International Service running, and the latter can get it's Thailand users (as well as users of other versions situated in Asia) settled into their own service, which comes back to benefit iRO since iRO servers will NOT be bogged down with 8000+ users 24/7, thus promoting server health by letting it have a nice rest from number-crunching info for 8000+ users at all hours of the day with a period where the number of users will be 1500+ or so (just like Korean servers if you've ever been there while the Koreans sleep). And then when iRO is purchased by a company that can provide proper support for North America and Europe, we'll be better off. But that's a high aspiration that I don't expect for quite some time--most companies that know of RO are probably afraid to acquire it, what with all the complaining and hacking and botting that goes on.

Time to stop rambling! =P

--------------------
Galleia

Posted on 08-08-02 09:14 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Remeber that first week long server shut down. And then it was closed for 3 weeks. they said they wouldn't be beta 2 when they returned, but they ended up being beta 2. Lot of people lost itrems they wanted to sell or whatever. Granted one mistake is ok.

Then the various shut downs that would be fixed within a day that weren't. They didn't even respond and tell the people why it took so long.

Now the 3 month shut down and the warning that iy would be shut down some time in the following week. Surprise! they shut it down the same day they posted the message.

And I can only respond to that with a big, so what? Just because a company changes plans doesn't make what they have said false information. If that were the case, then more than half of the companies in the world would be down and out of business for sheer stupidity.

Because when an entire companies users or future clientele demand answers, the company better answer. They have obligations to their users and keepign them informed is one of them.

They have no obligations until you're paying. Future means nothing, because the future is always subject to change.

ever heard of customer support? What about tech support. Or how about when those tylenol bottles were sabotaged years ago and there were deaths. You think Tylenol just put up a sign that said sorry we apologise, plkease don't mail us!? It's a companies duty to keep in touch with the public. Now your just making arguments for the sake of arguing.

Yeah I have, and I can give you a hundred and one different automated responses that have absolutely nothing to do with anything I've inquired about.

explain, when did I say i have inside information? Put the quote right here.

Just like everyone else who spouts out all this "knowledge" they have, never once has anyone ever SHOWN a shred of evidence of having it.

of context. Your argument. They did it because it was logical. your just whining because you can't play.

Not, out of context Merely an example.

argument. They way they've handled public relations is the worst I've ever seen in both a gaming company AND a real corporation. It was a mistake on their part to break into a large market and they couldn't handle it. I'm NOT complaining that the shut down prevents me from playing. I"m complaining that Gravity is not up to par with professional standards.

I never said ___YOU___ personally were complaining about the server shut down. And I'm sure everyone would just love it if they hadn't broke into the market here. I can just imagine the whining about the unfairness of that too, if someone's friend was able to play but they weren't because they weren't Korean

explain to me how shafting your clients is good business?

What does that have to do with laws that prohibit outside interference?

Clients = paying members ie, Business
free = no clients

Ragnarok = free at the moment for Iserver.

therefore

Ragnarok = no clients.

They aren't conducting business with us yet. So what does shafting clients being good business have to do with anything?

Anyway, seeing as this is now a dead-horse topic and I can't seem to post in this one without having to repeat myself, I'm done
Chuckus

Posted on 08-08-02 10:51 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Yup, The inevitable argument circle on forums has been reached. It was fun while it lasted
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Official Statement, RO operation team |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.013 seconds.