Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - jRO beta2 |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 04-28-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7733 days
Last activity: 7366 days
Posted on 08-06-02 07:09 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Looks like the Japanese will have their taste of RO beta 2..

Posted Aug 5, 2002 on the Japanese portion of www.ragnarokonline.com, and translated using Altavista's Babelfish:

Today.
The RagnarokOnline management Team it is

This time, attendant upon the preparation of Open beta 2, it came to the point of installing the Server in Japan.
In order to prevent the confusion of transfer of facilities job, very much there is no excuse in everyone, but
You stop the Game Service and the official Home page at one time with August 7th morning.

In addition, you correct the part Data vis-a-vis the character which regular use we have received in this case.
The trial shot point is as follows.

1. By the application of the new experience value Table, Level of the Character of high Level is modified.
EX) with BASE LV 99 -> 66 modification
JOB LV 50 -> modification it is

2. The Item is left, only the Item which is in the midst of equipping the Item the other than that (includes the Item of the warehouse and the Cart)
Everything it is eliminated.

3. The zeny per 1 Lv is kept to 10000 zeny, the zeny the above that is eliminated.

4. The Status and the Skill Point which are allocated are initialized, re-Bubai becomes possible.

If these because it is inevitable disposal with respect to work attendant upon the application of the new Rule, can receive understanding of everyone, it is fortunate.

Furthermore, Open beta 2 has become the schedule which START is done from August 12th.
Again, in order that cooperation of everyone and encouragement are granted, Staff all endeavoring, because it is defeated,
Also in the future we ask may.

(Inc.) Gravity Ragnarok Online management Team
MingShun

Since: 05-10-02

Since last post: 7407 days
Last activity: 7407 days
Posted on 08-09-02 02:17 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Hope they like it. I enjoyed wandering around beta 2.

--------------------
Wish I had a sig pic....
Tyrlan

Since: 03-16-02

Since last post: 7542 days
Last activity: 7510 days
Posted on 08-09-02 07:07 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
All I know is that a lot of my friends are pissed off... because they were playing purely on the japanese server (yes they live here in the US... but grew up speaking japanese) and now they can't play at all because of Gravity's blocks of IP's.

Yea, we can hope that they have a good launch of beta2 in japan... maybe they will find out how to fix some of our bugs.
Javalio

Since: 08-11-02

Since last post: 7929 days
Last activity: 7831 days
Posted on 08-11-02 10:45 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Im new here, but Gravity did not ban ips that I know of, or just suck at banning. I was playing till the last day of beta1. Then agian, I had had the account since the start of summer. On another note, does anyone know of any Japanese prozy servers, so I can make my ip japanese?
MingShun

Posted on 08-11-02 11:37 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
...When did Japanese RO become beta 2 then?

--------------------
Wish I had a sig pic....
HyperSauce

Posted on 08-12-02 07:18 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
The start date of jRO is August 12, 2002. (see the first post of this thread)

Barring any delays from Gravity, that should be the correct date.

It's a shame that non-Japanese IPs are being banned from the server...hopefully Gravity will lift this ban after all the other servers are put up and stabilized, and/or pay-to-play.

Javalio, I don't think using a proxy would help. I'm not 100% on the technical details so I won't say anything. Anyone care to prove/disprove this?
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7359 days
Last activity: 7359 days
Posted on 08-12-02 08:52 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Using a proxy would make it possible, maybe slow your connection a bit, but I don't think any noticable performance issues would creep up.
MingShun

Posted on 08-12-02 11:26 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Hypersauce, the start of jRO was today, but was today the day jRO changed from beta 1 to beta 2?

--------------------
Wish I had a sig pic....
HyperSauce

Posted on 08-13-02 12:54 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I have no idea, check out www.ragnarokfan.info or the official Japanese page at www.ragnarokonline.com.
It's where I got the news of jRO beta2 from .
MingShun

Posted on 08-13-02 08:44 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Wish I could read Japanese...

--------------------
Wish I had a sig pic....
HyperSauce

Posted on 08-14-02 01:19 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
http://babelfish.altavista.com/

That should break a few language barriers..
RyuTsuyuki

Since: 08-12-02

Since last post: 7914 days
Last activity: 7883 days
Posted on 08-15-02 08:27 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Imo Beta 2 just split the community further apart. Nobody sat around much besides merchants, they were all leveling. I think what kept alpha pure is that you didnt need to play nonstop for 3 months just to become a 2nd lvl class, but that you could do everything at like 40. The people were awesome then, I only met one person I truefully hated in alpha, and that was Quepassamigoes or something like that (Someone told me that was thegleek's alpha name). He got angry cause I did that walk around the portal thing in south morroc city andd sat in the corner so no one else could do it.

Pah, there I go rambling about alpha again =_= I can't get it off my mind. I'd reverse engineer it and stuff but I am not too far into programming classes to do so. And has anyone noticed most of the community is from alpha? Besides the people over at thegleek screeching "WE NNEEED BOT!!111".

I better shush up now. I'm probaly annoying you all O_o

[Edit : No real conversations were made since everyone was leveling, so I gained like no friends in beta 2 besides on forums =_=]

(edited by RyuTsuyuki on 08-15-02 05:52 PM)
AlainCh

Since: 06-05-02

Since last post: 7612 days
Last activity: 7611 days
Posted on 08-15-02 12:23 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Annoying ?
not at all!!

BTW : I was not in Alpha... but early B1.

AlainCh ( I wish I could finish my Jdownload, it stopped 260/370
sakura

Since: 06-18-02

Since last post: 7443 days
Last activity: 7443 days
Posted on 08-17-02 04:19 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
looking for a proxy server, try this

A4 Proxy 2.52 (software)
Anonymity 4 Proxy (A4Proxy) is a special local proxy server (which you install on your own computer), which includes a database with hundreds of anonymous public proxy servers located all over the world. This program is essential for those who value their privacy and who want to surf the web anonymously. With A4Proxy, you can scan each server, check its response time, confirm its anonymity, and test its speed in connection with the website or ftp-server that interests you (HTTP, HTTPS (Secure HTTP) and FTP are supported). You can choose the best candidate as your default proxy, or select the option to use a different proxy for each request. Advanced features allow you to actively hide yourself while surfing: A4Proxy can generate a fake IP address for each request, selectively modify HTTP variables, block cookies, and more.(730 Kb)

http://web.tiscali.it/testehbe/tsza252.zip
or use MultiProxy
^Meta^

Since: 07-15-02

Since last post: 7923 days
Last activity: 7957 days
Posted on 08-18-02 08:44 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I can just get in.. don't need a proxy... yet
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - jRO beta2 |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World