Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
05-06-24 09:39 AM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - ideas for Sasami's rpg |
Pages: 1 2Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 05-10-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7416 days
Last activity: 7416 days
Posted on 08-19-02 11:15 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
That's alright, I'm sure these ideas are open for other mmorpg developers

--------------------
Wish I had a sig pic....
BakedBeans

Since: 05-03-02

Since last post: 7832 days
Last activity: 7761 days
Posted on 08-20-02 09:20 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Actually, the best way you can do it is to have an experience bar for every skill. This promotes usage of the skill to improve it. I've always told gravity that the best way to do a mage would've been that they start out with lvl 1 every spell. If, for example, you wanted lvl 9 soul strike, or lvl 10 firewall, you're going to have to work your way up to it. My mage casted strictly lightning bolt, but suddenly one day he knows how to do lvl 4 napalm beat and lvl 9 soul strike. Skills aren't meant to be increased like that. It's kind of like a person who's getting levels through making sandwiches, then all of a sudden is a master at driving a car
On top of that, I've always had the problem of "Why is it that an adept mage with 20 spells under his belt, i.e. lvl 99/50, can't learn a new spell whereas a new mage who just started out can learn it much faster then the experienced mage can?". With the skill exp system, anyone can boost their new skills a couple of levels easily by using them a few times, but if they wanted to get it all the way to lvl 10, they need to use it a LOT.

Would you agree that it makes more sense this way?
it's too bad Ragnarok didn't implement this. I would have more fun leveling an acolyte/mage/merchant/etc... if my skills were dependant on me actually using them

*BakedBeans is still anxious to know exactly what Sasami's game is gonna look like.
Not because I want to know if it's good or not, it because I mainly want to know if she's totally serious about making it. There are so many small projects out there that start out the same way (bunch of people get together and want to start making a game) but suddenly the project is scrapped because they weren't totally serious about it and found it eventually too difficult to continue any further.

So, I'm gonna leave an option open for her. I believe Sasami won't finish her mmorpg. Why would I say this? Because if she does, she gets to happily tell me off with a "I TOLD YOU SO!!!"
Good luck Sasami
weapon01

Since: 06-18-02

Since last post: 7759 days
Last activity: 7788 days
Posted on 08-20-02 11:30 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
i like that idea bakedbeans. it makes sense to me.

and i know what u mean about dumping projects too. i was working on a game before and it flopped. everyone was really excited about it, and we had people working with us that had experiance making games before.. but the leader just kinda gave up and dissapeared. oh well..

--------------------
~weapon01
site: http://dkoro.cjb.net
forums: http://www.ixga.com
Tillumni Sephirotica

Since: 03-25-02

Since last post: 7722 days
Last activity: 7722 days
Posted on 08-20-02 06:08 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
on the other hand, there's also exampel of bunch of people getting together and create something, such as Gainax and megatokyo, but as usual nothing is sure, but I do hope that both Sasami's and bakedbeans projekt becomes a succes, any way, we can still use this thread for discussing ideas, who knows, we might fall over the next big gold nogget, which then will be well discussed by the time it can be implemented

--------------------
Elmikie, Spell artist, Path of Pearl, Stratika, keeper of guild lore and current leader of the Vezrejai mage guild.
lagwagon

Since: 08-12-02

Since last post: 7573 days
Last activity: 7573 days
Posted on 08-21-02 07:51 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
im sure sasamis game will but fun my i MUST request this one thing that ragnarok has never had........

A BETTER FRIEND/MSGING SYSTEM.... by this i mean somthing like AIM or ICQ actually built into the game that would tell when your friends were online, and you could have profiles and i think i heard somone mention avatars for ppl you msg......

--------------------
[chaos]
Kneo: lvl 36/31 theif
Lagwagon: lvl 21/20 archer
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7368 days
Last activity: 7368 days
Posted on 08-21-02 03:53 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
mmmm gainax
Chibi-Bar

Since: 04-16-02

Since last post: 7460 days
Last activity: 7417 days
Posted on 08-21-02 07:06 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
megatokyo as in the comic?

--------------------
Chibi-Bar

Your Local Merchant on Chaos/Loki
MingShun

Since: 05-10-02

Since last post: 7416 days
Last activity: 7416 days
Posted on 08-21-02 09:09 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
umm, what's gainax? "

--------------------
Wish I had a sig pic....
lagwagon

Posted on 08-21-02 09:26 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
yah what is gainax?

--------------------
[chaos]
Tillumni Sephirotica

Since: 03-25-02

Since last post: 7722 days
Last activity: 7722 days
Posted on 08-22-02 04:31 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
yep, megatokyo as in the comic, stumbled over it 4 days ago, finished reading all page so far yesterday (would probaly had done it earlier if I didn't had school to take care of).

Gainax is an anime producer company, started as far as I know, by a bunch of otaku, they are the company behind Gunbuster, wing of homineias and Evangelion

--------------------
Elmikie, Spell artist, Path of Pearl, Stratika, keeper of guild lore and current leader of the Vezrejai mage guild.
lagwagon

Posted on 08-22-02 07:15 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
about more advanced fighting features in an mmo.....
i heard of a game called NeoCron. i heard it is an mmorpg and a firstperson shooter, but i have not got around to downloading it (1.2GB file!). Has anyone played it or does anyone know about it? anyway if anyone wants to give it a shot the site is neocron.com i belive... lemme know what you think of it, i wanna know if its worth the D/L

--------------------
[chaos]
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7368 days
Last activity: 7368 days
Posted on 08-22-02 10:42 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by Tillumni Sephirotica
yep, megatokyo as in the comic, stumbled over it 4 days ago, finished reading all page so far yesterday (would probaly had done it earlier if I didn't had school to take care of).

Gainax is an anime producer company, started as far as I know, by a bunch of otaku, they are the company behind Gunbuster, wing of homineias and Evangelion

And Nadia, one of my favorite series , just got through the sixth dvd a few hours ago... its 6:30am, i need to go to sleep.
Pages: 1 2Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - ideas for Sasami's rpg |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.019 seconds.