Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-28-24 05:30 AM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Priston Tale vs. Ragnarok |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 08-12-02

Since last post: 7564 days
Last activity: 7564 days
Posted on 08-21-02 06:58 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Well i am just another person who has been missing ragnarok online... but in the down time i decided to find some other good mmorpg and i found priston tale. It is a fun game incase any of you have been looking for a temporary replacement of RO, but it unfortunatly doesnt compare.
The game is fully 3d, which is cool, but the gameplay is nowhere near as fun, and the econmy is easy to defeat, as all monsters drop either gold (the currency) or weapons and other equip, and on occasion a potion. I also realized after playing it for about a week i discovered that each class has only 4 skills and all can be obtained by lvl 17, which takes maby 5 days at the most. There is 2 towns in the entire game and the friend list and partys are no fun. You cant save buddies on a list, you can only whisper them like this: /:[name] [msg] and i think its a pain. partys exist only while all the players are online, then it is "disbanded" =(
Ragnarok was a milestone in mmorpgs and i hope Sasami's is just as fun (it will probably be more fun =P)
well i guess ill just play PT for now because im grounded and i cant find any better games (i dispise diablow)

if you fell like checking it out for youself, http://www.pristontale.com

--------------------
[chaos]
Kneo: lvl 36/31 theif
Lagwagon: lvl 21/20 archer
Chibi-Bar

Since: 04-16-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7452 days
Last activity: 7408 days
Posted on 08-21-02 07:07 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
you can always join NWN and make modules heehehhe

--------------------
Chibi-Bar

Your Local Merchant on Chaos/Loki
DaiSHi

Since: 05-03-02

Since last post: 7360 days
Last activity: 7360 days
Posted on 08-21-02 07:26 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
yea... PT is pretty weak. even d2 was more fun... less than a week i'm already lvl 21... it's easy for archers to solo on melee monsters since there's this amazing lag the monsters suffer from... but kill stealing still exists, but i can unleash my vulgar vocabulary on them when they do. the grafx aren't that great either. good thign is now that with beta i've always been able to log in. oh well... i have nothing better to do. maybe i'll go play some more right now.
oh yea, there are more than 2 towns. ricarten, w3 town, and navisko. and i heard they're unlocking tier2 skills on the next patch...

ps. i just noticed the lvls and xp on the forums are gone O_o

--------------------
Loki: DaiSHi 49/38 future knight, H.O.L.Y.Merchant OC
32252 exp and counting...
Flower girls are the cutest... but not as cute as my Tina

(edited by DaiSHi on 08-21-02 03:27 PM)
lagwagon

Posted on 08-21-02 07:44 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
no, just 2 towns, i dont think your "second" town counts because it is just 2 npcs around a campfire and if you leave their permiter you get attacked by monsters...

anyway, a question about Chibi's response, what is NWN? and yes i also noticed the exp and lvls are gone, but i had thought it was because i cleared my catche and deleted all my temp i-net files yesterday...

--------------------
[chaos]
RyuTsuyuki

Since last post: 7915 days
Last activity: 7883 days
Posted on 08-21-02 11:47 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Personaly I played this looooong ago before everyone else started did after beta 2 closed. I didn't like it at all.It had a shorter life then a extremly broken demo
Tyrlan

Since: 03-16-02

Since last post: 7542 days
Last activity: 7511 days
Posted on 08-22-02 09:13 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
PT is... well a nice little change, but nothing groundbreaking. Each class has 4 skills, but each starting class has 4 upgrades with 4 more skills per lvl. So you max out with 16 skills. I like the idea of starting in the same town... although it causes a bit of lag... and there are 3 towns from what I remember.

IF you want a really good MMO. Go try Earth and Beyond. You can preorder the game and get into the beta right away. It's the first in space MMO i've seen and having been testing it since phase 3 beta (it's in phase 9 now) I can say that it's changed and grown a LOT. Mostly for the better... ah the memories. Also it looks like we might get a second Gate war!!! *cheers* wait that's going to be bad for my trader

NWN: I still have to buy this... but i'm afraid it's going to take away too much of my already limited time. Plus the Buffy game just came out for the xbox
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Posted on 08-22-02 10:45 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by lagwagon
no, just 2 towns, i dont think your "second" town counts because it is just 2 npcs around a campfire and if you leave their permiter you get attacked by monsters...

anyway, a question about Chibi's response, what is NWN? and yes i also noticed the exp and lvls are gone, but i had thought it was because i cleared my catche and deleted all my temp i-net files yesterday...

Nwn is Never Winter Nights, by the creaters of Baulders Gate. The exp and levels are gone because I moved to a faster server and have been too lazy to install the php gd library
Chibi-Bar

Since: 04-16-02

Since last post: 7452 days
Last activity: 7408 days
Posted on 08-23-02 11:06 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
oh no!! my posting level go wiped (sarcasm) hehe

no worry sasami... those are just icing anyways

also.. Neverwinter nights the module that came with the game is ok.. nothing like baulder's gate.. but "engine" allows you to make something like that.. I bought it so I can make my campaign for my friend to play online when we can't get together at my house anymore (since two of them are out of state now)

but it is pretty nice... I love it!
(I just need to learn how to program/script better)

--------------------
Chibi-Bar

Your Local Merchant on Chaos/Loki

(edited by Chibi-Bar on 08-23-02 07:08 AM)
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Posted on 08-23-02 02:00 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
actually, if you edit your options, you can change it to show text instead of graphics for levels. I will have the graphics back up soon, i spent 3 hours last night trying to reinstall php to support the gd library, and let me tell you, plesk doesnt make it easy -.-
lagwagon

Posted on 08-27-02 07:24 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
awwwwwww you didnt have to do that for us Sasami... thx

anyway i bought neverwinter nights and i didnt like it so i sold it to a friend =P

--------------------
[chaos]
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Priston Tale vs. Ragnarok |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.014 seconds.