Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-28-24 06:24 AM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Final Fantasy VII for PC |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 05-30-02

Since last post: 7919 days
Last activity: 7919 days
Posted on 08-22-02 01:42 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
A lil off topic here but I was wondering if anyone knows where I could download a copy of FFVII for PC? I've been wanting to play it for the past while but I can't since I traded my ps2 to my bro for his xbox (sigh...will have to trade back soon) and it runs like garbage on my emulator. I've looked all over KaZaA and a couple other p2p apps and nothing. If anyone knows where this game can be found for PC, please post a link, it would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

(edited by Poring Hunter D on 08-22-02 09:53 AM)
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7360 days
Last activity: 7360 days
Posted on 08-23-02 03:34 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Hmm, you may try a local retailer such as best buy, I think those places carry games
Tyrlan

Since: 03-16-02

Since last post: 7542 days
Last activity: 7511 days
Posted on 08-24-02 12:24 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Also, it only costs 10 dollars (after tax) If you say that's too expensive, you shouldn't be anywhere near MMO's.

BTW I have both PC and PSX versions.... you might want to use the PSX version as it kinda plays better, although I havn't tryed it on an up-to-date system yet.
Vandule

Since: 05-10-02

Since last post: 7897 days
Last activity: 7894 days
Posted on 08-25-02 01:20 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
like they said find it, but i agree with tyrlan the psx verison is better and if you can learn how to use an psx emu like epsxe it will be better. and the pc has problem with some area becuase there is no frame limiter some thing are unplayble because they go too fast, also it doesn't play on XP unless you use a fan made patch.
lagwagon

Since: 08-12-02

Since last post: 7564 days
Last activity: 7564 days
Posted on 08-29-02 09:14 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
have you tried looking in some of the popular hubs on Direct Connect? every time i need to download a file that is hard to find i look on DC and i usually can find it and download at a decent kb/s. if you dont have DC get it at neo-modus's homepage. G'luck finding it

--------------------
       -=[chaos]=-
Kneo   ::  lvl 36/31 theif
Lagwagon ::  lvl 21/20 archer
::lagwagon was here::
MingShun

Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7408 days
Last activity: 7408 days
Posted on 08-30-02 12:47 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I heard that DC++ is a better program overall. It's still DC, but written in C++.

The only problem with DC++ is that many servers ban its use There's a tradeoff between stability and usability I guess.

You can find it on http://sourceforge.net/projects/dcplusplus. And if you're concerned about security, check out the forums. I found an argument on whether or not to close the source...
It won't give you a straight yes or no, but it's up to you to decide whether you want to use it.

--------------------
Wish I had a sig pic....
lagwagon

Posted on 08-30-02 01:41 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
yah i noticed that a lot of hubs ban DC++ users..... why is that?

--------------------
       -=[chaos]=-
MingShun

Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7408 days
Last activity: 7408 days
Posted on 08-30-02 03:50 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Ah crud! I feel so embarrased, it looks like the forum disappeared...
Sigh, I think the usual reason why DC++ is banned is because it can be used with special addons. I think there's a hack out there that allows you to share no files, but it looks like you're sharing them anyway. And I think there's another hack out there that keeps you from being kicked. That's the usual reason (don't remember if they're hacks or scripts or what...).
But, some hub operators wouldn't care, but they do what the others do. Anyway, if you want to use DC++, hopefully your favorite servers won't block you.

--------------------
Wish I had a sig pic....
lagwagon

Posted on 08-30-02 03:55 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by MingShun
Ah crud! I feel so embarrased, it looks like the forum disappeared...

umm.....???

well anyway about DC++, that makes sense. well i have no reason that would make me switch to it so methinks ill stick w/ just plain ol' DC. thx for clearing up a few things for me.

--------------------
       -=[chaos]=-
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Final Fantasy VII for PC |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.011 seconds.