Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
05-05-24 08:51 AM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Raganarok will be back!!!! |
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 05-10-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7415 days
Last activity: 7415 days
Posted on 09-25-02 10:40 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Sigh, "Earth and Beyond" by EA and Westwood had a neat concept...but poor server performance. I pray for the poor souls that got the game. Well, the ones whose spaceship keep jumping around for no reason at all. I noticed some people were saying how they didn't have lag, lucky bass tarps.

--------------------
Capporing
Kasatka

Since: 09-25-02

Since last post: 7623 days
Last activity: 7880 days
Posted on 09-25-02 10:53 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
::laugh::

Did anyone play the Renegade demo when it came out?
Once I lagged so much I ran through a wall and the game crashed.
RA2/Yuri's Revenge is a good game, too bad Westwood Online is such a dump. The 'foul language' filters are lame and the game can report players as being disconnected even if they arent. It's very annoying. It's very sad, too, since RA2 is such a great game.

Maybe they'll take a second look at the first Command and Conquers and build a decent server BEFORE they try and get people interested for Generals.

I usually spend my time in RO walking around seeing the sights (and killing, of course) in the more remote fields, and then I'dgo and so something stupid like enter the approaches to Geffen - it's like the game comes to a complete halt. On several seperate occasions, I thought the game had crashed and my computer had locked up. Nedless to say, I keep my wonderings away from cities and bottlenecks. And Payon. Payon's a parking lot heh heh

-----
Jeeziz did I say all of that in one post?
MingShun

Posted on 09-26-02 12:11 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Prontera's worse...The only thing worse than prontera would be the dungeons...

--------------------
Capporing
Kasatka

Posted on 09-26-02 06:29 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I dont know. I never had that much trouble w/ Prontera. Yes, it was laggy, no question, but the threshold to Geffen was worse since there was combat going on as well. I was like trying to swim through a firestorm in a sea of Poring bits and Willow wreckage.

A friend of mine (who actually introduced me to RO) stopped playing because the lag was so bad. Anyway, the enemies only attack on their initiative in some zones, so as long as I don't pass any wounded knights, I'll know I'm at least SORT OF safe. *sigh*

Anyway, I never found that much trouble with the dungeons (except the Prontera sewer), only that sometimes hostile enemies would spawn within eyeshot of me attacking one of their allies. (This led to my death manyatime in the woods between Alberta and Payon)... Wolves... I hate them sometimes... Too badly hurt to fight, too lagged to run...

Meh oh well. That's what potions and meat are for.
-----
Lagnarok Online?
lagwagon

Since: 08-12-02

Since last post: 7572 days
Last activity: 7572 days
Posted on 09-26-02 07:35 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
i never experienced too much lag. sure it was laggy, but not worth quitting over. perhaps i got less lag because im like 30 miles south of the servers =P

--------------------
       -=[chaos]=-
Kneo   ::  lvl 36/31 theif
Lagwagon ::  lvl 21/20 archer

:: lagwagon was here ::
AlainCh

Since: 06-05-02

Since last post: 7620 days
Last activity: 7619 days
Posted on 09-26-02 06:08 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Bleah !!!
I did a calculation..
to reach my pc and go back to the Korean server my packets have to run at least 33.000 km.
(that's the cable path I know it will be used+ Net nodes+ the local loop)

That means more or less 300 ms just for the Hops + light speed.

When they moved tu USA i re-calculated it.. Only 17.000 and a round trip of 180ms . due to having less hops. (I mean all hops: SDH, SOnet, etc... not only IP)

AlainCh ( WOW ! ! !

(edited by AlainCh on 09-26-02 02:09 PM)
Kaz

Since: 06-24-02

Since last post: 7515 days
Last activity: 7590 days
Posted on 09-26-02 09:29 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Lucky you... the lag isn't bad, if you're a mage unless your in an aggro area. When they moved it, I wasn't killed much except by hydras and even so on this modem I was able to kill a obeaune with a swordie's help in what seemed like realtime.

Shame it's barely been 2 months and the CEO left ;_;... this is what happens to everything that's good in the world that pleases even the hardest customer, since it pleases them, the companies rip it away and shift it to their advantage so they can leech off of the good intentions and eventually turn it all black.

I miss RO... had a wierd dream about it and was able to play as one of my old mages. It ruled, but then my alarm went off

HyperSauce

Since: 04-28-02

Since last post: 7741 days
Last activity: 7374 days
Posted on 09-27-02 12:40 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Is anyone playing on cRO? It's surprisingly easy to get on .
MingShun

Posted on 09-27-02 12:45 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
*Looks up and cries, T_T I can't read Chinese, remember? *Turns back to the dictionary and comic books.

--------------------
Capporing
HyperSauce

Posted on 09-27-02 01:01 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
For those who can't read Chinese like poor MingShun and I the alternative is to extract the data\*.txt files from data.grf and pop em into a new folder called Data.
MingShun

Posted on 09-27-02 01:18 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
That's a good idea! Thanks for the tip! *Stares at giant stack of comic books...

--------------------
Capporing
lagwagon

Since: 08-12-02

Since last post: 7572 days
Last activity: 7572 days
Posted on 09-27-02 04:23 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Kaz: had the same dream, only w/ my archer... ahh i wish i could have that dream again

HyperSauce: Great idea! [edit] wait a minute i cant find the cRO homepage... where is it??

--------------------
       -=[chaos]=-
Kneo   ::  lvl 36/31 theif
Lagwagon ::  lvl 21/20 archer

:: lagwagon was here ::

(edited by lagwagon on 09-27-02 12:29 AM)
Magius

Since: 05-22-02

Since last post: 7710 days
Last activity: 8015 days
Posted on 09-27-02 04:35 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
i wish gravity weren't such mmorpg n00bs, and did things more organized. Then we wouldn't be here whining and crying.
Kasatka

Posted on 09-27-02 05:07 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Hmmm...
Supposing they weren't noobs...
...then RO would have been running for a while, no?
...then, persumable, an english p2p one would have been released...
...then, once again, I would be paying for my entertainment like an idiot when I could be playing a beta instead.

Hmmm. Fascinating conundrum - If it you could call it that; maybe I'm thinking too hard.

-----
Been thinking too hard.
My apologies.
HyperSauce

Posted on 09-27-02 01:02 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
http://ro.gameflier.com/
cRO main website.
MingShun

Posted on 09-27-02 02:20 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Yeah, but I think it's kinda neat. It gives the game a neat feel when the gamemaster speaks okay english, not perfect english.

Not only that, if they were more professional, RO wouldn't be ragnarok online. I mean, maybe they wouldn't have hired the same graphics artists. The same poring that we came to know and love, someone else would probably make it into Gremlin with fangs. In fact, maybe the person they hired didn't want as much as a professional.

Maybe they overspent their budget on music, but I like the soundtrack.

Okay, they probably wouldn't have as much money for their servers...that could be a problem.

It's a lotta if's, but I think that Ragnarok has a better feel to it, even if they have poor customer service. EA and Westwood may be more professional, and their games may be huge, but think about the differences between Ragnarok and other MMORPGS.

Ah well...I'm done ranting.

--------------------
Capporing
AlainCh

Posted on 09-27-02 04:56 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Please explain "extract *.txt from *grp"

Yes I know ... I dont know how to do it !!

AlainCh ( or PM me .... Please
Kaz

Since: 06-24-02

Since last post: 7515 days
Last activity: 7590 days
Posted on 09-27-02 10:32 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
I can't read chinese and it's giving me errors and why I can't join...

Uhh... Extract the txt files from your engilsh data.grf and use the /data override the data.grf in the cRO directory. Now instead of chinese data, you'll get semi-American data.
Kasatka

Posted on 09-28-02 07:04 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by MingShun
EA and Westwood may be more professional...

It's a pity 'professional doesnt always mean good.
Well WOL sysops maybe helpful... they're only there once every three or five years.

WOL gets hacked all the time.
Cheaters ruin RA a lot faster than in RO, at least I imagine so. - In RO if you dont like your present comapny, just change fields. In RA, you have to go to the trouble of finding another game and hoping against hope that it will CONNECT.

{ranting suppressed}

Anyhoo, despite the obvious differences in game and expreiance from Westwood to Gravity, I'd still put RO ahead of WOL.

Plus RO has a slightly better language filter to the end that's they can justify their censorship. WOL censors 'Hitler' and 'Himmler' because it might offend JEWS!
(I'm not being racist here, but offending someone is very different from ignoring history)

-----
Holy schwick. I used a lot of space on something reallllly mindless. I don't even know why I'm posting this drivel, perhaps to see if anyone thinks the way I do. Heh... D'oh.
AlainCh

Posted on 09-28-02 08:52 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by Kaz

1)I can't read chinese and it's giving me errors and why I can't join...

2) Uhh... Extract the txt files from your engilsh data.grf and use the /data override the data.grf in the cRO directory. Now instead of chinese data, you'll get semi-American data.

1) mee too as soon i know the exact info list I post it here
For now I've got
ID
Pass
Pass
Name
born date
??
??
??
??
??
email

2) yes, thanks. I found data.grf...
>> but i don't know how to open a GRF file... and what program to extract / Add i have to use .

AlainCh ( Never tell people you are ignorant, they'll think you also a fool
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Raganarok will be back!!!! |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.019 seconds.