Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Here's an idea |
Pages: 1 2Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 05-10-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7412 days
Last activity: 7412 days
Posted on 09-25-02 10:27 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Who's up for playing a RPG? Why don't we play one on this board? It's a good way to improve my writing skills if this works.

The Setting: An Anime Universe - A place where practically anything can happen.

Time Period: Let's say present.

Plot: It'll evolve if this goes on long enough.
---

It's a nice and sunny day in the village of Aire. The village is located about 5 hours ride north on horseback from the city of Termina. Aire is a small coastal village, the primary occupation being fishing. An occasional merchant helps the tedious life a little.
A traveler enters the north gate. It looks like another tourist has come from Termina. He's about 5'10" with short black hair. One can tell he's bothered by the thick glasses he wears, since he wears it on top of his head. He looks comfortable in his light, yet well worn clothes. What's peculiar about him is that pen that rests on his ear. It looks like an ordinary pen, and it is...but who wears a pen on his ear anyway? He's searching for something...

---
hmm, shouldn't I use 'I'? ah well. So, create a character if you wanna play. This took me like 20 mins to write.

--------------------
Capporing
lagwagon

Since: 08-12-02

Since last post: 7569 days
Last activity: 7569 days
Posted on 09-26-02 04:12 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
i dont fully understand how you could play if we are on forum boards... but anyway im just gettin into UO =)

--------------------
       -=[chaos]=-
Kneo   ::  lvl 36/31 theif
Lagwagon ::  lvl 21/20 archer

:: lagwagon was here ::

(edited by lagwagon on 09-26-02 12:13 AM)
Kasatka

Since: 09-25-02

Since last post: 7620 days
Last activity: 7877 days
Posted on 09-26-02 06:21 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I'mafraid I dont understand what you're trying for either, but I'd like to find out!
Looks like a cool story getting started tho, please, continue.
Mahou Seitou

Since: 08-02-02

Since last post: 7623 days
Last activity: 7623 days
Posted on 09-26-02 05:08 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Lagwagon, I thought you're going for DAoC?

Ktarris, 20 Ranger, Hibernia Galahad.
MingShun

Posted on 09-26-02 05:45 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Ah, icic. I'm not too sure about the rules myself, but I saw other people playing forum based RPGs. From the way I figure it, you write about your own characters.
You can plan out what they are going to do, and write about it. Will they fight a great evil? Find love perhaps. Maybe along the way, some other forum members join you on your quest. Or they can be the ones to stop you from completing your quest.
I guess you have to establish some rules though. The rules equalize the game a little. One of my rules would be balance. Try to keep your characters on the same level as other members. You can be 1 or 2 levels above or below, but if you're too powerful then the game isn't fun, especially if I have no chance when I fight you. Crud, how do we do battle scenes? One line at a time? Or private message?

It's a game. any rules that are made have to be agreed upon by all members. Or else this game won't make sense. Ah well...let's see.

-------------

Everything was blurry. It occurred to him that he wasn't wearing his glasses. Sighing, he slid the heavy frame down, where it rested heavily on his nose. His eyes adjusted to the sudden clarity of the world around him...

And there it was! He saw the small shop, right next to him. Somehow the door caught his attention. He stared at it for a long time, trying to figure out why it kept on beckoning him. To the side, villagers were laughing at the strange man; the fish painting, done by a deranged artist that passed through, caught the attention of every foreigner. It was too weird not to notice.

He shook his head vigorously, fighting off an encroaching headache. He couldn't figure out what those ink blots looked like. He tried his best to forget that last image he saw. But then he remembered his mission. He had heard about this place from a friend. But his friend never told him where it was. He spent long years searching for this place, this place where fortunes were told with stunning accuracy.

Perhaps now, he could finally find the girl of his dreams. Turning his head away from the awful ink blot, he pushed the door open...

-------------
Funny, I still haven't intro'd my char. Ah well, next installment...I hope you didn't fall asleep.

--------------------
Capporing
HyperSauce

Since: 04-28-02

Since last post: 7738 days
Last activity: 7371 days
Posted on 09-26-02 06:29 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
[ooc] This is called role-playing. You assume the role of a character, (in this case it is up to you to determine your role in the story), and play nicely . Note: ooc stands for 'Out of Character;' you use this when you say something unrelated to the RP.[/ooc]

The shopkeeper, Duns Martelland, looked like your average shopkeeper. He sold his wares like a shopkeeper would, and he bought his wares likewise. And like most shopkeepers, refunds were handled with much hassle and in very, very non-existent quantity.

The abstract fish painting was an odd painting. Odder still, was the man who had painted it. No one could guess where he came from, nor why he came to Aire to sell his works. No one could guess what he ate, what his hobbies were besides painting, and why he painted such strangeness. But there was something about that fish painting that caught Duns' eye. It wasn't because of the quality of the art, it wasn't because of the price the painter offered which was 10 zenny, a very cheap price for an unusual painting. Duns' reason for purchasing the painting was because he thought he could make a quick fortune for something so 'exotic,' and he knew rich people were into exotic items such as the painting.

Noticing a potential customer eyeing the abstract fish painting, Duns hastily drops his lunch, and runs outside to meet his next sucker.

"Why, hello there! How are you doing on this wonderful day? My name is Duns Martelland the humble shopkeep. I see you have an eye for this lovely, exquisite painting. It was painted by one of the greatest artisans in the world, Sa Samee! Normally this painting sells for 10,000z, but today, and only today I'm offering it to you, and only you, for the thrifty price of 3,500z. The price is so low you might say I have Munaks in my slacks! Now what do you say, my friend?"
MingShun

Posted on 09-26-02 06:47 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
[ooc] In case your wondering, my char has an overreactive imagination...[/ooc]

The shopkeeper met him at the door. Apparently he could get the fish painting for 3,500z...But it was god awful, how was going to say no.

"Umm, err...Ah! My name is Arc!" he managed to stammer out.

(I'm an idiot! Why did I give him my name! Now he'll haunt me forever! Where was the 'no thanks'!
'I didn't say it?'
'What did you think?'
'I'll say it next time then...'
Fine, decline his offer and state your purpose.)

"Aheh...I'm ah looking to have my fortune read..."

It just occured to me, why would I tell the shopkeeper I'm looking for my fortune? He doesn't look like a fortune teller.
Maybe that dumpy bald guy in Termina was wrong.
Ack! Now he knows my purpose...I'm dead!
And you still haven't said 'no thanks' dummy!
He won without a fight, fork over the cash
But I'll be broke!
Oh, now you're fighting back...it's still too late.

*Pulls out wallet*

--------------------
Capporing

(edited by MingShun on 09-26-02 02:48 PM)

(edited by MingShun on 09-26-02 08:25 PM)
lagwagon

Since: 08-12-02

Since last post: 7569 days
Last activity: 7569 days
Posted on 09-27-02 04:14 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
[ooc]ok, i am going to watch this game progress. my character, Gen, shall enter the plot at a later time. i need to get the hang of it by watching you guys play for a while. anyway, so far, it sounds fun.
in response to mahou: i coudn't get my hands on DaOC.

another thing, i think i have a good project in mind for anyone who knows php... =) it could be a series scripts that act as a forum specifically designed for this game... it could have battlechats that can be viewed by others so the outcomes of the battles would be known to others... it would have a way to track battles won out of battles fought... it could be based on php from other forums, such as this acmlm board (actually i think this board would be excelent for basing this RP forum on, because it has exp/lvl calculations already)... wow im excited now!... anyway just an idea. i wish i could remember the small amount of php i used to know, but i still think i shall try to lean some more so if anyone does decide to make this, i may be abel to help. (oh yah and if anyone has somthing to say about this idea, pm me beacuse i dont want to clutter ming's game thread w/ kinda unrelated posts =/)

lol ok off to find a php host to try to lean some
[/ooc]

--------------------
       -=[chaos]=-
Kneo   ::  lvl 36/31 theif
Lagwagon ::  lvl 21/20 archer

:: lagwagon was here ::

(edited by lagwagon on 09-27-02 12:16 AM)
Kasatka

Posted on 09-27-02 05:22 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
[ooc]

Wow. Looks like fun, I may join in later, if that's alright...
Granted of course that I can actually think of something
:: chuckle ::

This is actually really interesting. I've never seen anything like this before.
Cool - carry on

Any responses to me (as if there wouldbe any) should be sent via mail (preferably Private Messages) as so not to make a mess.

[/ooc]

(edited by Kasatka on 09-27-02 01:24 AM)

[ooc]
Ok ok, I got something.
This is sort of a newbie thing (my writing style, in this context, not the thread ), but here it goes anyway.
Enjoy - Tell me what you think (PMs please)
[/ooc]

Just then, a girl came out of nowhere and dashed up the the glass, all her attention focused on the obscure fish image in the window as she pushed the crowd of gawkers aside. An inexperienced girl of maybe 20 years, she stood about 66 inches tall and, though well clothed and healthy, obviously hadn't eaten in quite some time.

"Oh man, this is the all-time COOLEST painting I've ever seen!" she blurted out in a single ear-splitting giggle. "I've just gotta get this!"

After rifling around through the small travel bag slung over her shoulder, all she manages to produce was a smooth, grey pebble taken from the nearby river, a pile of old, dull coins amounting to roughly 62 zeny, and a reddish-grey metal knife she stumbled over in the ruins of her hometown, Aegirol, which had been devestated by a storm not three weeks ago.

"Sixty-two. That should be...". Her sentence was interupted by a quick glance at Duns' price tag. The cheerful, excited expression on her face disintegrated into a half-frown.

"Crap. Where am I going to get that kind of money?!" she muttered under her breath.
Suddenly, a loud and resounding "Hey girlie!..." echoed forth from behind her. Slowly turning to face the voice behind her, she saw the round figure of a local vendor bounce up and down as he laughed at her. "You aren't seriously thinking of BUYING that monstrocity, are you?". She moved to answer - "And why n...?" she began her answer. "Most INTELLEGENT people will BUY their food first, not pictures of it! Haw haw haw..." he interrupted. "Here. Go buy some food and maybe a little SENSE while you're at it!" He laughed as he tossed some coins at her feet. "Hrmph." the young woman snorted as she turned away

Several minutes passed in silence...

"Well good luck to yez'" he man laughed as he waddled away from the group. Once he had disappeared from the crowd, she immediately dove on the cash, snatching it up as quickly as possible, "Coins, coins, coins!". The meager sum amounted to only 22 zeny and a claim token for the local laundromat, but she was glad to have it. "Mmmmmmm... money..."; she reveled in the palm-load of small copper discs. Rising back to her feet, she looks around - the crowd seemed to have dispersed having been sufficently entertained by her feeble coin-gathering, only two figures stood idle in the street - a man with glasses who seemed to be enrapt in his thoughts; and Duns the shopkeeper, who seemed to be enjoying himself thuroughly as he stood in his shop doorway, hurling his usual stream of used-car* salesman jargon at another poor traveller.

--[ooc]--
I dont know whether it's the sort of thing you're looking for since this my firsr experiance with this kind of 'running story' thing. If there's anything wrong or bad or if I've overstepped my bounds or anything, tell me, and I'll fix it

BTW: * - 'car' may be replaced with 'cart' if the timeframe changes. I'm not sure where you're going with this, so I just hought I'd cover my bases.

I know, I havent given a name yet, but rest assured, I will when the time is right.
That looks like all, but there may be edits in the near-future.
Jasvedonya ()

-----
With a smile(y) at the end of every sentence.
--[/ooc]--

(edited by Kasatka on 09-27-02 03:15 AM)
AlainCh

Since: 06-05-02

Since last post: 7617 days
Last activity: 7616 days
Posted on 09-27-02 04:51 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Oh god,
I'm so thirsty!
You ride all the day, traveling under the sun, then tell me if that is not a thirsty job .. and for me it's the fourth day.

You know.... I'm used to speak to myself, without even muthering a sound for hours... all the business is done in my mind. It's easier and that don't make your mouth more parched.
Although I think my mouth will never open again... I would like something to drink.... I can't open my mouth, .. I've tried in the past hours when I reached the seaside to use sea water to make my mouth wet, I can't drink, my lips are sealed. The efforts made blood trickling down. I have to hurry.

Looking at the sun and being on the seaside I hope I'm in the right direction. If so I will sometime arrive at Aire.
I know my bag is full of gold .. for what it worth it is not usefull now, I would like to drink, but I would not exchange it for any quantity of water.
I've mined so hard last 5 months .. When I found the small crack into the wall of a small gorges ... I wasn't believing my own eyes. Shining little peebles, in a rock so hard to break. So I stayed there, in a land so far from any road or village. Being a hunter is an advantage ... you can find food everywhere.. so I got all my precious peebles.... I slept, ate, boke rocks there until I got all my shiny peebles. I left none. Last week I got the last one...

With no reasons to stay anymore, I left 5 days ago.

But I wasn't conscious in what form luck turned around for me: A small hole into my water casket. Yes I know, I left it unused for all this time. Yes, I did check it before leaving my little mine.... Oh well ... I hope I will survive...
And yes, sure, I found myself without water ... half a day into the desert. I can't turn back, that was three days ago. The only water I found was sea water yesterday... and then too much of that!!

The sun ... is terrible ... It seems Aire far away ... A mirage... perhaps.

I stumble. On and on I go .. I'm approaching .. it's not a mirage... It's the village.

What I see is the dusty main road ... the old storekeeper as always at his door... with a foreigner (you can tell from his missing hat, he has nothing on his head!)
Both are looking at a very young girl, down on one of her knees, picking up something from the road. I continue to advance, too much sun, I can't see her face .. ...

I need to drink.... I need to drink NOW .... I need ..... I n e...

[ooc] the hunter has fainted in front of the Shop ... just at the feets of the girl[/ooc-]
MingShun

Posted on 09-27-02 09:31 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
[ooc] Here's my second character. Darn you Alain! Now who would I give the painting to? On second thought, I'll give you the painting if Hyper sells it. [/ooc]

She sighed as she blew out the candle. She was 20 now. She left when she was 16...a giant argument breaking apart what was left of the household. Her friend gladly took her in, but Mei didn't want to impose on her friend any longer. She looked up, and saw her friends clapping. But one face was missing. One face she longed to see for 4 years...

While she didn't get along well with him, she found that she couldn't live without him. Ever since they were little, he had been helping her when their parents were too busy. She remembered how he fought the bigger girls teasing her. Sure, she had to rush him to the emergency room afterwards...but she had left the fight without a scratch and the girls turned their attention towards him. Well, maybe she should've helped, but at least she made sure he got to the nurse's office with enough time to return to class. And it helped him boost his resistance, she had to hit him on the head with a steel hammer last time she tried to wake him up. Maybe she used too much force...the hammer broke, and he was still asleep.

She had been keeping track of his travels lately...it looks like he was headed to Aire. Would he want to see her again, she knew that walking out hurt him alot. Either way, she missed him alot. Enough to realize that looking at him would make her happier.

Oh Arc! I'm so sorry. Please forgive me.

[ooc] Yep, she's Arc's sister. I haven't written a confrontation before...so it might not be too good. I'll try and plan it out though. Lemme know what you think [/ooc]

--------------------
Capporing
Kasatka

Posted on 09-28-02 01:53 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
[ooc]
I'm working on my next bit, please stand-by...
1135PST 09-27-2002: Okay, done.
[/ooc]

"Uhhh... mister?", she whispers, "You okay?"
After several minutes of intense obseravation and the occasional poke, she eventually pulls him into the shade of the nearby awning of Duns' shop.
With a long and thoughful stare at the cloudless sky above, she says "Maybe he needs some food...", then smiles at the irony of helping someone else eat while half-starving herself. "Well, I can still get some water, right?" she thinks as she starts walking over toward the two men in the doorway.
"Hey mister..."
"Yes, how may I help you today, miss? May I interest you in a ..." the shopkeeper breaks out into a ravenous stream of sales pitches...
"Uh... err... actually all I need is water, can I have some?" she asks feebly.
"100z." a dissappointed look crosses Duns' face.
"WHAT? Y... you're kidding me, right?!" she says with a genuinely shocked look on her face.
"All right, all right, because I'm such a nice old man, I'm willing to give a very generous deal to a fine your lady such as yourself... ", giving a long and hard thought to his next words, he finally says "98z."
All the girl could produce was a stunned expression. "Is... is water actually that hard to come by here? I mean, there was a bridge with PLENTY of water under it on my way into town..." she says with a resigned tone.
Duns, now looking uncomfortable with the thought of not making any money at all, quickly blurts out a reply; "Heh heh... 98? I meant to say ... err... 48! Yeah! That's it! Sorry, sometimes the old noggin' starts playing tricks on ya' in this heat!"
"Oh... fine." The girl reluctantly opens her wallet and collects what few coins there were. "(Why am I doing this? I can barely feed myself and here I am spending what little I have on water for a guy who I don't know? Maybe I should just...)"
"Thank you very much!". A smiling Duns interrupts her thoughts midstream.
Looking down from her glazed thoughts, the girl notices that some of the money in her hand is gone and she is now holding a plastic cup of warm water.
"(Damn. Too much thinking again.)". She lets out a breif sigh, and returns to the man in the street. Crouching downat his side, she stops.

"Now how do you get an unconsious man to drink without drowning?"

-----[ooc]-----
Seriously, I don't know the answer to that...

-----
"...from the embryonic whale
to the monkey with no tail."

-- TMBG, 'Mammal'
-----[/ooc]-----

(edited by Kasatka on 09-28-02 02:02 AM)
AlainCh

Posted on 09-28-02 08:47 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
[ooc] you have to open his sealed lips, first, without too much damage. Mind there are blood crusts all over - Suggestion: try to moinsten the lips and then use a hay [miss the english word = "tube"] to make him suck the water -- thanks for the care and the money you spent for my Char - you will be surprised if you open the small pouch[/ooc]

I dream. Yes, I dream! I smell a women!!!

What a pleasant smell . Fresh clean ... with sweat in the background, but at least a woman that wash herself!! ...
Wash? .. that means ... Water !!!!

I need to drink water, I need to drink but I can't open my mouth, I can't call the woman of my dream and neither I can say WATER !!!!
I try but all is dark... oh yes! I can't open my eyes. I'm dreaming yes, I'm laying with something soft and with good smell, yes... I'm so tired, so thirsty... Yes,
I need wat...

[ooc]faint again[/ooc]

[OOC]
HARGH ! ! ! after I hit Enter .. I got a doubt:
...Are we in Ragnarok-like world ... or in a moderm contemporary world....
For myself, I was writing as in Ro-World (Without monsters for the moment)
[/OOC]

(edited by AlainCh on 09-28-02 04:51 AM)

(edited by AlainCh on 09-28-02 04:55 AM)
Kasatka

Posted on 09-28-02 09:31 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
-----[ooc]-----
I'm not sure what the setting is exactly with regard to time, so I've been careful not to use any terms that would define it ( used the term plastic in my last post, this can change if anyone desires it - PM me ).
------[/ooc]-----

"Man, how am I going to do this...", she sighs, "...ugh, nasty. He's got blood all over his mouth...". Taking her headband, she pours a little water on the beige material, and wipes the blood away. "Okay, what next..." she says looking him up and down. "(Sunstroke... bleeding... dehydration... and that horrible smell... this guy is lucky to be alive...)" She thought, staring at his face. "Huh? What's that? Did he just flinch? Well at least he isn't dead. Ifthere's one thing I hate it's corpses..." Noticeing hte unmanned horse in the background, she moves over and ties it to a nearby post. "Hmm. I wonder what's in these saddlebags... Maybe I should take a peek..." Moving towards the aminal's cargo, she spills a drop of the water, still in her hands.

"Oh right." her attention returns to the man on the ground across the street. "How am I going to get him to open his mouth..."

Remembering back to her childhood days, she vaguely recalls her brother waking her up in the morings by holdering her nose until eventually she had to breathe through her mouth and woke up...

"(Maybe that will work)", she thinks as she bends over him and holds his nose. Several seconds pass before he shifts uncomfortably and coughs up some blood.
"Oh yuck!" She backs off, cleaning the blood from her face. "Well he isnt dead... Now what will I do..." she thinks long and hard over what to do next. "Maybe he'll drink if I give it to him a bit at a time..."
She pours a little of the now-warmer water in his mouth, trying her bast not to spill any.

"I hope this works..."

-----[ooc]-----
Hey Ming, your story looks like it's moving along quite nicely.
Keep it up

Alain: It was a horse he was riding, right?
-----
"Come join the ranks
In our databanks
And fight without thanks"
-- Science of the Seasons, Russian Futurists

(edited by Kasatka on 09-28-02 07:20 AM)
MingShun

Posted on 09-28-02 03:10 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
[ooc] Don't worry, you can change the world. It should be easy for me to adapt if it makes sense. And like I said, this is an Anime universe, so practically anything can happen. Heck, we should be able to find cavemen and spaceships if we wanted to. Just try and make sure it makes sense. [/ooc]

[ooc] Oh yeah, I'm going to have to make the shopkeeper an NPC... I haveta update Arc's storyline. [/ooc]

He received the fish painting after paying a handsome sum of money. With no money left, he turned to leave the shop.

"Hey, hey! I seem to recall you mentioning a fortune teller!" the shopkeeper called behind his back.

He turned hopeful.

"I'll tell your fortune for another 5,000z!" Duns continued.

Hope turned to despair. Maybe this wasn't the place. "I don't have the money," Arc mumbled, staring at his feet.

"Well then! I guess you should come back when you do have the money. I have a machine that hooks directly up to Yggdrasil, it's accurate but drains a lot of power."

He looked up, and stared at the shopkeeper. Wasn't Yggdrasil the computer that controlled the universe? Surely it would contain the secret that he had longed to find out. (1)

A girl came in and interrupted them for a moment. She looked starved. He wanted to help her, but he didn't have any money...or water. But 100z for water! It'd better be a big bottle! Thankfully the shopkeeper gave her the water for half the price...

The girl left the store, Duns was distraught over a lost sale. He stared at his other customer, his eyes burning like coals over a fire. "I lost money..." he said in a low voice.

The whole image was disconcerting. "Umm...I'll pay the other half along with 5,000z after I get the money! It'll come to 5,052z!"

The shopkeeper continued to stare. Arc decided to raise the price a little more to appease the shopkeeper. He had no idea why he was doing this, he knew he didn't want to raise the price; he was poor enough already. But for some reason he couldn't help it (2).

"5,500?" No change. "6,000?" No change. "7,000?" He finally stated 10,000 zeny. At which point, the shopkeeper's expressions changed from cold and calculating to greedy and calculating.

"What are you waiting for! Get the money, and not a zeny less than 10,000!"

Arc ran out the store clutching the "fish" art, and fearing for his wallet. Wrapped up in his thoughts, he didn't hear the shopkeeper call out. Why did he say 10,000! Why! Where was he going to get the money.

[ooc] There we go. The dialogue doesn't flow too well, but I tried.
--Notes: Find these numbers in the paragraphs above.
(1) Who would be the girl of his dreams of course
(2) OC skill, except this time the Customer is the target T_T
[/ooc]

--------------------
Capporing
AlainCh

Posted on 09-28-02 09:09 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by Kasatka

Alain: It was a horse he was riding, right?

[00c]
Really? Being not sure of the word I was writing of .. I left it ... undefined on purpose.
In english you can " ride" a Bike, a horse ... even a tank.
In this case not having water it would be quite unreal to have it still alive after 4 days intothe desert... But I can mend the previous entry..NP..

Really I would like to stick to a Ragnarok world ! This Forum / people are all related to it
[/00c]

I can't breath! I'm still dreaming the woman. I need to breath!!!

Can't open my mouth, My lips are still sealed by blood and parched by the sun...
I'm suffocking, I try to force open my mouth. When finally the first air enter is full of blood, and it make me cough and cough ...
It hurt, really. My mouth is wet with my own blood. It taste salty, metallic. I try to swallow. It's difficult, but more I swallow, more I got .. and it taste good.. It's not blood.. water jolly good water !
I can't believe a so real and vivid dream.
Then a tougth about my pouch... I reach it under my belt. It's still there.

I smell again the women near to me ... I try to open my eyes but the glare is to much.
I'm not dreaming. I've reached Aire at last! I reconize to store ... I'm just in front of it !!!

And the softness under my head is just the reason of the women smell... A very cute girl is looking at me with worried eyes. My head is on one of her legs.
She giving me water.... She smile...
Her hair and her skirt are covered with small blots of fresh blood . You can see where she wiped her face, some spocks still punctuate the fair skin.
I'm surprised and very curious...

Oh yes! That should be the girl I've seen entering the village and then I should have fainted . She's really nice. I like her ....

The shop keeper coming out of his shop, is calling someone.
I feel so tired, but now I've got enough breath to whisper "thanks" to the girl. The effort seems really to much for me...I feel I'm fainting again ..The girl smile, and again, I'm dreaming

[]

(edited by AlainCh on 09-28-02 05:44 PM)

(edited by AlainCh on 09-28-02 05:52 PM)
MingShun

Posted on 09-28-02 10:26 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
[ooc] hehe, that's funny. Riding a tank in the Ragnarok world. Oh yeah, till we roll over to the next day, I can't update Mei's story. So till we roll over, I'll just write about Arc and his adventures. [/ooc]

--------------------
Capporing
Kasatka

Posted on 09-29-02 12:54 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
-----[ooc]...
Hmm... Looks like this day shouldbe coming to a close some time soon then
I'll add my bit when I repost this in a little while.

Incedentally; where is Aire in terms of it's sorroundings? It's obviously neara desert, but is it seaside or what?
I kinda put a bridge in near the gate, but that's all I can really assume. Oh well, I guess we can build on that as the story progreses!

-----
Never imprison FREE RADICALS or you could end up with CELL DAMAGE!!! Bwahahahahaha
What? you dont like my joke? ;
Never mind. Stupid scientific biology humor. Forget I said anything. (lol)
...[/ooc]-----
MingShun

Posted on 09-29-02 02:43 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
[ooc] Actually, I don't understand it completely...how do you imprison free radicals? Do the cells bond with them? Or does it happen on a smaller molecular level?

Yup according to AlainCh, looks like Aire is near a desert. Also according to AlainCh, it borders a sea too. But according to me, where else would they get fish?
[/ooc]

Where was he going to get money? Right now he had 0 zeny.

He looked at a giant sign right next to him..."Win 100z with just 1z." The guy behind the counter looked just like the shopkeeper...It's just 100z, I can make that...

A farmer promised to pay him if he weeded the field. It sounded like a good prospect, until he noticed a fly land on a nearby sand pit. It lit up with a small puff of flame. "That can't be too good"

He found a small restaurant near the bridge. He walked in with hope, and out with dejection. "Why do they need cute waitresses to cook anyway?" He hadn't noticed the manager worked in a room opposite the stove.

Yay! He finally found it. After 2 hours of walking, he came upon a game building...it was right behind the game booth. Were they all related somehow? Now, he could earn money for beating up a few monsters. Let's see...I wonder why they're giving 5,000z for every poring. Everything else is only 10 - 500z each. Oh well, easy money.

He pulled a club out of his bag. Leaving the game building, he made his way to the gates.

Nothing happened on his way over. He left the gates. The changes were immediate. There was a sea of monsters as far as the eye could see. He had glanced at the unconscious hunter on his way out of Mr. Matelland's shop. Now he wondered how he managed to get past so many creatures. Oddly, they were all porings. Well, he just needed to take down two of em.

Dangit! The club bounced off the first few times. But the poring he was attacking fought back. He finally vanquished the poring. It dropped a jellopy. He picked it up, hoping to sell it. That's when he noticed every poring staring at him. Their normally cheerful expression =3, became an evil cat smirk >=3. The porings slowly closed in...
"Ack! Uh oh...help..."

Making money was hard work...

[ooc] I have this kinda nightmare sometimes...Well not exactly. It's still something I try not to think about...So now...who's brave enough to go against an army of porings. No one? I don't think it'd be a good idea to write this battle scene. Sure, I'd find it hilarious...but the brawl might not be appropriate for the young audience...especially when a poring pulls out a boombox that broadcasts some very evil songs (hey, porings don't have ears you know, they wouldn't care).[/ooc]

--------------------
Capporing

(edited by MingShun on 09-28-02 10:55 PM)
Kasatka

Posted on 09-29-02 09:44 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
-----[ooc]...
You see this is why I usually keep my science jokes on paper...
Fine, I'll try anther one, but you'll have to go to the end of this post for it.
...[/ooc]-----

"Hmmm. Looks like all he needs now is a good sleep." The girl looks into the small cup, now nearly depleted of water, and goes to get a sip for herself.
"Eeeeah! Hot!" The water is now disgustingly hot and no good to anyone, not that there was a useful amount left... "Oh well. Easy come, easy go."

A man passed by them, glancing down at the man next to her. He hada troubled look on his face, and was carrying a club.
"(I hope he isn't trying to go after those damn Porings...)", she thought, "(Those little pests have kept me stuck here for three days now, I cant even go out and make any money...)"

She sat down against the wall of the shop, next to the (once again) unconsious man. Looking over at him, she noticed a small bag tied to his belt.
"(I wonder what he's got there... It sure looks heavy...)", she thought. She towards the pouch at his side and paused momentarily "(I really shouldn't just look without asking...)". Several moments passed. "(Oh well, it's not like I'm going to take anything, and he IS unconsious, so who's going to know?)"

Gently removing the pouch from his belt, she undoes the cords keeping it closed...
Her eyes widenat the sight of the small golden rocks inside, "Is this? (Nah it couldn't be gold... There sure is a lot of it, though...)". Looking back at the man's face, she wonders "(Who is this guy? He looks like a hunter, smells like a miner, but he has way too much money to be either of those. Maybe he's a bandit or a theif... But he doesnt look like a theif I've ever seen...)"
She quickly ties up the bag and replaces it on his belt.

Sitting with her eyes open in the searing afternoon desert heat, the gold and the man were the only things she could think about. "At least he looks confortable, lying there. I wonder what he's thinking about..." she thinks aloud.

All of a sudden, a nervewracking *POP!* echoes throughout the street. A small wad of pinky goo lands at her side. Outside the gate, a woried looking man has bent over and is searching through the remains of a poring. He stood up again, and a worried look came over him. All of a sudden, a pink field of irate porings slowly rose over the hill. They dont look happy. "I hope that guy can run..." She mutters.

Removing a pair of shades from her pocket and puttign them on, she closed her eyes and tried to go to sleep. The afternoon heat did not make this easy.
Her mind began to wander over the events of the past few weeks - first there was the storm in Aegirol, which levelled most of the town and drove out of killed most of the townspeople. Then there was the unpleasant week of searching the debris for her missing brother and mother, neither of whom she found. Ten days after the storms, she eventually had to leave the ruins for lack of food - taking with her the knife her father had given her for her fourteenth birthday, whatever money she could find, a halberd with a broken pole which she had lost somewhere outside town, a small collection of waterlogged foods, and the clothes on her back.

After about a week of walking along the road, she came to the Aegir mountains. Mountains which separated the Aegir province from the endless desert. After buying a bad map from the guards' post in the foothills, she ended up walking 500 miles from the hills to Aire, feeding herself using the money she looted from Aegirol. During the last day of her trip to Aire, she was attacked by a mob of porings after her routine egg-collection trip. She ran all the way into Aire from the river, almost five miles away.
"(Man, I should never have left Home.)", a thoughtful frown crawls across her face, "(You were right, bro. I should have gone with dad.)"

The hot desert sun was setting on the town's walls.
"(Gets dark quickly around these parts...)" she thought, noting that only a few minutes had passed.

-----[ooc]...
Woah. I wrote a lot there.
I hope I havent put anyone to sleep with my backstory there -_-...
Sorry, sometimes i start and then forget that I'm typing at all. Oops.
-----
Stupid MC Hammer jokes:

E = MC Hammer!
Hammer!... Displacement over velocity equals STOP!... HammerTime!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Velocity
(Hammer) --------------------- = (Hammer)Time
. . . . . . . . . . . . Displacement
-----
Enigmatic stopped watch: It tells the correct time twice every day, but you can never be sure when.
...[/ooc]-----

(you better believe this was edited by Kasatka on 09-29-02 05:46 AM trying to get the damn spacing right )

and then AGAIN to enter that witty note...

(edited by Kasatka on 09-29-02 06:31 AM)
Pages: 1 2Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Here's an idea |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.022 seconds.