Pages: 1 2Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 06-05-02

Since last post: 7618 days
Last activity: 7618 days
Posted on 09-29-02 10:08 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
[OOC]
Originally posted by MingShun

It's a nice and sunny day in the village of Aire. The village is located about 5 hours ride north on horseback from the city of Termina. Aire is a small coastal village, the primary occupation being fishing. An occasional merchant helps the tedious life a little.

Yes, I I referred to your surrounding: *

Aire= Coastal City , on the seaside Sea on South
On the west: Termina ** and irrigated country
On the east and north: Desert
The West gate leading to Termina is on a brigde:
It span on a very large creek that is full of water only in the rain season. Right now only a trickle of brown and bitter water is running under the bridge

--> That should justify the price the merchand set for a cup of water
OH !!
Just another silly idea of mine: What about riding a Camel-like creature, instead of a horse?
That should account for the 4 days without water ... and being still alive !

Fishing : It can be done on the sea or on a River. Assuming Aire near the desert, I was thinking about sea fishing.

Waiting your comments before continuing

NOTES:
Here what You said ..... And what I added

5Hours ride from Termina = [list]
Per hours
10/13 miles (15/20km) by horse/Camel 60miles/90Km
40/70 miles (60/100km) by track motorbike 300 miles/450km
60/100 miles (90/150Km) by road motorbike 400miles/600km
RESULT Termina is 100/ 600km depending on condition.
Riding PecoPeco is quite different so I assume it can be 5 maps away
[/list][/OOC]
Kasatka

Since: 09-25-02

Since last post: 7621 days
Last activity: 7879 days
Posted on 09-29-02 10:38 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
[ooc]
I'm not sure it's overly important what the details are, jsut as long asthey make sense and fit the story.

Incedenatally, I sort of worked out a litlte more ofthe details for Aegirol, just because I felt like it, not because it's important.

It's off to the northwest about 800 miles, and is in a separate country. The climate is a temperate one, but it's on the coast and was recently crippled by a storm. (I sort of have is set as being rebuilt, if I/we decideto use it for anything in the future). The easiest way to get there is by train from Terminia, assuming trains are actually allowed in this story Other than that, there's the roads covered in wild animals and crooked patrols that, obviously, dont care much for the safety of passing travellers, nor for the accuracy of their maps.

-----
ahhh god I forgot my little signature!
stupid Karl! Stupid stupid stupid
lol
[/ooc]

(edited by Kasatka on 09-29-02 06:39 AM)
MingShun

Since: 05-10-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7413 days
Last activity: 7413 days
Posted on 09-29-02 03:41 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
[ooc] I think I wasn't worried when I picked up the jellopy...it's what came after that scares me...[/ooc]

The sun finally set. Arc had finally beaten back the last of the psycho porings. Exhausted, he shook off as much pink goo as he could, and he checked his pockets and backpack. They were empty, and he had lost his backpack (it had the very expensive painting in it). Biting back a curse...he tried to remember what had happened.

*flashback*
He was glad that the poring patrol had shown up after they swarmed him. They had helped get the darn porings off of him. But they did not stick around, saying that only people with no common sense would walk into a crowd of porings with harmful intentions. They rode off into the setting sun. The porings looked at him again, and he ran for it.

The Aire's gates were closed, due to the wild poring activity nearby. That was unfortunate. He pulled another club out of hammerspace. This club was made from sheer desperation, and it showed. The first poring he whacked flew off into the distance...

Everything was stunned. The poring stopped taking their time, their rush would have done Counterstriker's proud. Too many! He swung again. He hit one, it bowled over a bunch of others. But they kept coming. He belatedly realized that this was kinda like pool...except he was trying to keep the balls out of the pocket. It also occurred to him that he was a horrible pool player, especially since he kept missing the balls (even though they were everywhere). The jumped him, and he lost his club in the ensuing struggle.

The poring patrol came back. They got the porings off him again. Muttering a few choice words about idiots that keep playing with fire, they left as quickly as they came.

The sea of porings was still there. "Ack!" Another wave crashed into him, and he found himself bouncing around a giant pool of pink jelly. He noticed they were throwing him away from the town. He desperately tried to swim back...but jelly wasn't water...and he couldn't swim either.

He kept bouncing along, until he came to the neighboring city of Meron (located 2 miles northwest of Aire). The porings were almost reluctant to pursue their toy...he still had to fend off the braver few. Thankfully there wasn't a giant crowd after him anymore.

*end flashback*

Now he stood in front of the dark city. It was dangerous to go in, but he didn't have a choice. A novice should not be outside while it was dark out. Sighing, he walked entered the city gates, and was immediately beseiged by the night crowd. He seemed to recall an old friend lived here...

[ooc] Meron is a merchant's city. It's actually pretty safe, though you have to watch your pockets. Porings don't like going because they'd get fleeced rather quickly, and you know how porings like to have things...not lose em. This part came out rather well, I thought all I would write was some weird humor and all. There was some humor, but this chapter actually has substance (it actually went somewhere, not some snapshots of mindless violence.)[/ooc]

--------------------
Capporing

(edited by MingShun on 09-29-02 05:26 PM)
lagwagon

Since: 08-12-02

Since last post: 7570 days
Last activity: 7570 days
Posted on 09-29-02 06:03 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
ok guys i made a map in paint (lol). while it only took like 1 min i think it will be usefull untill i make a 3d model of the city in anim8or (that will take a while cuz im still learning) and ill also make a better map in photoshop.

(P.S. it lost a lot of quality when i saved it as jpg =/)

(P.P.S i will start my character soon. just gotta think more about his background.)

--------------------
       -=[chaos]=-
Kneo   ::  lvl 36/31 theif
Lagwagon ::  lvl 21/20 archer

:: lagwagon was here ::
Kasatka

Posted on 09-29-02 08:26 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
-----[ooc]...

Originally posted by lagwagon
...untill i make a 3d model of the city ...

I may try my hand at that as well

I have more to add to the story, but much of it occurs at night or the following morning. Keep writing guys!
...[/ooc]-----
MingShun

Posted on 09-29-02 09:28 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
[ooc] Seems fun, I should try too! Anyway, the next part is up. All stories should head towards nighttime now. Arc's in a city, and it's night now.[/ooc]

--------------------
Capporing
Kasatka

Posted on 09-30-02 12:09 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
-----[ooc]...
I'm going to start a second character too.
...[/ooc]-----

"Hmm. The sun is going down. I guess I'd better hurry up." he thought as he wandered down the dirty road. Jacob was a biologist, commissioned by the government in Termina, to investigate the recent poring attacks in the Aire fields. He was a tall man, standing a hair above 6' 2", had fair hair and grey eyes. He was wearing some old hardened leather armor and carried a jevelin-style sprear across his back.

The lantern swinging back and forth from the pack mule threw shadows across the plains, making it difficult to recogize any features.
"Crud. I wonder how much farther this town is?" how sighs as he scratcheshis thick mustache.
Just then, a poring, unknown to Jacob, wanders under his foot.
*POP!*
The gooey bubble explodes underfoot, throwing off several jellopies.
A slightly startled Jacob, looking down at the shiny mess at his feet, mutters something about new boots and the idiocy of wild animals these days.
A low rumbling begins to rise around him.
"What the..."
All of a sudden, the mule becomes deeply agitated and begins to figet in it's place.
"Well what's with you all of a sudden?" Jacob turns to tend to his mule, not noticing the pinky field of smiling blobs rising on the moonlit horizon.
Once he had finished with the mule, he turns around just in time to see the evil grin of the first poring, racing closer to him from about 20 feet away.
"Ooooohhhh, this won't end well." he turns around, emptying his pockets into the mule's saddlebags and wrapping all of his things with a cloth sheet in one of the packages*.
Pushing the mule onwards, he takes the javelin from over his shouler and begins prodding at the blobs behind him. After two blows the first poring drops, and is immediately mauled by the mob behind it, taking all of their fallen comrades former possessions. On they bounce, chasing the man and his donkey.
"This isn't so hard, I can see the light on the gate at Aire already." Jacob begins to relax his pace as the porings fall behind.
Stabbing wildly at the stonger porings still giving chase, more and explode into slimy little piles with tiny *POP*s, alerting more and more poringsto the carnages in porgress across Aire field.

"Something's wrong. The town lights should be brighter than they are..."
The two figures silhouetted in the moonlight, continue their trip across the countryside.
From about 500 yards away, Jocob notices something is wrong with the town...
"What the... THE GATE IS CLOSED! Oh wonderful! When those porings catch up to me, I'm...", he pauses... "well not dead, exactly, but I dont really want to stay up all night annihilating porings..."
About a minute later, he arrives at the city game and begins knocking frantically, "Hey! Is anyone awake in there? Open the gate! Please! Hurry!" the panicked man shouts.

Slowly but steadily, the small blobs begin mounting in a half-circle around Jacob and his mule at the wetern gate of Aire. Their menacing, evil grins all staring straight at the mule. Jacob points his spear at one of them, and begins swinging it about, all the while shouting taunts at the porings, "Come on, come on, bring it! Who wants to go first?"

-----[ooc]...
* This is dont because porings have trouble stealing things larger them themselves, otherwise, they could just engulf whole people, right?

I don't really know how I'm goign to end this. I'll figure it out depending on whether anything else happens iwth the west gate or not.

I was re-reading this thread and I realized that my bio for my first character got cut off -
She's 66" (five and a half feet) tall, has shoulder-length silver-white hair and red eyes (not bloodshot, just imagine someone with blue eyes and replace the blue with red)
-----
"Be careful kids, once the sun goes down, all the weirdos turn crazy."
-- Homer Jay Simpson
...[/ooc]-----
lagwagon

Posted on 09-30-02 01:10 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
"Oh no, the sun is going down. I hope the place they call Aire is here soon..."
Gen removed an old, tattered map from the pouch under his belt and studied it for a minute.
"Lets see... according to the map I am .3 miles from the damned place... but the dark is setting in and I see no light!"
He didnt know this was because the high grass ahead, which looked like the horizon to him, was blocking the lights.
POP
"What was that?!"
Immediatly and instinctively, he withdrew his stilletto from it's sheath on his belt. While the dagger was a sutible weapon for a theif like himself, he longed for a Damascus, or at least a Gladius, but he, coming from a poor family of archers, could never afford one. He currently had with him 1,123z, 10 red potions, his map, and his stilletto.
He ran in the direction the sound came from, which was the same direction as the town. Running through the tall grass, he suddenly saw 2 lights... one from the town gates, and another seemed like a lantern which would be carried by a traveller.
Further he ran, and soon he saw a field of pink. He recognized them immediatly as porings. Hadn't he heard somthing about the porings around Aire. It was probably just some gossip he heard while he rested at the many camps along the way. Yes it was quite a distance to walk from Centia... almost 160 miles. The journy had taken him almost 5 months and now he was here.
Looking harder at the field of porings, he saw that the lantern was being held by a person, along with some sort of a spear. He was being mobbed by hundreds of porings!
I MUST HELP gen thought
"HEY!! YOU JUST HANG IN THERE IM COMING TO HELP!!"
he ran as fast as he could. When he reached the perimiter of the porings, he began to stabb some of them. It took about 2 hits to kill each and he dodged most of their attacks, because his Str and Dex were not yet trained but his Agi was very high. He was averaging at about 30 hp damage each slash. He moved inward to help the man being mobbed, but the porings were overwhelming. He had only just become a theif before he began on his jouney, and almost never trained along the way.
All he could thing about was helping the man, but he was getting severly hurt.
Gen knew he did not have a chance, but if the man could save them or get the obviously locked gate open... so he did somthing he was very unsure about..
"Mister! Mister! Take theese!" He threw his potion bag to the man. The poring's poisonous goo stung, but he didnt notice. All he could think about was helping the man and making sure he got the potions. Then, he fell. He saw a lot of pink, and then all he saw was black.

---------------
[ooc]
wow i wrote a lot. anyway... lol tell me if im doing this wrong, because i have never done this before.
[/ooc]

--------------------
       -=[chaos]=-

(edited by lagwagon on 09-29-02 09:13 PM)

(edited by lagwagon on 09-30-02 12:07 AM)
Kasatka

Posted on 09-30-02 07:36 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
-----[ooc]...
I have no idea where I'm going to go with this
I'll have something by tomorrow...
I hope...
-----
Rah, Rah, Rasputin
- Lover of the Russian queen
- - There was a cat that really was gone~
Rah, Rah, Rasputin
- Russia's greatest love machine
- - It was a shame how he carried on~
-- "Rasputin"
...[/ooc]-----
MingShun

Posted on 10-01-02 12:11 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
He wandered around the city. Meron was a busy city, even at night. Merchants lined the main road that he walked on. Candles lit their booths. Thankfully there wouldn't be a fire anytime soon, while electricity wasn't cheap, those candles were actually electric lamps. He thought about it a moment, and concluded that perhaps it was more cost effective if your booth didn't burn down every night.

Spirits wandered the city too. He accidentally walked through one of them. His parents told him that Meron was once a great graveyard, inhabited by ghosts, ghouls, and zombies of all kinds. It was odd how someone came up with the idea to build a city on the graveyard. Apparently they tried to build during the day, as most of the deceased had to hide from the sun at that time. As more people moved in, they began to dislike the walking dead. There were a few zombies and ghouls that terrorized the people...and ate a few of em, yuck.

The people waged war against the undead though. Priests were brought in to exorcise the spirits. Most of the exorcisms were successful, after all spirit sightings are rare these days. One could become an acolyte here if they wished, the priests had a church built here to celebrate their victory over evil (though they exorcised the peaceful, friendly spirits too, which wanted to stay . Guess you can't win em all.)

Arc traveled to a nice house located on an alley off the main road. He knocked on the door. OH MY GOD. He knew that his friend didn't sleep with the walking dead. Priests don't usually do that unless they're exorcising something. The glowing red aura nearby made him realize that he probably said it out loud. He wasn't sure why the girl was mad. If you heard his real words, "Ewww!!!" Real smooth...

"Hey! What did I do wrong! I'm sorry for whatever I did! !!! Woah! Would you like your shoes back! Ahh! Where'd you get that grenade!" He ran away. He turned around and saw a giant explosion. I guess you could say that after all was said and done, the alley was widened sufficiently enough to be called a highway.

He walked through the same alley, quietly this time. He had to have gone to the wrong house last time. Maybe he confused a 6 for a 9. But alas, he wasn't quiet enough, and from the upstairs window of the same home, a flower pot dropped out. He was so intent on walking quietly that he walked too slowly. Something shattered on his head and he fell over...ah, to hell with his friends house. He was out a moment after.

[ooc] Haha, I couldn't really think of something that would piss off a girl. It's the closest I could come up with [/ooc]

--------------------
Capporing
lagwagon

Posted on 10-01-02 10:31 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
[ooc]umm.... i dont get it ming
anyway... i found a sutible host for my php scripts so ill start working on it probably tonight. mind ye, it will be quite some time before its done.

lol sorry hyper for using your avatar... it just expressed my feeling so well LOL![/ooc]

--------------------
       -=[chaos]=-

(edited by lagwagon on 10-01-02 06:35 PM)

(edited by lagwagon on 10-02-02 05:46 PM)
MingShun

Posted on 10-01-02 10:42 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Get what? If you're referring to my comment, then would replacing Arc's "Eww" with "What an ugly zombie" make more sense? That's what I had before I rewrote that part. And I really don't know whether girls would get angry at you if you commented that way about their looks...

--------------------
Capporing

(edited by MingShun on 10-01-02 06:45 PM)
lagwagon

Posted on 10-01-02 11:40 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
[ooc]ohoh i get it i just had to re read it[/ooc]

--------------------
       -=[chaos]=-

(edited by lagwagon on 10-02-02 05:47 PM)
MingShun

Posted on 10-02-02 02:34 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
[ooc] I've been spending the past hour looking for how to find the minimum distance between two lines in 3d space. What can I write tonight? Arc's going to be out for the night. Mei's gone to bed. Looks like I'll have to wait till the sun comes up for any real fun[/ooc]

Mei packed the usual goods as she prepared to go adventuring. Honestly, she couldn't understand why her mage uniform had to be so skimpy. *Sigh* can't forget the staff. She spent the rest of her night planning out what she was going to say to her brother. Of course most of the night was spent sleeping, she didn't come up with anything that would work.

---

Arc had a dreamless sleep. He didn't notice when someone picked him up and carried him off.

[ooc] I'll add to these if I come up with anything. Nice and short, ne? [/ooc]

--------------------
Capporing
Kasatka

Posted on 10-02-02 05:36 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
[OOC]
My brain kinda goes on hold during the week, so I may not get a lot done.
If a good situation presents itself, I'll add to that

Incedentally, didnt the "4-Words Game" Thread turn into a game of catch between Ming and Lagwagon?
-----
What an utterly worthless post.
(-_-) *scoffs at self*
[/OOC]
lagwagon

Posted on 10-02-02 09:49 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
yah it did. we gave it up.... we need more players!!!!! oh yah and my character is currently unconcious so i guess its up to you for now kasat or Alain

--------------------
       -=[chaos]=-

MingShun

Posted on 10-02-02 09:52 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Morning came. We zoom over to Mei's residence.

It's a large home; her friend's family had lived in the house for generations. Mei liked and disliked living at her friend's house. It was nice and homey, the smell of fresh flowers lingered in the air. Everything was nicely kept, in fact the stairs didn't even creak. But Mei had been afraid to live in the house ever since she "saw" the ghost that showed up in her bedroom last year. Luckily the house was made for mages, the fireball Mei created was the largest one yet. And without her staff too . Maybe it was her imagination, but she hadn't had a good night's sleep unless she slept outside.

We end up in Mei's room, and find that she isn't there. Humm...Looks like she left early. There is a note on her bed...

Sakura, I know I already told you last night, but I really wasn't joking. This time if I return to the house, kick me out like you promised me so many times. Thanks for being a friend, and I'll write soon!
Mei

Pan outside to the town. Nice and peaceful during this time of day. The air is a little chilly. This is the better part of Termina. Located outside of the city limits. Looks like Mei had headed into Termina to obtain the rest of the supplies she would need.

---

Arc sat up.

"Ah, good! You're awake! How do you feel?" came a voice from his left.

"My head hurts," Arc said as he turned to find the source of the voice. Sitting on his left side, he found a person dressed in lightweight, silver robes. "Where am I?" He decided to ask.

"Ah, you're in the church of Meron. This room is also known as the dormitories, it's where we come and rest when we're weary."

"You're a priest then?" Arc wondered aloud.

"Me? Oh no no. I am but a lowly acolyte. Ming's the name..." Ming extended his hand.

"Call me Arc!" Arc smiled as he shook hands. It looks like a neat friendship was going to take place.

[ooc]*sigh* I don't talk alot, so I'm not really sure if two people can meet that way. It sounds like it would work. Oh, and Ming is going to be an NPC. I'm not going to write in his pov. I get the feeling I'm adding too many characters. Who can't keep up?[/ooc]

--------------------
Capporing

(edited by MingShun on 10-03-02 08:55 PM)
Pages: 1 2Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Here's an idea |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.014 seconds.