Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-28-24 04:13 PM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - RO Status & Updates |
Pages: 1 2Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 09-25-02

Since last post: 7616 days
Last activity: 7873 days
Posted on 10-14-02 07:28 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
== Okay, we'll just keep this thread stickied. For updates or server status or whatnot, please post into this thread.==

It's been a while, and, as none of you have probably noticed, I haven't been around.
What's going on with iRO?
When will it come back up? Will it at all?
I have been reading fragments of posts, and my tiny brain has shuddered violently at the attempt.
I have gotten some heresay about overseas RO systems not comping olnie again and this is the best place (I could think of) to check.

Well, back to rifling through sites and old posts.

-----
STOP SHUDDERING! THE MONITOR IS STARTING TO RESONATE AND IF IT GETS ANY WORSE, YOU'LL CAUSE IT T...

(edited by DaiSHi on 10-14-02 01:05 AM)
HyperSauce

Since: 04-28-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7734 days
Last activity: 7367 days
Posted on 10-14-02 08:25 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
No news about iRO status, although the English main site is down for the moment...

A new GM named Rim Rex has joined Christy, who appears to have very good English writing skill.

Others:

cRO (Chinese) seems to be still open beta.

tRO (Thai) will be open beta Oct, 25th 18:00 (GMT+7 local time).

jRO (Japanese) still has that IP block going strong...

kRO (Korean) is getting all sorts of crazy new cool stuff.

Sources:
http://www.ixlair.com (formerly www.ixga.com)
http://www.ragnaroksource.com
http://www.ro-world.com

On an unrelated note, RO Fanart books are on sale. They can be ordered from the above sites.

(edited by HyperSauce on 10-15-02 09:06 AM)
Kasatka

Since: 09-25-02

Since last post: 7616 days
Last activity: 7873 days
Posted on 10-15-02 07:13 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by HyperSauce
...A new GM named Rim Rex has joined Christy, who appears to have very good English writing skill...

I'm not sure quite how this effects RO.
Forgive my asking, but could you elaborate?
-----
Wow.
Something of Karl's actually amounted to something.
*stunned horror*
HyperSauce

Posted on 10-15-02 04:11 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by Kasatka
Originally posted by HyperSauce
...A new GM named Rim Rex has joined Christy, who appears to have very good English writing skill...

I'm not sure quite how this effects RO.
Forgive my asking, but could you elaborate?
-----
Wow.
Something of Karl's actually amounted to something.
*stunned horror*

Probably faster translation and better service for future users of iRO.

I forgot to mention that he is Korean, and that he was hired by Gravity for the job of GM (I guess I had been implicit on those things).
MingShun

Since: 05-10-02

Since last post: 7408 days
Last activity: 7408 days
Posted on 10-17-02 02:16 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I checked iXGA out today. Looks like RO Thai is closing down for a moment. They'll reopen in 10 days. I don't understand what they mean when they say changing from closed beta to open beta, can anyone clarify?

P.S. I don't know if I should be posting this. After all, it's about tRO, not iRO. Anyway, lemme know by PM if it's inappropriate.

--------------------
No idea, what should I write anyway?

(edited by MingShun on 10-16-02 07:21 PM)
DaiSHi

Since: 05-03-02

Since last post: 7360 days
Last activity: 7360 days
Posted on 10-17-02 02:25 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by MingShun
P.S. I don't know if I should be posting this. After all, it's about tRO, not iRO. Anyway, lemme know by PM if it's inappropriate.

well...you're not talking about spoofing ip's or playing on tRO... just giving news... i guess that's alrite

--------------------
Loki: DaiSHi 49/38 future knight, H.O.L.Y.Merchant OC
peekaboo
ParA

Since: 05-25-02

Since last post: 7556 days
Last activity: 7812 days
Posted on 10-17-02 03:16 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
cRO should be p2p by now...

--------------------
As for me, I came back to ensure there would be a future. To teach the world that it no longer needed guardians. The hope for future generations has always resided in mortal hands. And now that my task is done, I'll take my place amongst the legends of the past...
-ParA, Shamistic Dragon
MingShun

Posted on 10-17-02 03:55 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Ah, okay. I'll keep it clean then. More news from iXGA. Here's how I interpret it.
The iRO servers will be char-wiped, which is pretty cool...but I'll miss my old chars.

Also, some of gravity's employees will be working on tRO first, I guess maybe to make sure everything runs smoothly. If all goes according to plan, then iRO will be reopened within 12 weeks.

Check it out, here. I obtained this info from the 3 newest news threads. To skip the flash intro, go here

--------------------

(edited by MingShun on 10-17-02 08:57 AM)
lagwagon

Since: 08-12-02

Since last post: 7565 days
Last activity: 7565 days
Posted on 10-19-02 11:29 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
i heard pretty much the same thing from this pak0 thread.

--------------------
       -=[chaos]=-
Kneo   ::  lvl 36/31 theif
Lagwagon ::  lvl 21/20 archer

:: lagwagon was here ::
MingShun

Posted on 10-22-02 05:29 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Neato! Who's up for a contest? It looks like ixLair is hosting 2 contests at the same time. Test your art skills or your story writing. I wonder what a plat is though...

Oh, I think I figured it out. A plat is a unit of currency, like the rupees in zelda. Looks like you need to be a member to join then, cause I really don't see any purpose of earning imaginary money, unless you're participating in their role playing game. At least I think ixLair has some RPG scripts, many of the people conversing in the forums have an Rpg Avatar complete with stats and job. It seems fun, but I don't feel like RPGing at the moment. But lemme know if you wanna simple sketch, I specialize in stick figures .

--------------------

(edited by MingShun on 10-21-02 10:36 PM)

(edited by MingShun on 10-21-02 10:38 PM)
lagwagon

Posted on 10-22-02 06:04 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
it does look fun, but im gettin really busy in school. one thing that i wanted to ask was how long has this place been around? the total post count for thier forums is more than 92,000 posts!
anyway... yah im bad at drawing so i guess you would be better off getting stick figueres from ming =)

--------------------
       -=[chaos]=-

Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Posted on 10-22-02 02:14 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
fyi, ixlair is ixga, we decided to change to a new domain, and i was the one who programmed the site completly from scratch in php
lagwagon

Posted on 10-24-02 10:30 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
wow! sweet i was looking at it and i was ambivilant weather to mention how cool the site looked becuase it didnt really relate. anyway, about the subject, why do you think the pWipe is going to be cool ming? i really want to keep my characters, they were finnally starting to get rich!

well i guess its for the best of the majority tho, and who am i to decide what gravity does?

--------------------
       -=[chaos]=-

MingShun

Posted on 10-25-02 11:11 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
ixLair has some new posts.

Let's see, for one tRO now has open registration for its beta. Also, foreign ip's are being blocked. According to Pae, you can create an account, but you can't get onto the server. He also mentions that maybe they'll lift the ban, because there might be a large number of students studying abroad that would like to play too...I'm not really sure they would need to if iRO opens soon though. I find the cultural mix on the iRO server fascinating, so I would be worried if the foreign servers try to steal their culture away.

Oh, It seems like iRO's website has reopened too, which is kind of weird. I think I visited the iRO website a week ago (ragnarokonline.com and click on the english right?) with no problems. So either the server has been going on and off, or my computer had the entire website stored to cache (Not very likely, I never got the program that did that. At least I hope.)

All done!

[edit] Looks like the levels are bigger now. I read somewhere on ixLair that there's a fish monster on bibalan lvl 4-5. The bibilan I went to only had 3 lvls. Whee, more places to explore.

[another edit] speaking of bibilan, what's with the fish joke in ixLair?

[someone else reply so I can stop editing] There are rumors that RO will be restarted soon. But there hasn't been any official action. I guess the rumor is based on the fact Gravity said 3 months. Lol, you know, I was expecting RO to be up in October. Essentially, I counted August as one month. Heh, stupid relativity.

--------------------

(previously edited by MingShun on 10-26-02 10:23 PM)

(edited again by MingShun on 10-27-02 05:39 PM)

(edited by MingShun on 11-02-02 10:38 AM)
Kaz

Since: 06-24-02

Since last post: 7508 days
Last activity: 7583 days
Posted on 11-17-02 05:57 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Edited! Weeee!The patch server is down. However somebody with no life checked the other patch servers and official grav IPs (ftp://66.45.54.37/)to find a patch containing the message about Ero being up. Ero? Yeah, that's wierd. It was dated the 16th.

The news... I think database is down with the error "unspecified error". Yes, it actually does say that (80004005). So it could mean that they're moving the servers around and it'll be up soon. Sasami, please check it out and give us opinions!

Btw: ragnarok is able to be patched to connect to the new server, but Rag.exe tells me to run Ragnarok.exe even though I clicked sign up... and apparently Rag.exe doesn't connect to a new server if there is one O.o. Help?

Thank you.

(edited by Kaz on 11-17-02 03:17 PM)
HyperSauce

Posted on 11-18-02 01:11 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
enweb.ragnarokonline.com (Main English site) has its news and notice database down...

As for the patch server, I followed the steps of what was done and got the same result. Seems things are looking up, but I wouldn't go around ringing bells for the return of Ragnarok Online just yet.
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Posted on 11-18-02 05:23 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
client automatically disconnects when you enter your name and password if you bypass the patch server.
Kaz

Posted on 11-18-02 11:23 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
So shouldn't you edit the client to connect to a possible "the new server"?
MingShun

Posted on 11-18-02 11:41 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
You'd have to know what the ip address of the server is, and if it's taking logons. It seems that the server you're connecting to can force a client disconnect.

--------------------
This is my signature, what else do you think it could be?

(edited by MingShun on 11-18-02 03:44 PM)
Kaz

Posted on 11-19-02 11:55 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
The notices are back up?

EDIT: Nvm

"Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03f9'

Expected 'Then'

/allim/boardA_view1.asp, line 226

if request("wid")<>""irogm" or request("wid")<>"irosubgm1" or request("wid")<>"irosubgm2" then
---------------------^
"

My 1337 error lookup skillz fail me.

(edited by Kaz on 11-19-02 03:57 PM)
Pages: 1 2Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - RO Status & Updates |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.013 seconds.