Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-27-24 10:26 PM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - What is going on everything RO related? |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 10-24-02

Since last post: 7815 days
Last activity: 7642 days
Posted on 10-24-02 08:27 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I just finished looking at a thread at ixlair, and I'm just astonished at what is going on with IRO right now. For a game that hasn't officially been released here yet, there is quite a bit of history involved with it.

I started playing this game right when Beta 1 came out in December. My brother introduced me to the game, because he heard about it from a Korean friend who told him "The game is pretty well developed, and they're worked quite a bit of problems out of the game" At the time, what he said was true. The game wasn't laggy, and the gameplay was great. The only real annoying things were the patches, since the patch server wouldn't let you download the patches half the time.

I got addicted to RO easily, and I started looking for different sites on the game for information. RO-World was one of the first sites I found, and they had a nice arrangement of information. I went there for a while, until my brother found JoeTheDude's site. Info there was great, and he had most every item in the game. I would always check stuff between those two sites when I couldn't get patches (And before I found out about the patch bypass trick) RoWorld had great forums, while JoeTheDude had RO info. Later on though, RO-World closed down instantly for no reason. I needed another site with good furms, so I found ro.pak0. Since that site had forums similar to RO-World, it was like having a new home. From there, I found out about the merchant Guild, RagnarokSource, Library of Prontera, and a bunch of other small fansites.... including Sasami's site. At first, I did not pay much attention to here, I guess it was because all the other sites had so much. But after a while, site after site started closing down. Ro.Pak0, Joe the Dude's, LoP. A lot of people became frustrated with RO and how Gravity handled the American market.

Before beta 2 launched, I started checking back here more and more just to find out what was going on with RO, what the alpha was like, and just to see what intelligent people had to say. Apparently, every little story had two sides, whether it was Luna and his webhosts, Joe the Dude and Gravity, Watashiwa and ROW..... Christy and Sasami.. I had no idea.what was really going on till I heard it here. Normally I wouldn't get involved in finding out what is going on with a game if I was addicted to it so much. RO was really a great, yet simple MMORPG, and I hope it comes back. Its just too bad that a fledgling company like Gravity can't handle the public or its product.

Now, after seeing a small thread about Sniffer and Ixlair on Ixlair, I'm wondering how Gravity will handle the game after it gets released here. There are so many people still dedicated to the game, and many others that could help Gravity if they bothered to listen to people.

But I am wondering, with all this drama going on with the GM's and other RO's in Asia, will Gravity ever recognize any of the Fansites here, or people who have constantly e-mailed them with hacks, bugs and info?

By the way, whats going on with all these RO fansites, why are they not updating or shutting down, is it just because iRo may never open again?

(edited by Prak on 10-24-02 01:28 AM)
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Since: 02-18-02
Rating: 10 (1030 pts)

Since last post: 7359 days
Last activity: 7359 days
Posted on 10-24-02 02:46 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
*thinks of going and grabbing a cup of coffie to wake up and more easily get cracking on a response but is too lazy* um... first that thread at ixlair was all 99% bs... fyi if you didnt know... and if you really wanted to know everything thats been happening in the scene since late alpha, I have the long history up on my page, though it is more centered on my view of it around the hacks and stuff... theres so much history noone really knows about and I think it best to stay that way. Fansites should just be fansites and not affect the users with the admins squabbles. The only 2 places i have effectivly seen do that are pak0 and ixlair. Alpha ruled! only problem was a bit of lag. ro-world shut down beacause wata was jealous of other fansites that had moore opportunities than him because he thought he deserved everything, and that if he didnt get what he want noone should get anything. I realized this after talking to him every day for months personally... Joe The Dude was sort of on a heros quest trying to improve things in a good way, but only whining about something doesn't get it done much, he was overestimating his reputation as a community figure and didn't get what he want so he didn't want to think about ragnarok anymore. merchant guild never really had any problems themselves, they have been a good site except for a squirmish caused by the prontera perish with ixlair which was pretty stupid and mg stupidly decided to drag themselves in. Ragnarok Source from the beggining has been doomed due to the admins... xerin has always been a bad person, and apparently wata just kicked out luna being wata owns the server... Library of Prontera has always had good admins too, at one point xerin had tried to seize control of it, though he did none of the work, but he didn't succeed. because of internal strife a lot of them just closed down. I remember at one point some real mean person hacked and deleted the geffin chronicle.. that wasnt cool at all. As far as I see it, the only sites that survived are the ones that try to steer clear and have as little to do with the other fan sites, besides a link, as possible. Most people that are admins of the large sites are looking more for fame than to help the community, but not always. I miss alpha :'( Chritsy and I just had too much between us that kind of ruined things. I was trying to get information to the company about exploits and bugs in the game that needed to be fixed and sent them through her, and nothing happened. What I hadn't realized at the time was she had no say in anything, she was basically a translator. She also stood me up once when she asked me to wait for her in ragnarok so I could show her something... I waited a few hours. I made her hate me when I publically posted everything gravity had been up to. All i can say is, all gravity cares about it the money, why should they care about the people?
The fansites shut down because they are tired of the drama, which i perfectly understand.
MingShun

Since: 05-10-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7407 days
Last activity: 7407 days
Posted on 10-24-02 06:41 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
You read a whole thread?
I'm impressed, they gain replies very quickly...
Heck, I spent an hour trying to finish one, but I decided to quit when I got halfway there...

--------------------
No idea, what should I write anyway?
Prak

Posted on 10-24-02 07:03 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Yea, I remember when Christy didn't show up to meet you, I think that was your final straw with Gravity Sasami.

I showed some friends at school RO, and they were pretty impressed with the game (And scared how easily it could catch on The game has great potential, and if it gets released here, it will probably be popular no matter what.

I wasn't sure about the thread on ixlair, but when they included the story about Yahoo, it seemed to have some credibility. I remember him on loki. Hated him because he was good and loved to brag. (Plus he would always wait for me to die before helping kill Mistress) He was legit though, and I always wondered why he got banned. I heard so many stories why, but the consensus was that he made someone at Gravity mad. Man, I hoped that wasn't true.... Its kind of a scary thought.

If RO ever comes back, I'll probably play it. I've been trying a lot of MMORPG's, and this is till better than any of the others I've played.
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 10-24-02 09:40 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
i made a long post on page 5 of that thread responding to it all. The part with yahoo had half truths. Yahoo was a bot account shared between 10 or so people which was why it/they where banned.

[edit] thats what i heard and am pretty sure what happened. Can't guarentee that though...

(edited by Sasami on 10-24-02 02:41 PM)
Tyrlan

Since: 03-16-02

Since last post: 7542 days
Last activity: 7510 days
Posted on 10-26-02 11:34 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
The only thing I can say now is that I think it's a good thing Cristy isn't handling iRO anymore... I hope the new admin does a better job at it. Also looks like we will get a little bit of better support, because NCsoft is handling it now and they are pretty good with these things. Although the message about how iRO "will be totaly changed" when it comes back has to have me very worried at the moment. Oh well that's what we have other games for.

I have to agree that good fansites, the ones that try to help the players and are not there for the glory, are really hard to come by.
Sasami

Goddess in Training

Posted on 10-26-02 04:28 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
#1 chritsy cann't be blamed for anything positive or negative that happened on iro, she had no power whatsoever, she acted basically as a scapegoat and translator. The only thing that will be changed with/if it ever comes back is a char wipe.
ParA

Since: 05-25-02

Since last post: 7556 days
Last activity: 7811 days
Posted on 10-27-02 03:38 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
just to inform u... the iro website is back up now

--------------------
As for me, I came back to ensure there would be a future. To teach the world that it no longer needed guardians. The hope for future generations has always resided in mortal hands. And now that my task is done, I'll take my place amongst the legends of the past...

-ParA, Shamistic Dragon
DaiSHi

Since: 05-03-02

Posted on 10-27-02 08:51 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
i swear... everyone ignores the stickied post... please put iRO server/page status up there

--------------------
Loki: DaiSHi 49/38 future knight, H.O.L.Y.Merchant OC peekaboo
Prak

Posted on 10-28-02 01:01 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Aren't GM's supposed to have some powers on realms so they can fix problems? Since they are the main people that handle e-mails from users, why can't they have any power?

Arg, makes no sense. I'm wondering if Gravity knows what a GM is.
Kasatka

Since: 09-25-02

Since last post: 7615 days
Last activity: 7872 days
Posted on 10-30-02 09:57 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
The more I read these, the more Gravity sounds like a government bureaucracy where everyone pretends to have power, but when crunch time comes, the only 'power' they excersize is the power to pass the blame to thenext lowest person. The lowest or last person, then MUST become thescapegoat for lack of a subordinate to blame. All other problems can be unloaded onto this person, then they maybe repremanded or sacked at the organization's discretion. People like that are a lot like the cardboard box you throw your trash out in. It doesnt deserve to go in the truck, but so it goes - the next week you'll have one just like it, though with some differences.
-----
That's just how I call it. If I'm wrong, please, by all means, correct me.
This analogy is based on the government, but Gravity sounds a lot like it from what I've read here.
Now let's all go and watch our administration hire some more boxes.
Kaz

Since: 06-24-02

Since last post: 7507 days
Last activity: 7582 days
Posted on 11-03-02 01:31 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
RO is suppoused to be up today... if you're allowed to bypass patch server, check it for us please ^^. Somebody said loki was up for just a split second on their status viewer. It's possible that it was a glitch right?
DaiSHi

Since: 05-03-02

Posted on 11-03-02 01:59 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by Kaz
RO is suppoused to be up today... if you're allowed to bypass patch server, check it for us please ^^. Somebody said loki was up for just a split second on their status viewer. It's possible that it was a glitch right?

could have been. just sit tight everyone. if i hear any word i'll post in the status sticky. so please no "is it up yet?" unless you really wanna test my patience; i see enough of it in the pak0 chat.

--------------------
Loki: DaiSHi 49/38 future knight, H.O.L.Y.Merchant OC peekaboo
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - What is going on everything RO related? |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.014 seconds.