Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-29-24 11:34 AM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Oh I just love this company... |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 03-16-02

Since last post: 7543 days
Last activity: 7512 days
Posted on 12-04-02 04:25 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
... well actully I think it's more the fans of the game. They want it so much they are demanding too much too fast. They should have slowly opened up the beta over the course of a week or 2, working up in the number of players on the server. This is how most beta's i've been in work. But instead they open it up to a few thousand people who will keep spamming/hammering the server even after it's posted that it's down. I whould love to see my mmo or something like RO come out and be sucessful, but if I was in charge I whould be very careful about how to handle alpha/beta/launch. Heck gravity should just throw up the old alpha server and make people happy while they work on the beta server. I mean they should still have the code.

I think one of the big problems gravity is faceing is the fact that not only are they making multiple languages of RO (which is a good thing) but they are doing each language at different stages of the game. I know how frustrating as a programmer moving on in a project only to have to go back and have to recode something again is also.
MingShun

Since: 05-10-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7409 days
Last activity: 7409 days
Posted on 12-04-02 05:46 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
I guess as long as gravity is informed. It'll get better. Do you think they'll move the int'l server back to the US?

--------------------
This is my signature, what else do you think it could be?
DaiSHi

Since: 05-03-02

Since last post: 7361 days
Last activity: 7361 days
Posted on 12-05-02 07:35 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Originally posted by MingShun
I guess as long as gravity is informed. It'll get better. Do you think they'll move the int'l server back to the US?

the int'l server isn't in southern california anymore? they moved them back?

--------------------
Loki: DaiSHi 49/38 future knight, H.O.L.Y.Merchant OC peekaboo
MingShun

Since: 05-10-02

Since last post: 7409 days
Last activity: 7409 days
Posted on 12-05-02 09:29 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Oh, I thought the server was in Korea at the moment. For proof, I offer the fact that I seem to recall gravity mentioning that the lag was due to a problem in the international network backbone, or something like that. Maybe I misinterpreted.

--------------------
This is my signature, what else do you think it could be?
lagwagon

Since: 08-12-02

Since last post: 7566 days
Last activity: 7566 days
Posted on 12-05-02 10:08 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
the servers were or still are in southern CA?!
lol I live there and I even got lag! I wonder if they had an OC connection... because I dont think t3's would be able to handle all those people. Does anyone know? I'm curious

--------------------
       -=[chaos]=-
Kneo   ::  lvl 36/31 theif
Lagwagon ::  lvl 21/20 archer

:: lagwagon was here ::
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Oh I just love this company... |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.01 seconds.