Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums
Register | Login | Logout | Edit profile | Avatars
Views: 410016
Main | Memberlist | Member pages | Online users
Ranks | Chat | New Chat | FAQ | Search | Photo album
04-29-24 04:21 AM
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Cute rumors/drama ideas |
Next newer thread | Next older thread
User

Since: 06-05-02

Since last post: 7543 days
Last activity: 7543 days
Posted on 12-04-02 06:51 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Found some interesting gossip from Apezro... and saw it circulating some irc rooms for a short while...
Seems like a cute drama that could be playing out, true or false it's interesting speculation and considering the drama that's played out in the ragnarok community in the past, I wouldn't consider this to be very far off~

By RagnarokWizard of ApezRO
Recently the iRO servers had just gone up, and as most people know, you must pay to play. The thing that most people don't know, is that we are just guiney pigs. As you all know, the closed beta is going to last for 2 months. Most people should be asking themselves "What the hell is going to happen after that?" Well, as soon as those two months are up, the bidding will comence. Yes that's right, gravity is selling out iRO. But now, that SHOULD be a good thing, as most likely a company in the US is going to buy it, and maybe we will have better management. The thing is, as of now, the buyer at the top of the list is Verant, the makers of Everquest. Now all of you should be going "woohoo, we get servers that are like the eq servers!" But sadly, Verant has no intrest in hosting iRO or even putting it up as p2p. To Verant, iRO is a threat to Everquest, and to keep it from entering the US and creating competition with EQ, Verant has decided to buy iRO out.

Now a little more juicy little info.

Christy has obviously learned of these actions and is mad and trying to stop the sale. This is where our friend Rex Rim comes into the show. Mr. Kang says that if Christy misbehaves, she will be fired from the position as iRO GM, and Rex will be her replacement....

http://66.227.96.100/~apez/index.php?act=ST&f=3&t=1165&s=81f81465d061a09214e6f7e003cdf515

gasp, what will happen in the episodes to follow in this exciting drama~
Any insight you might be able to shine on the situation Sasami?

--------------------
~_~
HyperSauce

Since: 04-28-02
Rating: 10 (400 pts)

Since last post: 7735 days
Last activity: 7368 days
Posted on 12-04-02 07:09 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
If anything, Verant's buyout will mean one less competitor for Sasami's future MMORPG...
KaworuShiro

Since: 06-05-02

Since last post: 7543 days
Last activity: 7543 days
Posted on 12-04-02 06:00 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
lol, I didn't think it was started on ro.pak0 ^^;
cute story though, wouldn't be that bad of a soap in my opinion... =D

pak0:
Rumor Proved False 04.Dec.2002 - 12:14 CET
Kuipo
There seems that there is a rumor abroad recently concerning Ragnarok Online and what Gravity will do with it after the Closed Beta period.

There has been a rumor started on our forums evidently that states that Verant, the makers of Everquest, were to buy iRO after the 2 month Closed Beta. This is NOT true. Gravity has since e-mailed me disproving this alleged information. Gravity states not only that Gravity doesn't plan to sell iRO to Verant, but that they haven't even spoken with Verant at all.
As for Christy having her job on the line, this is also FALSE. No one is telling her that she could loose her job or that she might be replaced. She told me that Rex in not going to take her place as GM of iRO. Please understand that this is coming straight from Gravity themselves.

http://forum.pak0.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9923&highlight=Veranttarget="_blank"

--------------------
~_~
Magius

Since: 05-22-02

Since last post: 7704 days
Last activity: 8009 days
Posted on 12-04-02 10:22 PMQuote | Edit | Delete
Let's say verant does buy IRO how is it a threat to them if they own IRO. Its not like their gonna lose customers if they own both markets. They'd probably lose money if they just bought it and killed it. Since most people who play IRO are more into anime style animation like myself, rather then EQ's cheezy ass graphics.

So if they did IRO i don't see why they would even kill it. EQ and IRO are two completely different mmorpg's and has probably a different market of gamers.
Kasatka

Since: 09-25-02

Since last post: 7616 days
Last activity: 7874 days
Posted on 12-14-02 11:27 AMQuote | Edit | Delete
Man this is the most turbulent game I think I've ever followed. I didnt get in on this until shortly before the release of Beta 2, and I still dont ereally know what's going on. My most recent memories are of me wandering around the desert, taking in the sights (It's so big! and Sandy! wow!), and getting molested by ants.

It's actually kind of scary, what's going on. Suppose the first post reflects a WCS, and Verant does kill iRO. For many of us, RO will probably fade into recent, then exteded memory as a pleasant, but chaotic event. Now I don't play the game ATM, but I don't want to see another great peice of 'art' disappear like that.

Frankly, I've never really known much about the GM situation simply because I dont havea mind for soap operas. If I got in at the start, maybe. But sadly, not the case (I would liketo find out tho! ) .

The two posts before this sound fairly likely.
Hopefully this will all blow over and perhaps I'll figure all this out by the time it does :p

Oh well. Just checking in.
-----
Dos vedonya
Next newer thread | Next older thread
Sasami's Ragnarok World Forums (LOCKED) - General Discussion - Cute rumors/drama ideas |
Edit/move/close/delete thread

Sasami's Ragnarok World

AcmlmBoard v1.7
© 2000-2001 Acmlm

Page rendered in 0.012 seconds.